These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Xaen
Telepathic Death Mimes
#901 - 2013-10-06 17:12:01 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Why is Somer a parasite?

Somer is a business, plain and simple.

It makes no bones about what it is, it doesn't pretend to be anything other then what it is.

The problem is that CCP pretends it is something else.

How is that any fault of Somers?

They deliberately preyed upon CCP Navigator who is behaving like a senile septuagenarian falling for scams. This is not inherently any worse than any other scammer.

CCP are the ones really at fault here. Which is why I'm so mad.

Somer is just a scam. CCP is just another mark. The only problem with that is their GODLIKE POWERS OVER THE SANDBOX.

I get shouty crackers a lot. Deal with it.

Xaen
Telepathic Death Mimes
#902 - 2013-10-06 17:13:37 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

It is indefensible

Truth. The only way to fix this is to publicly declare - though the same channels they've already given Somer free marketing - that somer is just a scam, and take back all in-game items that they unfairly awarded them.

Favoritism is favoritism.

Xaen
Telepathic Death Mimes
#903 - 2013-10-06 17:14:48 UTC
sally Deninard wrote:
I like some of the email that was sent.

Sent 2013.08.20 02:42

"I will be providing a list of employees and each one will be recieving an Ishukone Watch Scorpion of their own, direct from CCP. I don`t know exactly how they appear. I think they go into your redemption system."

Lets not mess about, these ships were a reward to individual players with a huge market value (at the time) before the Eve vegas lottery was fixed up. There is no intent to lottery off these items.

"Please do not immediately run to the forums and WTS the ship. 30 of them all appearing at once would be wierd"

Pretty much confirming that the gifts are an isk donation to individual players, but asking them not to spook the market.... classy..

"If you want to sell it and don`t have a buyer in mind , please use a lower-profile alt if you would, and wait a little while. This is a really unique thing CCP is doing that doesn`t directly map to anything they have done in the past"

Somer admitting that this is not standard practice and asking recipients to use discretion. Rule no1... If it sounds dodgy ... it`s dodgy...

But here`s the best bit
"Navigator has already offered to promote our events in the future."

Lol

Exactly as classy as lobbyists bribing congressmen!

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#904 - 2013-10-06 17:17:50 UTC
Xaen wrote:

Except in this case it's congressmen wandering blindly over to dumbfounded lobbyists with a wheelbarrow full of cash and asking for no returns except secrecy.

Dodixie > Hek

Chamile Eonic
The Church of MDAMC
#905 - 2013-10-06 17:21:47 UTC
I don't understand why people are upset.

Sure giving almost a trillion isks worth of ships to random players is a totally ******** thing to do. Of cause then trying to keep it a secret is one of the dumbest things you can do.

The thing is, this is CCP, what do you expect? They have always helped out their friends in game either through mechanics or just plain cheating. We have to expect it rather than be shocked by it.

Maybe Hilmar will give us all a pair of Japanese $1000 jeans to make up for it.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#906 - 2013-10-06 17:24:49 UTC
Chamile Eonic wrote:
I don't understand why people are upset.

Sure giving almost a trillion isks worth of ships to random players is a totally ******** thing to do. Of cause then trying to keep it a secret is one of the dumbest things you can do.

The thing is, this is CCP, what do you expect? They have always helped out their friends in game either through mechanics or just plain cheating. We have to expect it rather than be shocked by it.

Maybe Hilmar will give us all a pair of Japanese $1000 jeans to make up for it.

i would be happy if they let me have one buy order from the eve store with shipping and handling waived...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#907 - 2013-10-06 17:31:01 UTC
http://evealopalous.com gives you a free spin for isk everyday with no strings attached.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Xaen
Telepathic Death Mimes
#908 - 2013-10-06 17:33:55 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Xaen wrote:

Except in this case it's congressmen wandering blindly over to dumbfounded lobbyists with a wheelbarrow full of cash and asking for no returns except secrecy.

This is more correct than what I said.

Kate stark
#909 - 2013-10-06 17:40:29 UTC
Mra Rednu wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mra Rednu wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Will CCP please provide an official response? What happened to transparency and running things with the CSM?

it's the weekend.

So what it's the weekend, my buisness doesn't close on the weekend and neither does this one, all it needs is a Yep they got those ships given to them, we'll get back to you on monday with a full response post or No it's not true, you all fell for a troll post.

yeah just because the business doesn't close, doesn't mean the person with the authority to comment on the situation works weekends.

i don't believe i'm having to explain this kind of thing to people.

Lol seriously, there is at least one person at work with the ability to see if it is a troll or not, it's just they not want to say anything at this time until everyone has had a chance to work out what form of damage control they will do this time......

I don't believe I need to explain this kind of thing to you.....

and do you let all of your staff order stock just because they can go out back and check if you've run out of paperclips or something?
bet you don't!

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#910 - 2013-10-06 17:49:19 UTC
The easy answer to this is don't play blink. If they don't have people feeding money into their system they will collapse faster than you can say Ponzi Scheme.
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Prince Kobol
#911 - 2013-10-06 17:52:04 UTC
Xaen wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Why is Somer a parasite?

Somer is a business, plain and simple.

It makes no bones about what it is, it doesn't pretend to be anything other then what it is.

The problem is that CCP pretends it is something else.

They deliberately preyed upon CCP Navigator who is behaving like a senile septuagenarian falling for scams. This is not inherently any worse than any other scammer.

CCP are the ones really at fault here. Which is why I'm so mad.

Somer is just a scam. CCP is just another mark. The only problem with that is their GODLIKE POWERS OVER THE SANDBOX.

Lmao.. really.. preyed upon CCP Navigator .. this has to be the funniest post of the year
Kate stark
#912 - 2013-10-06 17:54:25 UTC
J3ssica Alba wrote:
The easy answer to this is don't play blink. If they don't have people feeding money into their system they will collapse faster than you can say Ponzi Scheme.

and how does that address the issue?

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#913 - 2013-10-06 17:58:58 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Who said it was?
The fault in Somer is playing along with the handouts and trying to help keep them secret. That's a different (business) problem entirely.

The OP did : :)

Where?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#914 - 2013-10-06 17:59:46 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
J3ssica Alba wrote:

No blink, no favoritism, no rare BS handed out? :D
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#915 - 2013-10-06 18:00:59 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Who said it was?
The fault in Somer is playing along with the handouts and trying to help keep them secret. That's a different (business) problem entirely.

No.
Yhor Pita
#916 - 2013-10-06 18:03:22 UTC
How much ISK can I get if I make incredibly moronic replies in defense of what CCP has done? I mean seriously, there can be no other legitimate reason to defend taking a dump in the sandbox everyone is playing in.

No matter the amount of ISK, I'm not sure I'd want to project that amount of stupidity onto myself.

... or are people really capable of being stupid enough to think what CCP has done here is 'right'?
Kate stark
#917 - 2013-10-06 18:07:03 UTC
J3ssica Alba wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
J3ssica Alba wrote:

No blink, no favoritism, no rare BS handed out? :D

no blink, ccp still giving **** to people under the table, issue still exists.

blink, other than being the recipients of an under the table gift are actually irrelevant. who the gift was to means absolutely nothing.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#918 - 2013-10-06 18:10:07 UTC
J3ssica Alba wrote:

I think the actual answer to this is don't play EVE.

Somer is what it is. More power to somer for starting a successful gambling thing that people throw money at.

CCP directly spawning things for the individuals involved? CCP directly spawning things and letting somer have exclusive control over the distribution of these prizes (including allowing somer to ban people at their discretion)?

I have four words for that

"c ya later, shitlords"
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#919 - 2013-10-06 18:12:06 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Who said it was?

No.

Regarding fault, I don't think SOMER staff were wrong in taking what they were entitled to when it was offered by CCP. Nor would they be at fault for keeping something secret upon CCP's request.

The fault lies with CCP.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#920 - 2013-10-06 18:19:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Erotica 1
As a special promotion, for every player of my game in bio who puts "Ishukone Watch" in the message field when sending isk will be entered into a drawing to win a free one. You can enter as many times as you wish, following the isk doubling rules in my bio.

Good Luck!

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.