These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Literally Space Moses
Perkone
Caldari State
#861 - 2013-10-06 13:27:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Literally Space Moses
Still waiting for my leviathan, which, since you can't refine it, has no in-game value and is in fact less powerful than real titans (erebus, avatar)

#T2013

#T2013

Prince Kobol
#862 - 2013-10-06 13:37:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Might as well get my .02 ISK into this argument...

I'll firstly admit what CCP did was wrong, favoritism in anyway isn't cool! BUT, if you look at what was given away /exactly/ what was given away. Then I'll be honest to say all I see is a bunch of kids crying!

If it was a game changing element to a SOV holding corp/alliance/coalition, ok, burn this ****** to the ground! Now sit back and think about it for all of 1 minute, they gave 30 NERFED BSs (same stats as original, different skin, refines into 1 trit.) to a non-combat entity that in NO WAY HAS BEEN PROVEN TO FILTER ISK TO A COMBAT ENTITY AND IS INVOLVED IN RMT!
Then people do have a point that they're worth some ISK, that will go down in price with every ship introduced into the game. AND CCP has stated to be doing this more in the future, so the prices will go down even further. But it's not even a game changer with the ISK of the ships. Why? Look at then entity that they were handed to! filthy ******* rich people! I know some SOMER Directors IRL, I can vouch they're not doing any RMT and the amount of ISK they have...this is just a drop in the pond!

I strongly believe that CCP went through all of SOMERS accts with a fine tooth comb. If anything caused a red flag to be raised, this would never happen!

With alot of people doing IRL stuffs for people, and improving the community, which is all cool! Believe you me! They should get something ~cool~ aswell, but I think CCP already has something in the works!

I have to admit, SOMER does alot!

Their site is top notch, they've never ripped off ANYONE! (Looking at you GSF here, even being allies, I get you ******* still trying to rip me off and scam me.) and they always deliver in a insanely fast fashion.

Also, one thing that everyone fails to notice, one simple little thing. CCP can literally do whatever they want with this game and everything inside it! We all agreed and signed to the Terms and Conditions for this game.

Quote:
10. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS

B. Rights to Certain Content

You have no interest in the value of your time spent playing the Game, for example, by the building up of the experience level of your character and the items your character accumulates during your time playing the Game. Your Account, and all attributes of your Account, including all corporations, actions, groups, titles and characters, and all objects, currency and items acquired, developed or delivered by or to characters as a result of play through your Accounts, are the sole and exclusive property of CCP, including any and all copyrights and intellectual property rights in or to any and all of the same, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

WE all agreed to the terms and conditions, which includes this...

TL:DR

- SOMER is a good entity that does alot for the community in the way of donations, and they drive the sale of PLEX!
- It's unfair and they showed favoritism to a group with shinys. BUT what the group received and who the group is, it really doesn't bother me the slightest. AND IT IS NOT A GAME CHANGER
- CCP can do what they want, by the Terms of Service that we all signed, we said it was OK to do so! (Granted that it's not a game changer in anyway!)

/rant........troll away, this is my .02 ISK and I stand by this and will not be replying!

At what point is it not acceptable to you?

Since you don't believe giving items worth billions of isk is a game changer then I guess a titan or a BPO is also okay.

Also the line about not replying is a kin to a child sticking his fingers in there ears going "nah nah nah"

Very grown up of you.
Prince Kobol
#863 - 2013-10-06 13:39:45 UTC
Literally Space Moses wrote:
Still waiting for my titan, which, since you can't refine it, has no in-game value and is in fact less powerful than real titans (erebus, avatar)

#T2013

I'm waiting for my Titan BPO's as apparently being given items that can sell for billions is fine. Also you cant refine a BPO so its even better then a ship :)
Rekon X
Doomheim
#864 - 2013-10-06 13:48:39 UTC
I'm his bud, gives me stuffs.

Definition of goon - a stupid person Those who can do, those who can't spew

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#865 - 2013-10-06 13:49:24 UTC
Literally Space Moses wrote:
Still waiting for my leviathan, which, since you can't refine it, has no in-game value and is in fact less powerful than real titans (erebus, avatar)

#T2013

lol shield supers

Where's my Faction Erebus CCP? It's not bad because you can't make it, is slightly worse than a normal one, and you can't refine it.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#866 - 2013-10-06 13:53:39 UTC
Still, the best thing to come out of this was CCP Navigator recommending people go join a gambling site and take part in their scheme to get you hooked free credit

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3660752#post3660752

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#867 - 2013-10-06 14:04:27 UTC  |  Edited by: dexington
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Still, the best thing to come out of this was CCP Navigator recommending people go join a gambling site and take part in their scheme to get you hooked free credit

He is telling people how to enter a competition, without paying somer...

Are goons not all about good posting?, i think you are one post closer to getting kicked.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#868 - 2013-10-06 14:10:43 UTC
Still no Avatar. Is it because I'm in Wspace? I can get out and dock up if I need to in order to pickup the worthless titan you're going to give me.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Tilly Delnero
Doomheim
#869 - 2013-10-06 14:20:24 UTC
While I like SOMER Blink, I'm a little confused as to why exactly they are getting unique and expensive in-game rewards for running a site intended for profit. In terms of content the site adds nothing, and I seriously doubt there's anyone who joined EVE because of some 'amazing gambling site'.

Chribba, Rooks and Kings, DaOpa, Goonswarm, PL, EVE Uni, CVA, Mintchip and a lot of other people have done far more to bring people into the game and retain them than any gambling site in existence, and I would honestly expect those people/organisations to be higher in the pipeline for rewards. It's all very strange (and no, I'm not subscribing to a conspiracy theory for once).

But anyway yeah, honestly give RnK a fleet of them - I'd love to see what they could do with them in an organised fleet. Lol
Ivana Hugnkiss
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#870 - 2013-10-06 14:44:00 UTC
CCP has the right to do what they want with their own game and they can ignore the immense displeasure that's coming from their player base, but one thing they can't ignore is their bottom line.

All accounts canceled. Reason given was "favoritism is bad".
Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#871 - 2013-10-06 14:51:51 UTC
Tilly Delnero wrote:
While I like SOMER Blink, I'm a little confused as to why exactly they are getting unique and expensive in-game rewards for running a site intended for profit. In terms of content the site adds nothing, and I seriously doubt there's anyone who joined EVE because of some 'amazing gambling site'.

Chribba, Rooks and Kings, DaOpa, Goonswarm, PL, EVE Uni, CVA, Mintchip and a lot of other people have done far more to bring people into the game and retain them than any gambling site in existence, and I would honestly expect those people/organisations to be higher in the pipeline for rewards. It's all very strange (and no, I'm not subscribing to a conspiracy theory for once).

But anyway yeah, honestly give RnK a fleet of them - I'd love to see what they could do with them in an organised fleet. Lol

CCP always has a choice in promotions such as these. They could run it at the "people's" level in the form of a lottery with an even playing field, instead of bonusing already-rich money-making enterprises.

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Arec Bardwin
#872 - 2013-10-06 14:59:21 UTC
dexington wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

And lying in the process, as you have to pay to play.
Red Templar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#873 - 2013-10-06 15:43:52 UTC
dexington wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

Are goons not all about good posting?, i think you are one post closer to getting kicked.

In order to play promo blink (free one) you had to play at least one not free blink in the last 48 hours. So how is it entering competition without paying somer exactly?

[b]For Love. For Peace. For Honor.

For None of the Above.

For Pony![/b]

Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#874 - 2013-10-06 15:44:05 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Mra Rednu wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Will CCP please provide an official response? What happened to transparency and running things with the CSM?

it's the weekend.

So what it's the weekend, my buisness doesn't close on the weekend and neither does this one, all it needs is a Yep they got those ships given to them, we'll get back to you on monday with a full response post or No it's not true, you all fell for a troll post.

yeah just because the business doesn't close, doesn't mean the person with the authority to comment on the situation works weekends.

i don't believe i'm having to explain this kind of thing to people.

Lol seriously, there is at least one person at work with the ability to see if it is a troll or not, it's just they not want to say anything at this time until everyone has had a chance to work out what form of damage control they will do this time......

I don't believe I need to explain this kind of thing to you.....
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#875 - 2013-10-06 15:53:03 UTC
Still waiting for my fancy ship in redeem box to appear,otherwise below quote is best way to show our respect to CCP and their shenanigans .

Ivana Hugnkiss wrote:
CCP has the right to do what they want with their own game and they can ignore the immense displeasure that's coming from their player base, but one thing they can't ignore is their bottom line.

All accounts canceled. Reason given was "favoritism is bad".

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Xaen
Telepathic Death Mimes
#876 - 2013-10-06 16:22:40 UTC
dexington wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

He's giving them exclusive PR.

Blatant favoritism of real value.

Let me guess, you're a SomerSuckerâ„¢ too?

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

I get shouty crackers a lot. Deal with it.

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#877 - 2013-10-06 16:24:01 UTC
Red Templar wrote:
dexington wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

In order to play promo blink (free one) you had to play at least one not free blink in the last 48 hours. So how is it entering competition without paying somer exactly?

I'm not sure if it works without any deposits, but i use the milestone gifts for playing, i got 25M last time i logged in. Personally i buy GTC using somer because it's cheaper then buying from ccp, which gives 200M for free.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Danny S
Hold Fast
#878 - 2013-10-06 16:28:48 UTC
i just wonder why they try'd to keep it secret

RAW23
#879 - 2013-10-06 16:33:02 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Might as well get my .02 ISK into this argument...

I'll firstly admit what CCP did was wrong, favoritism in anyway isn't cool! BUT, if you look at what was given away /exactly/ what was given away. Then I'll be honest to say all I see is a bunch of kids crying!

If it was a game changing element to a SOV holding corp/alliance/coalition, ok, burn this ****** to the ground! Now sit back and think about it for all of 1 minute, they gave 30 NERFED BSs (same stats as original, different skin, refines into 1 trit.) to a non-combat entity that in NO WAY HAS BEEN PROVEN TO FILTER ISK TO A COMBAT ENTITY AND IS INVOLVED IN RMT!

Not sure why you are focusing on connections to combat entities. The fact that the item is not great in combat is irrelevant. Power is exercised in this game through various means and one of the non-combat spheres is the economy. Handing out 500billion isk to an organisation is a major economic boost and gives those players extra leverage in the field of economic PvP. It is not the case that only favouritism to nullsec power blocs matters. As someone who has mainly focused on the business side of the eve game and who sees all other eve businesses as competitors, I find the fact that CCP is giving significant economic boosts to their favourite business just as disturbing as if they were giving significant strategic advantages to their favourite null-sec power bloc.

There are two types of EVE player:

those who believe there are two types of EVE player and those who do not.

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#880 - 2013-10-06 16:33:28 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Now sit back and think about it for all of 1 minute, they gave 30 NERFED BSs (same stats as original, different skin, refines into 1 trit.) to a non-combat entity that in NO WAY HAS BEEN PROVEN TO FILTER ISK TO A COMBAT ENTITY AND IS INVOLVED IN RMT!

Bolding and capitalizing a statement makes it true obviously. But apart from that:
Why would anyone entertain a for-profit gambling site in Eve? What possible reasons could there be? Now sit back and think about it. Because after blinging out your PVE Marauder there aren't many single player options to spend isk, so you either:
a) Have alts or friends in "combat entities", or b) RMT.