These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#801 - 2013-10-06 10:49:40 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Will CCP please provide an official response? What happened to transparency and running things with the CSM?

it's the weekend.

They responded allready (on a 3rd class gamingwebsite). Nobody in CCP is interested in the players at the forums.

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#802 - 2013-10-06 10:52:25 UTC
Bronco Platz wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Will CCP please provide an official response? What happened to transparency and running things with the CSM?

it's the weekend.

They responded allready (on a 3rd class gamingwebsite). Nobody in CCP is interested in the players at the forums.

Do you have a link for that?

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Prince Kobol
#803 - 2013-10-06 10:53:23 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Whats your point? One group gets super valuable items, because CCP feels they deserve it, either throught their skill piloting ships in combat, or through their work which enhances a section of the community. Please enlighten me as to what you feel I am missing.

^ What I said.

And here are the reply's:
Yhor Pita wrote:
A brain.

dexington wrote:
If you can't see the difference, i would say you are missing common sense.

Vaju Enki wrote:
We can't help you, you must first develop some basic cognitive functions. Are you that "Tarzan" kid that lived in the wild and was raised by animals? It would explain alot...

Either you all have no ability to articulate yourselves, or you just don't know what you are so angry about. Get over yourselves.

Okay.. lets start at the beginning.

Yes CCP give away prizes each year for the tournaments.

CCP list what the prizes are going to be before the tournament starts.

Who gets the prizes is determined by who wins the tournament.

Players of various corps and alliances form teams and practice for months.

They entire the tournament.

The matches are streamed live.

We have a Winner and Runner up.

The entire community knows who wins and what they won.

We clear so far?

In this case people who we don't know were given free items which have a in game effect in secrecy for doing something.

See the difference?
Josef Djugashvilis
#804 - 2013-10-06 10:55:24 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:

At the time of the elections for CSM 8, I described it as CSM Who?

It would seem that CCP shares my view.

This is not a signature.

Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#805 - 2013-10-06 10:57:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Princess Bride wrote:
If it was not true, CCP would be posting the "NOT BE TOLERATED" blog already including the bans that resulted from such a blatant lie and slander.

But nothing.

But honestly, all of that aside, you guys have to try to remember that his is just a video game, and CCP runs it. They can do whatever they want, favor whomever they want, give and take whatever they want.

Somer Mahm is winning the meta game of Eve. Yes, that does mean you are losing. Cry me a river.

Not while retaining a paying customer base. He who laughs last laughs best.
mama guru
Yazatas.
#806 - 2013-10-06 10:58:07 UTC
Oh my, I thought T20 was a thing of the past.

I guess that's what happens when you hire people who probably don't even know who that is.

EVE online is the fishermans friend of MMO's. If it's too hard you are too weak.

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#807 - 2013-10-06 10:58:30 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
What happened to transparency and running things with the CSM?

Don't believe everything they tell you...

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#808 - 2013-10-06 10:59:10 UTC
Amhra Rho wrote:
Bronco Platz wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:

it's the weekend.

Do you have a link for that?

Here you go: http://kotaku.com/eve-players-decry-favoritism-as-select-few-get-a-20-1441517429

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#809 - 2013-10-06 11:06:46 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Right, since ISD Tyrozan decided to lock my thread for its "similarities" to this one, here's a call for CCP to hand over a list of everything they've given away:

Judging by the recent Guardian-Vexor/Magnate scandal, the community seems relatively unaware that CCP seems to enjoy dropping gifts on "pillars of the community". The furor that arose earlier today/yesterday over SOMER employees being given an Ishukone Scorpion each for their sterling work in making a profit and keeping the community logged in to EVE that little bit longer (before anyone starts raging about this, yes, I'm aware that they do sponsor community events e.g. RvB Ganked. However, they also get plenty of free advertising off CCP and other community groups, sooooo) seems to have indicated that players assumed this was a once-ever screwup by CCP.

Apparently not.

Looking at a thread titled "SPZ-3 'Torch'", complaining that CCP dropped some rare monocles in a roam that were acquired by Entity, it would seem that the OP is full of impotent rage at CCP's method of giving away free stuff (rare drops from CCP roams are my personal preference, involving devs and players and giving directly to the community). However. Let's have a look at a particular section of Entity's WTS post:

Entity wrote:

These are the same monocles CCP sponsored to SOMER.Blink (4 of each variety).

This would suggest that CCP has already handed over at least these ultra-rare items to SOMER. What else has been given away?

Well if you watch the vid of the event I think the OP of that thread has a point. They dropped 30 monocles, this guy is selling for 27 billion each, that's like 800 billion isk in PL's home system. In the video you can clearly see its a PL / CCP event so effectively they just gave the stuff to PL after having some gudfites.

I guess PL members must be RL friends with CCP too.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#810 - 2013-10-06 11:23:10 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
dexington wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:
To all of you (goons *sigh*) raging about how CCP has just broken the game, consider this bit of logic:

Every year CCP gives out (magic, like) super valuable items to the player base. They are collectively know as the Alliance Tournament prizes. Despite this, the game has not emploded yet. Quite remarkable, isn't it?

They don't secretly pick one group and give them prizes

Whats your point? One group gets super valuable items, because CCP feels they deserve it, either throught their skill piloting ships in combat, or through their work which enhances a section of the community. Please enlighten me as to what you feel I am missing.

Your stupid face and expression explains a lot of your rabble.
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#811 - 2013-10-06 11:32:28 UTC

So, that link says that CCP say Somerset are not unique in having recieved these:

Quote:
It has been given out several times already (including some very analogous to this one) and will be given out again in the future for contests, awards, charity-related efforts, 'thanks' and more.

Will there be further outcry towards these other incidents, or is it unique to Somer?
Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#812 - 2013-10-06 11:33:47 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:

it's the weekend.

So what it's the weekend, my buisness doesn't close on the weekend and neither does this one, all it needs is a Yep they got those ships given to them, we'll get back to you on monday with a full response post or No it's not true, you all fell for a troll post.
Kate stark
#813 - 2013-10-06 11:35:50 UTC
Mra Rednu wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:

it's the weekend.

So what it's the weekend, my buisness doesn't close on the weekend and neither does this one, all it needs is a Yep they got those ships given to them, we'll get back to you on monday with a full response post or No it's not true, you all fell for a troll post.

yeah just because the business doesn't close, doesn't mean the person with the authority to comment on the situation works weekends.

i don't believe i'm having to explain this kind of thing to people.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

wowyouareacow
NANA221 Corporation
#814 - 2013-10-06 11:38:39 UTC
CCP, why did you decide some of the richest players in EVE should be given even more ISK?
SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#815 - 2013-10-06 11:39:55 UTC  |  Edited by: SKINE DMZ
They did respond.. just not here to the players.

"[UPDATE] An EVE Online spokesman responds that "The Ishukone Scorpion was created for exactly this sort of purpose—a promo ship for giveaways and special occasions to be used on multiple levels. It has been given out several times already (including some very analogous to this one) and will be given out again in the future for contests, awards, charity-related efforts, 'thanks' and more."P

Additionally, despite this spacecraft's unique skin, it is "actually worse gameplay-wise than the regular Scorpion and refines to only 1 Tritanium—so it is little more than a hangar ornament." The reason it's in-game price is so high because of the craft's current rarity. "Yet as more are introduced I am pretty sure the market price will lower based on total supply, as we see after the first few days any ship has been added to EVE."P

Community concerns over the use of the ship as a thank-you have been "carefully noted," and the game is "looking into creating a fuller program for those celebrating the amazing EVE community.""

They got the worst attitude to this, I did not expect the developers to be handing out ships here and there, to me that just makes no sense in this game. However I am looking forward to Rubicon Cool

I disagree

Ariel Dawn
State War Academy
Caldari State
#816 - 2013-10-06 11:42:12 UTC
Items that CCP gives directly to players without any sort of competition (tournament or otherwise) should be seeded and readily available for the general population of the game. The monocles should not have been dropped by a random event in the home system of a prolific alliance where it would be hard pressed for any other group to fight over. SOMER Blink does not need any charity from CCP as well.

What other people/sites have received special limited edition items outside of SOMER Blink by the way?
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#817 - 2013-10-06 11:46:13 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:
dexington wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:
To all of you (goons *sigh*) raging about how CCP has just broken the game, consider this bit of logic:

Every year CCP gives out (magic, like) super valuable items to the player base. They are collectively know as the Alliance Tournament prizes. Despite this, the game has not emploded yet. Quite remarkable, isn't it?

no, they get the items as a prize for winning the tournament. if that basic fact alone doesn't illustrate the obvious difference to you, please stop posting as you've clearly got nothing useful to contribute to the discussion as you cannot grasp the issue being discussed.

as to what you're missing; you're missing the entire point.

I'm not missing the point, you're missing the point: CCP gave a small amount of (supposedly valuable) stuff away to people, and the game did not implode. This is not game changing, sommer blink is not now going to conquer all of New Eden with an army of IS Scorps, this is not micro-transactions, and it is not T20 again, despite all your hysterics. Move along people, nothing to see here.

Again, get over yourselves.

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Prince Kobol
#818 - 2013-10-06 11:48:42 UTC
Rhivre wrote:

So, that link says that CCP say Somerset are not unique in having recieved these:

Quote:
It has been given out several times already (including some very analogous to this one) and will be given out again in the future for contests, awards, charity-related efforts, 'thanks' and more.

Will there be further outcry towards these other incidents, or is it unique to Somer?

If you had read some of the comments on this thread then you will see then answer would be yes.

The issue that these shall we say gifts went to somer is irreverent.

No player should receive any in item that can have an effect in game in secrecy.

The problem is CCP do not seem to realise the actual problem which is they are giving people items which can have an effect in game in secrecy.

If they see no problem with giving these items then why hide it? It should be no issue to them to release a dev blog detailing which players/entities have been given gifts.

Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#819 - 2013-10-06 11:50:09 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:

In this case people who we don't know were given free items WHICH HAVE A IN GAME EFFECT in secrecy for doing something.

See the difference?

For your benefit, I full-caped, bolded and underlined the bit where you got it wrong.

Get over yourself.

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Prince Kobol
#820 - 2013-10-06 11:51:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:
dexington wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:

no, they get the items as a prize for winning the tournament. if that basic fact alone doesn't illustrate the obvious difference to you, please stop posting as you've clearly got nothing useful to contribute to the discussion as you cannot grasp the issue being discussed.

as to what you're missing; you're missing the entire point.

I'm not missing the point, you're missing the point: CCP gave a small amount of (supposedly valuable) stuff away to people, and the game did not implode. This is not game changing, sommer blink is not now going to conquer all of New Eden with an army of IS Scorps, this is not micro-transactions, and it is not T20 again, despite all your hysterics. Move along people, nothing to see here.

Again, get over yourselves.

Please tell me your trolling as I refuse to believe somebody is simply this incapable of getting the point.