These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#701 - 2013-10-06 04:20:44 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
I would tell you who's alt I am from Goonswarm, but TOS.

Oh ho ho, wouldn't want to impersonate now would we..

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#702 - 2013-10-06 04:23:13 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
[

If eve is wow then why not play wow! flabbergasturd!

https://eu.battle.net/account/creation/tos.html

1 = 0.9999 recurring

CYA IN WORLD PVP where you can't dock.. make sure to make a character on horde side send me your IGN!

I see a bit of brown on your nose. 450b worth of ISK for you, courtesy of CCP!
Tore Vest
#703 - 2013-10-06 04:28:36 UTC
aaaaa...
Goons forum poaster brigade is strong in this thread Cool

No troll.

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#704 - 2013-10-06 04:29:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Mina Sebiestar
Nothing new here CCP is what CCP does.

I could use one of those ships in my redeem box tomorrow ...just sayin'

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#705 - 2013-10-06 04:29:26 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Anomaly One wrote:
[

If eve is wow then why not play wow! flabbergasturd!

https://eu.battle.net/account/creation/tos.html

1 = 0.9999 recurring

CYA IN WORLD PVP where you can't dock.. make sure to make a character on horde side send me your IGN!

I see a bit of brown on your nose. 450b worth of ISK for you, courtesy of CCP!

!!!! I ain't complaining!
Tore Vest
#706 - 2013-10-06 04:30:13 UTC
Keep on going... You know you get what you want at the end Blink

No troll.

mechtech
Ice Liberation Army
#707 - 2013-10-06 04:56:27 UTC  |  Edited by: mechtech
Absolutely unacceptable Cry

This is what the CSM is for, they need to stand up and get CCP to come out with a clear policy to not support one player run organization over another in any way. It's unfortunate that CCP needs to spell this out, but this entire Blink fiasco has shown it's time for action.

At the very least, this process needs to be transparent. Secret gifts? What did CCP think was going to happen when the community finds out?! CCP needs a better promo review process that implements at least a tiny bit of common sense.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#708 - 2013-10-06 05:17:52 UTC
mechtech wrote:
At the very least, this process needs to be transparent. Secret gifts? What did CCP think was going to happen when the community finds out?

Didn't you see the leaked mail? It wasn't supposed to get out.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#709 - 2013-10-06 05:22:52 UTC
Greed is good
Argus Sorn
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#710 - 2013-10-06 05:22:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Argus Sorn
The very fact that Somer sends out mails saying that these gifts should remain secret is proof that this is not the sort of organization CCP should be endorsing and doing business with.

But yet - CCP has labeled them as 100% trustworthy.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#711 - 2013-10-06 05:24:01 UTC
Argus Sorn wrote:
The very fact that Somer sends out mails saying that these gifts should remain secret is proof that this is not the sort of organization CCP should be endorsing and doing business with.

But yet - CCP has labeled that as 100% trustworthy.

Too bad they couldn't keep their (implicit) promise to not leak this

Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#712 - 2013-10-06 05:28:29 UTC
So here is a question:

Has ANYONE AT ALL other than Blink been seen to receive these ships? Right now, due to the utterly nontransparent nature of this giveaway, it really looks like only Somer Blink was given these ships. Other EVE Gambling websites haven't been given it (as mentioned by Niraia earlier in the thread), nor have the owners/operators of hugely more important community sites (as mentioned by Chribba).

Were these ships ONLY given to blink?
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#713 - 2013-10-06 05:30:29 UTC
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
So here is a question:

Short answer, no.
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#714 - 2013-10-06 05:42:37 UTC
sally Deninard wrote:
kotaku

[UPDATE] An EVE Online spokesman responds that "The Ishukone Scorpion was created for exactly this sort of purpose—a promo ship for giveaways and special occasions to be used on multiple levels. It has been given out several times already (including some very analogous to this one) and will be given out again in the future for contests, awards, charity-related efforts, 'thanks' and more."

Additionally, despite this spacecraft's unique skin, it is "actually worse gameplay-wise than the regular Scorpion and refines to only 1 Tritanium—so it is little more than a hangar ornament." The reason it's in-game price is so high because of the craft's current rarity. "Yet as more are introduced I am pretty sure the market price will lower based on total supply, as we see after the first few days any ship has been added to EVE."

Community concerns over the use of the ship as a thank-you have been "carefully noted," and the game is "looking into creating a fuller program for those celebrating the amazing EVE community."

It seems CCP have confirmed this to a 3rd party site, but the community isn`t getting an answer

Quote:
An EVE Online spokesman responds that "The Ishukone Scorpion was created for exactly this sort of purpose—a promo ship for giveaways and special occasions to be used on multiple levels.

So now CCP has dug its heels in and resorted to lying?Shocked

Because as far as I can remember that ship was supposed to be a test, to see how many CCP could sell from within the (gold ammo) NEX store as a "NEX store exclusive" item. There was no single hair on their collectives head that where thinking back then, "yeah, lets give these away!"

This whole thing stinks.
Bah and indeed how low have you sunk CCP?
You've clearly nothing learned from the lessons of the past.

And nope, I'm not a goon, nor a goon alt, nor a pet. Just someone who's slowly getting fed up with this company that seems to excel at falling on its face, over and over again. And they just never seem to learn.Evil
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#715 - 2013-10-06 05:43:17 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
So here is a question:

Short answer, no.

So who else? Do we know?
Abditus Cularius
Clancularius Industries
#716 - 2013-10-06 06:02:14 UTC
The entire staff of SCL got them. Almost 100 people at fanfest got them. The poker tourney people got them. CCP have been handing them out like candy for almost a year now.

Goons are only acting all butthurt about Blink getting them because mittens has his hands stuffed up their to work their mouth.
Drezen Tor
What is Dead May Never Die
#717 - 2013-10-06 06:04:28 UTC
Sure, Goons are upset over several hundred billion in giveaways. Yeah, that make sense. Nothing to do with the method or the seemingly arbitrary selection or anything.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#718 - 2013-10-06 06:12:53 UTC
"Thank you for running a lottery that's massively profitable to all members of your corporation. Here's some 15 billion isk ships for each member of your corporation."

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

E6o5
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#719 - 2013-10-06 06:15:46 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
because people were under the false assumption that it was a Legacy item which it is not and were paying that much.

though now we know better and its not...

but goons keep yelling 20 billion 520 billion 647 quajillion!

as if saying number means anything.

See, CCP? This is the customer you will be keeping after the dust settles. People that don't comprehend the simplest ideas of a market.

lmao notice hows goons and thier respective alts are the only ones upset here... funny they are like the tea party of eve

Are you claiming that I'm a goon alt? I guess that would be against the new TOS ...
Argus Sorn
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#720 - 2013-10-06 06:33:21 UTC
So here is a question:

Has ANYONE AT ALL other than Blink been seen to receive these ships? Right now, due to the utterly nontransparent nature of this giveaway, it really looks like only Somer Blink was given these ships. Other EVE Gambling websites haven't been given it (as mentioned by Niraia earlier in the thread), nor have the owners/operators of hugely more important community sites (as mentioned by Chribba).

Other EVE Gambling sites are not nifty enough.

CCP Navigator said so.