These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
sally Deninard
mss industry
#561 - 2013-10-05 22:47:16 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
so i stopped following the thread for a while but what i can tell is that CCP have basically said [and not even to us] "it's nbd, the scorpion only refines to 1 trit so people don't need to worry about us clearly playing favourites?"

is that about right?

Kotaku had added a real money value to the ship, so they need to de value it to avoid a complete shitstorm.
It`s a PR thing

"it`s not worth anything"
"everybody`s gonna get one"
etc etc.
From a company standpoint it`s a bad place to be.
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#562 - 2013-10-05 22:47:26 UTC  |  Edited by: KIller Wabbit
Mr M wrote:
I wish there wasn't so much drama in the EVE community all the time. I don't care if SOMER Blink got some ships. Congrats to them. But if I get a vote on who to give a couple of ships to next time I say Red Frog, those guys are a great service to the community. I would've shot myself years ago if I had to ferry stuff back and forth to Jita every day.

Off topic - After Rubicon release slows down freighters Red Frog will be out of business for the reason you stated.

On topic - yeah, reward in game content, not out of game profiteering. For example, award to any pilot that has delivered a Red Frog contract a non-tradeable, non-sellable, 1-isk mineral content, "Red Frog" flagged freighter. That would be a reward they deserve.
Kate stark
#563 - 2013-10-05 22:48:44 UTC
Mr M wrote:
I wish there wasn't so much drama in the EVE community all the time. I don't care if SOMER Blink got some ships. Congrats to them. But if I get a vote on who to give a couple of ships to next time I say Red Frog, those guys are a great service to the community. I would've shot myself years ago if I had to ferry stuff back and forth to Jita every day.

while i agree they do an awesome job, they too do it for profit so even though it's a service they provide it's not exactly a "community service".

then again if CCP were just dishing out medals or irrelevant titles rather than things that had an actual isk value nobody would care. just like nobody gave a **** if you had a blue peter badge as a kid, but they all cared if you had a bit of paper with charles darwin's face on it.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#564 - 2013-10-05 22:49:15 UTC
CCP, Seriously, an Amarr fleet Avatar that refines to 1 trit would be cool with me. I'm still waiting.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Baron vonDoom
Scorn.
#565 - 2013-10-05 22:52:49 UTC
CCP, You are officially scornworthy.

The most despicable behaviour I have encountered in 35 years of playing computer games from any gaming company.

Committing the exact same mistake, not once but three times - and then doing it twice within two months.

This is plainly disgusting and I will spread the word.
Demon Azrakel
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#566 - 2013-10-05 22:53:12 UTC
Mr M wrote:

So why should CCP favor Red Frog and give them free stuff instead of their competitors like PushX?

Do you see the issue here? Blatant CCP favoritism of ingame groups over others, giving them a massive in-game advantage.
Kate stark
#567 - 2013-10-05 22:54:30 UTC
sally Deninard wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
so i stopped following the thread for a while but what i can tell is that CCP have basically said [and not even to us] "it's nbd, the scorpion only refines to 1 trit so people don't need to worry about us clearly playing favourites?"

is that about right?

Kotaku had added a real money value to the ship, so they need to de value it to avoid a complete shitstorm.
It`s a PR thing

"it`s not worth anything"
"everybody`s gonna get one"
etc etc.
From a company standpoint it`s a bad place to be.

i don't even know how to respond, the action then the "justification" are leaving me at a loss to be honest. mostly the justification though.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Naradius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#568 - 2013-10-05 22:54:31 UTC
Naradius wrote:
Well, after reading the CCP 3rd party site statement, I gained some comfort knowing that in the Ish Scorp, I have finally found a ship just as useless as the Phantasm in my hanger...

CCP, I demand reimbursement for my Phantasm (but I would still like to keep it), because every useless ship you have created should be given away.Roll

Actually, I've changed my mind:
I would like CCP to swap my Phantasm for an Ish Scorp, because they are both useless hanger ornaments, and it won't matter...right?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Sir Gankal0t
5th Element Incorporated
Corelum Syndicate
#569 - 2013-10-05 22:54:52 UTC
I'm infuriated by this !

On the other hand, I'm starting to think that SOMERblink almost deserves the ishukone ships for creating this much delicious, delicious drama.
Demon Azrakel
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#570 - 2013-10-05 22:55:24 UTC
Aiwha wrote:
CCP, Seriously, an Amarr fleet Avatar that refines to 1 trit would be cool with me. I'm still waiting.

It would be just fine, as long as it was slightly worse than the T1 version.

/s
Josef Djugashvilis
#571 - 2013-10-05 22:56:51 UTC
If the leaked email is not a fake, CCP Navigator better be able to live up to his name to navigate through this humdinger of a perfect storm.

This is not a signature.

Kate stark
#572 - 2013-10-05 22:58:54 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
If the leaked email is not a fake, CCP Navigator better be able to live up to his name to navigate through this humdinger of a perfect storm.

it if was fake, they'd have simply said so by now, about 25 pages or more ago.

i doubt something like this hasn't already been brought to their attention.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#573 - 2013-10-05 22:59:37 UTC
Demon Azrakel wrote:
Aiwha wrote:

It would be just fine, as long as it was slightly worse than the T1 version.

/s

While we're on this, please give away a bunch of... let's call them Navy Reserve Ravens. I have an idea that involves a lot of contracts in Jita. I can't explain it in detail here, but trust me, it will create some wonderful content. For me.
Cameron Freerunner
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#574 - 2013-10-05 22:59:58 UTC
sally Deninard wrote:
kotaku

[UPDATE] An EVE Online spokesman responds that "The Ishukone Scorpion was created for exactly this sort of purpose—a promo ship for giveaways and special occasions to be used on multiple levels. It has been given out several times already (including some very analogous to this one) and will be given out again in the future for contests, awards, charity-related efforts, 'thanks' and more."

Additionally, despite this spacecraft's unique skin, it is "actually worse gameplay-wise than the regular Scorpion and refines to only 1 Tritanium—so it is little more than a hangar ornament." The reason it's in-game price is so high because of the craft's current rarity. "Yet as more are introduced I am pretty sure the market price will lower based on total supply, as we see after the first few days any ship has been added to EVE."

Community concerns over the use of the ship as a thank-you have been "carefully noted," and the game is "looking into creating a fuller program for those celebrating the amazing EVE community."

It seems CCP have confirmed this to a 3rd party site, but the community isn`t getting an answer

Thanks for the link.

It now seems painfully clear that they've opted for the wall of silence with the playerbase. We've made it several weeks into this situation and there has only been one official communication related to Somer and that amounted to "we're changing some stuff slightly, we're gonna do this whether you want us to or not, but we're not going to discuss anything else about it or the decisions underlying it."

Reading that quote from "a CCP representative," it sure does seem like they're telling us to go **** ourselves.

They told us last time that they would no longer listen to what we say, but would instead judge us by what we do. This thread and the ones that preceded it, the monument protests (btw remember when they renamed the monument in honor of the summer of rage? how many of you noticed that they changed the name back to the original?), and the CSM are absolutely irrelevant. Save your breath and your time. There really isn't anything left to talk about. Log off. Just. Log. Off.
sally Deninard
mss industry
#575 - 2013-10-05 23:02:26 UTC
Cameron Freerunner wrote:
sally Deninard wrote:
kotaku

[UPDATE] An EVE Online spokesman responds that "The Ishukone Scorpion was created for exactly this sort of purpose—a promo ship for giveaways and special occasions to be used on multiple levels. It has been given out several times already (including some very analogous to this one) and will be given out again in the future for contests, awards, charity-related efforts, 'thanks' and more."

Additionally, despite this spacecraft's unique skin, it is "actually worse gameplay-wise than the regular Scorpion and refines to only 1 Tritanium—so it is little more than a hangar ornament." The reason it's in-game price is so high because of the craft's current rarity. "Yet as more are introduced I am pretty sure the market price will lower based on total supply, as we see after the first few days any ship has been added to EVE."

Community concerns over the use of the ship as a thank-you have been "carefully noted," and the game is "looking into creating a fuller program for those celebrating the amazing EVE community."

It seems CCP have confirmed this to a 3rd party site, but the community isn`t getting an answer

Thanks for the link.

It now seems painfully clear that they've opted for the wall of silence with the playerbase. We've made it several weeks into this situation and there has only been one official communication related to Somer and that amounted to "we're changing some stuff slightly, we're gonna do this whether you want us to or not, but we're not going to discuss anything else about it or the decisions underlying it."

Reading that quote from "a CCP representative," it sure does seem like they're telling us to go **** ourselves.

They told us last time that they would no longer listen to what we say, but would instead judge us by what we do. This thread and the ones that preceded it, the monument protests (btw remember when they renamed the monument in honor of the summer of rage? how many of you noticed that they changed the name back to the original?), and the CSM are absolutely irrelevant. Save your breath and your time. There really isn't anything left to talk about. Log off. Just. Log. Off.

Yup am gonna throw a big train onto my main and let my alt accs slide i think 07
Gul Amarr
Orange County Cruisers
#576 - 2013-10-05 23:06:42 UTC

Yeah - got the message - unsubbed.
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#577 - 2013-10-05 23:07:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Money Makin Mitch
ok, so let me make sure i'm getting this straight...

CCP just said it doesn't matter that they gave out a bunch of 15bil ships, because they're going to make the ships worthless anyways? Shocked yeah, that just further reinforces the shady insider trading **** that makes this whole thing corrupt... good ole blink employees had over a month to sell their items quietly on the market, while everyone else thought it was a limited ship with ~90 runs... you guys introduced a full 30 new units, gave them all to one corp, and let them quietly unload at top dollar? and now i'm going to get stuck holding the bag because i was foolish enough to buy one thinking they were actually, you know, limited? well, thanks for ****ting all over me. i run 6 paid accounts, is that not enough income from me? maybe you can replace that income with some more plex purchases through somer Roll
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#578 - 2013-10-05 23:10:52 UTC
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
ok, so let me make sure i'm getting this straight...

CCP just said it doesn't matter that they gave out a bunch of 15bil ships, because they're going to make the ships worthless anyways? Shocked yeah, that just further reinforces the shady insider trading **** that makes this whole thing corrupt... good ole blink employees had over a month to sell their items quietly on the market, while everyone else thought it was a limited ship with ~90 runs... you guys introduced a full 30 new units, gave them all to one corp, and let them quietly unload at top dollar? and now i'm going to get stuck holding the bag because i was foolish enough to buy one thinking they were actually, you know, limited? well, thanks for shitting all over me. i run 6 paid accounts, is that not enough income from me? maybe you can replace that income with some more plex purchases through somer Roll

That is one stinky bag...

My sympathies..
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#579 - 2013-10-05 23:13:38 UTC
sally Deninard wrote:
kotaku

Thanks for the link.

I see op success

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#580 - 2013-10-05 23:14:58 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
We need a clear statement from the goon leadership that their present position on this is not one of self interest and that they will be happy if no third parties including themselves are given items that do not originate within the game mechanics. The integrity of the sandbox must be preserved at all costs.

I don't understand why this somehow revolves around us.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar