These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

something maybe to consider?

Author
FaithJr
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2013-09-20 17:45:32 UTC
me and some of my mates were talking about the test server and the constant complaining about a lack of mirror update. and we wondered this ... we wondered if it would be possible for CCP to maybe make the test server character skills, "custom"? By this we mean we can maybe right click and select our desired skill level. for example, you want to have a look like what a carrier flies like? well right click all the skills you need, and set them to what you want. this would save CCP having to update the server all the time, and let players really test things.

None of us are actually sure if this is possible, but maybe someone could let us know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ftre_ics6rc

FaithJr

Rengerel en Distel
#2 - 2013-09-20 17:53:30 UTC
It would be possible if they wanted to do it, but so far they haven't wanted to do it.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Romana Erebus
TRYHARDICUS WINMAXIMUS
#3 - 2013-09-20 20:40:37 UTC
Something to consider..........reading related thread with DEV in blue before it regarding mirror.
FaithJr
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2013-09-20 20:43:19 UTC
Romana Erebus wrote:
Something to consider..........reading related thread with DEV in blue before it regarding mirror.

it seems you havent really read and understood the entirety of this thread ...

FaithJr

Jonny Copper
The Cadre Arareb Foundation
#5 - 2013-09-21 00:38:41 UTC
The reason CCP hasnt done this I believe is because if this were in place you'd have maxxed out titan/supercarrier pilots after the first month from the mirror date. Which would ruin all sub-supercapital testing as it has right now even without that in place.
FaithJr
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2013-09-21 06:48:34 UTC
yeah this was one of the things we said also. some people would just take advantage of the system (as they always do) and set all skills to 5 ... thus not really testing ships they want to fly anytime soon

FaithJr

Oberine Noriepa
#7 - 2013-09-21 07:13:13 UTC
FaithJr wrote:
yeah this was one of the things we said also. some people would just take advantage of the system (as they always do) and set all skills to 5 ... thus not really testing ships they want to fly anytime soon

This is exactly why such functionality isn't allowed on the test server. The current functionality promotes testing in an environment that is fairly similar to Tranquility. If you want to fly shiny ships on the test server(s), just participate in mass tests. You are awarded 2,000,000 SP for each test you participate in.

Flashbang Thereal
S0utherN Comfort
#8 - 2013-09-25 11:49:36 UTC
Another problem would be to get enough people online and joining masstest. If everyone had max skills, they would not have anything personal to gain from joining the masstest.
Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-10-02 07:50:01 UTC
Romana Erebus wrote:

It appears you didn't read the blue threads.

One is about a mirror being done soon (stock style) with the usual expected time until the next one.

The other is about a faster "mirror" that isn't a mirror - it is only the hidden account details and won't bring across any skills nor ships nor isk nor fittings ... Just the account and account status info.

The OP's thread is asking after allowing people to just come here and do a lulz "I wanna fly a titan!" with zip use experience and understanding of what they use - i.e. no way in hell are you getting any kind of "testing" done vs people playing with ubah d00dz style ships & fittings backed by all 5's in all skills.

Not a good idea for actual testing.
roey Semah
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-10-02 14:28:29 UTC
Let me upgrade your point,

Limit the skills you can edit, by setting all non-combat skills to be editable, and if someone wan't any combat skills, train them or wait for masstests.

so unless everyone will try to build a POS over you to death, i see no further problems.

Rengerel en Distel
#11 - 2013-10-02 19:40:23 UTC
For every person that would set their skills to all 5 and go around for lulz, there would be some that would simply set their skills to the same as TQ. Some people oddly enough, actually do want to know how changes will effect them on TQ, and don't want to train two characters exactly the same on two servers.

Aglais
Ice-Storm
#12 - 2013-10-02 23:38:14 UTC
Right.

Because then everyone sets everything to 5 and makes a horrible mess of the test system with ultra skilled capitals, making sure no testing is done.
Razzack Chronos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-10-05 22:45:30 UTC
It might be a better idea to maybe just allow people to skip the level V training, so if they train a skill to IV, they can automatically upgrade it to level V so they at least have to do some training instead of just putting everything to V.

Either way I don't really agree too much with this idea at all, as people have already stated there are always going to be people who take advantage of this system and the mass tests give people a chunk of SP to add to skills for testing.
Rengerel en Distel
#14 - 2013-10-06 01:23:07 UTC
Razzack Chronos wrote:
It might be a better idea to maybe just allow people to skip the level V training, so if they train a skill to IV, they can automatically upgrade it to level V so they at least have to do some training instead of just putting everything to V.

Either way I don't really agree too much with this idea at all, as people have already stated there are always going to be people who take advantage of this system and the mass tests give people a chunk of SP to add to skills for testing.

Mass tests that a large portion of the population can't run. There are 2 testing systems CCP puts out there, and 8000(?) other systems people can test in without dealing with the All V Asshats.