These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Abditus Cularius
Clancularius Industries
#521 - 2013-10-05 21:53:52 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
I don't give a **** about this game anymore I'm just going to shitpost the hell out of these forums

We're anxiously awaiting what part of this will be different from your norm.

Or is mittens no longer telling you to do it and you're just volunteering? Is that the change?
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#522 - 2013-10-05 21:53:59 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

But we need you for when progodlegend is recognized for his contributions to eve online with a supercapital fleet (only some trillions worth spawned into the game) and comes to vfk

If it comes to that, ping me on jabber and I'll log in to rat in ju- with the rest of theta.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#523 - 2013-10-05 21:55:06 UTC
Abditus Cularius wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
I don't give a **** about this game anymore I'm just going to shitpost the hell out of these forums

We're anxiously awaiting what part of this will be different from your norm.

Or is mittens no longer telling you to do it and you're just volunteering? Is that the change?

He doesn't have to tell us every detail.

We can tell that posting when there's drama is fun and rewarding.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Nobani
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#524 - 2013-10-05 21:56:52 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Seriously - following CCPs logic, Anhesuer-Busch should get a nobel price for sponsoring the superbowl.

God itself should descend and give them things impossible for humanity to recreate, you mean

That would explain some Peace Prize selections.
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#525 - 2013-10-05 21:57:13 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Seriously - following CCPs logic, Anhesuer-Busch should get a nobel price for sponsoring the superbowl.

God itself should descend and give them things impossible for humanity to recreate, you mean

I stand corrected.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#526 - 2013-10-05 21:57:34 UTC
My favorite dumb pubbie myth about goons is, and always will be, that someone needs to tell us to post.
Mr. Orange
Band of Freelancers
#527 - 2013-10-05 22:00:48 UTC
X up for free Ish Scorps in this thread guys!

Straight
sally Deninard
mss industry
#528 - 2013-10-05 22:03:24 UTC
x
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#529 - 2013-10-05 22:09:31 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
My favorite dumb pubbie myth about goons is, and always will be, that someone needs to tell us to post.

Yeah. I wonder how that came about

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Kosakei Sanko
Interstellar Vacancy
Loose Affiliations
#530 - 2013-10-05 22:10:14 UTC
X

Gimme a unique T2 Khanid battleship called the Castigator and I'd be willing to forget all this happened.

fastmine
My Little Pony.
Fraternity.
#531 - 2013-10-05 22:10:28 UTC
haven;t you figured it out by now. ccp is fine to break all their rules as they deem fit. its the users who get punished for it. it's called double standards.

Sakaron Hefdover
Perkone
Caldari State
#532 - 2013-10-05 22:12:57 UTC
That isn't the spirit of eve.
Livonia Velorea
The Fiendish Pixies
#533 - 2013-10-05 22:13:25 UTC
All this comes across to me with the very same feeling I get when anything pay to win is mentioned. I know this is totally different but it gives me those same bad feelings inside regardless. If you know that the community as a whole wouldn't like something if it got out, you can be pretty sure that you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Needless to say it's all a little disappointing to read and even more disheartening. My character is 18 months old now and although I don't focus all my game time into trying to make isk, I haven't made anything like what is mentioned here. It's clear that all these great community made and run things are fantastic and mean alot to many of us. But I don't see why my interactions with other players is any less important. I have soo many fond memories of things that have happened in EVE, friendships, rivalries, long nights, emotions one shouldn't even get while playing a game. Yet not one website has had anything like the same impact on me....

20:00 - 26:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXYu5oUc0p4&feature=player_detailpage#t=1208
What would he be thinking if all this happened then? CCp should watch it and be humbled.

I pew you too! <3

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#534 - 2013-10-05 22:14:22 UTC
How normal people learn:

1) Make mistake
2) Realise mistake
3) Reason not to do it again
FIN

How CCP learns:
1) Make mistake
2) Deny mistake
3) Try to block mention of mistake
4) Realise that's not working
5) Deny the mistake ~~officially~~
6) Re-word denial because it was full of holes
7) errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
8) Realise a crowd has formed with pitch forks and burning torches
9) Promise super much not to make the mistake again
10) Above may or may not include winding back the mistake
--small amount of time goes by--
1a) Make same mistake
2a) Deny mis ...

Wait.

Wait, no that's not learning at all.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#535 - 2013-10-05 22:15:46 UTC
Do we have to wait till monday to get a CCP response?
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#536 - 2013-10-05 22:16:52 UTC
Maybe this is the final solution for getting rid of the goons?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#537 - 2013-10-05 22:18:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Large Collidable Object
Mr. Orange wrote:
X up for free Ish Scorps in this thread guys!

Straight

Probably the only way to solve this terrible mess would be to hand out a free ishukone scorpion issue to everyone, replace the original 81 with a new unique skin of some kind, change CPU and PG to 1 and give them the reprocessing value of a single trit whilst fully reimbursing anyone who bought a Somer blink one and deducting the price from the sellers wallet.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
sally Deninard
mss industry
#538 - 2013-10-05 22:18:56 UTC
kotaku

[UPDATE] An EVE Online spokesman responds that "The Ishukone Scorpion was created for exactly this sort of purpose—a promo ship for giveaways and special occasions to be used on multiple levels. It has been given out several times already (including some very analogous to this one) and will be given out again in the future for contests, awards, charity-related efforts, 'thanks' and more."

Additionally, despite this spacecraft's unique skin, it is "actually worse gameplay-wise than the regular Scorpion and refines to only 1 Tritanium—so it is little more than a hangar ornament." The reason it's in-game price is so high because of the craft's current rarity. "Yet as more are introduced I am pretty sure the market price will lower based on total supply, as we see after the first few days any ship has been added to EVE."

Community concerns over the use of the ship as a thank-you have been "carefully noted," and the game is "looking into creating a fuller program for those celebrating the amazing EVE community."

It seems CCP have confirmed this to a 3rd party site, but the community isn`t getting an answer
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#539 - 2013-10-05 22:22:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Maybe this is the final solution for getting rid of the goons?

I know you're dumb enough that the only line of reasoning you're able to parse is "Goons are in this thread, therefore I must be against them" but you're being very dumb and should probably, I dunno, try to think.

Or look at everyone else being equally vocal. Pick either.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#540 - 2013-10-05 22:23:23 UTC
sally Deninard wrote:
kotaku

[UPDATE] An EVE Online spokesman responds that "The Ishukone Scorpion was created for exactly this sort of purpose—a promo ship for giveaways and special occasions to be used on multiple levels. It has been given out several times already (including some very analogous to this one) and will be given out again in the future for contests, awards, charity-related efforts, 'thanks' and more."

Additionally, despite this spacecraft's unique skin, it is "actually worse gameplay-wise than the regular Scorpion and refines to only 1 Tritanium—so it is little more than a hangar ornament." The reason it's in-game price is so high because of the craft's current rarity. "Yet as more are introduced I am pretty sure the market price will lower based on total supply, as we see after the first few days any ship has been added to EVE."

Community concerns over the use of the ship as a thank-you have been "carefully noted," and the game is "looking into creating a fuller program for those celebrating the amazing EVE community."

It seems CCP have confirmed this to a 3rd party site, but the community isn`t getting an answer

That "spokesman" should also be fired.

The Tears Must Flow