These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#501 - 2013-10-05 21:24:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
People ask "What if SOMER uses the ISK to hurt some big nullsec entity?"
No, they don't.

Quote:
Why did you never ask if someone that got several billions on the gamescom will hurt some nullsec entity?
Because it's not relevant. What matters is that a single entity was hand-picked by a dev to receive special hand-outs in secret and without any adequate reason or reasoning.

Quote:
Noone cried till now.
Yes they did. They cried so much that CCP had to institute an internal affairs division and the CSM.
Kosakei Sanko
Interstellar Vacancy
Loose Affiliations
#502 - 2013-10-05 21:25:59 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Now this is a threadnaught.

I bet it never crossed their minds when they gave away the ships of what possibly could go wrong.

And therein lies the problem.

Gimme a unique T2 Khanid battleship called the Castigator and I'd be willing to forget all this happened.

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#503 - 2013-10-05 21:26:04 UTC
Quote:
Sorry

# TOS changes

# Sponsoring blink period

# Now just directly giving them 100's of billions worth of ships.(that they dont have to give out to the public)

-1 account. I thought this game was different. No you cant have my stuff. (BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY STUFF)

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#504 - 2013-10-05 21:27:18 UTC
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:

I bet it never crossed their minds when they gave away the ships of what possibly could go wrong.

Next time they need to double down on the whole "don't tell anyone, guys"

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#505 - 2013-10-05 21:28:22 UTC
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
Captain Tardbar wrote:

They couldn't keep it in their favored corp?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#506 - 2013-10-05 21:34:13 UTC
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
Argus Sorn wrote:

Anyway, prizes should flow from CCP to the players without directly endorsing or rewarding an in-game profit making entity in the process.

CCP has always endorsed in-game profit making entities. Everyone of us is an in-game profit making entity.
CCP has always advertised in-game profit making entities. Everyone of us is an in-game profit making entitiy.
People ask "What if SOMER uses the ISK to hurt some big nullsec entity?"
Why did you never ask if someone that got several billions on the gamescom will hurt some nullsec entity?

Noone cried till now.

Sigh. I don't think you're tall enough for this ride.
Alt Rotsuda
Doomheim
#507 - 2013-10-05 21:35:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Alt Rotsuda
Tippia wrote:
Because it's not relevant. What matters is that a single entity was hand-picked by a dev to receive special hand-outs in secret and without any adequate reason or reasoning.

No adequate reason? Its the same reason they had for every other gift they gave to a community service.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#508 - 2013-10-05 21:38:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
No adequate reason?
Yes. No adequate reason.

“Because a dev likes them” is so far from qualifying as an adequate reason that it defies description in any language known to man. Other reasons should sue for defamation for being mentioned in the same sentence.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#509 - 2013-10-05 21:39:55 UTC
Alt Rotsuda wrote:

No adequate reason? Its the same reason they had for every other gift they gave to a community service.

Are you having trouble seeing the screen?

Because you keep missing the point.
Alt Rotsuda
Doomheim
#510 - 2013-10-05 21:40:12 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
No adequate reason?
Yes. No adequate reason.

“Because a dev likes them” is so far from qualifying as an adequate reason that it defies description in any known language.

Like I said, the reason was "SOMER is a community service" not "meh, me likes them"
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#511 - 2013-10-05 21:41:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Tippia wrote:
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
No adequate reason?
Yes. No adequate reason.

“Because a dev likes them” is so far from qualifying as an adequate reason that it defies description in any language known to man. Other reasons should sue for defamation for being mentioned in the same sentence.

why not

do you make a habit of arguing with god

Kosakei Sanko
Interstellar Vacancy
Loose Affiliations
#512 - 2013-10-05 21:41:46 UTC
I keep trying to reload this thread and an error occurs. Looks like the fallout has already started! Also, barring a complete boycott of both SOMER Blink and EVE Online, these threads will have virtually no impact on the relationship between SOMER Blink and CCP. Most of them are laughing all the way to the InterStellar banK (see what I did thurrrr?) The fact that there is so much outcry over this without a hint of official response from either party is proof that CCP doesn't give a **** about the situation as long as people keep forking over their real-life money every month.

Yes, I realize I keep posting even though I know it's pointless. I only do so because I seem to have picked up a Goon follower somewhere along the way...

Gimme a unique T2 Khanid battleship called the Castigator and I'd be willing to forget all this happened.

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#513 - 2013-10-05 21:44:09 UTC
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
No adequate reason?
Yes. No adequate reason.

“Because a dev likes them” is so far from qualifying as an adequate reason that it defies description in any known language.

Like I said, the reason was "SOMER is a community service" not "meh, me likes them"

You are definitely a member of the two digit IQ club.

The Tears Must Flow

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#514 - 2013-10-05 21:45:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
You've got it the wrong way around.

If they had gotten it for being a community service, then none of this hubub would have happened since we would have known about this from the hundreds of other community services that had been rewarded before them. But that's not what has happened. Instead, a misguided dev has singled them out as worthy of reward, without any rhyme or reason. He's done so under a veil of secrecy, probably knowing what a bad idea it was. The gambling site in question knows it was a bad idea so they asked people to try to keep it hidden.

Just because the silly dev justifies his fumbling by saying it's a reward for providing a community service doesn't change the fact that they're being given it because that one dev likes them, and nothing else.

Unlike the previous somer fiasco, this was not a gift to the community, but a secret hand-out to a single entity above and beyond what they had already gotten as part of their community efforts (and picking them for that was a spectacularly bad idea as well, as we've already seen).
Alt Rotsuda
Doomheim
#515 - 2013-10-05 21:45:48 UTC
Kosakei Sanko wrote:
I keep trying to reload this thread and an error occurs. Looks like the fallout has already started! Also, barring a complete boycott of both SOMER Blink and EVE Online, these threads will have virtually no impact on the relationship between SOMER Blink and CCP. Most of them are laughing all the way to the InterStellar banK (see what I did thurrrr?) The fact that there is so much outcry over this without a hint of official response from either party is proof that CCP doesn't give a **** about the situation as long as people keep forking over their real-life money every month.

Yes, I realize I keep posting even though I know it's pointless. I only do so because I seem to have picked up a Goon follower somewhere along the way...

This is absolutely true though, if this pisses you off so much that you want it to definately change, the best way is to let your wallet talk.

The last time, after Incarna, I did the same. It is importand though, that enough people do it. This time, I will not do it.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#516 - 2013-10-05 21:45:54 UTC
Kosakei Sanko wrote:

Well, I actually renewed for three months a few hours before the TMC article hit, and since I don't give a **** about this game anymore I'm just going to shitpost the hell out of these forums for the next three months because I don't give a fuc
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#517 - 2013-10-05 21:47:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Large Collidable Object
Kuni Oichi wrote:

ToS changes: No consultation with the CSM, slipped in by stealth
Somer Blink prizes: No consultation with the CSM, not announced by CCP until a threadnaught started
Somer Blink freebies: No consultation with the CSM, recipients told to keep it secret.

Well - the secret freebies came before the prizes, chronologically.

The Prizes would have become public either way, although I get more and more convinced the responsible CCP employees actually are so stupid to believe nobody would realize that.

I haven't really commented on the TOS changes in any way because the comments CCP employees have made on them are so mind-blowingly moronic, even I as the CEO of morons. can't relate to them enough to even comment on them - guess I'll just contemplate about it whilst impersonating myself for a while.

The most annyoing fact is that CCP just didn't only T20 a single group just once, but twice in a row.

And then it's not even a community site, but a gambling site abused for RMT laundry, sponsoring some terribly gamy ingame events and some player meetings to increase their own revenue.

Seriously - following CCPs logic, Anhesuer-Busch should get a nobel price for sponsoring the superbowl.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#518 - 2013-10-05 21:48:28 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Kosakei Sanko wrote:

Well, I actually renewed for three months a few hours before the TMC article hit, and since I don't give a **** about this game anymore I'm just going to shitpost the hell out of these forums for the next three months because I don't give a fuc

But we need you for when progodlegend is recognized for his contributions to eve online with a supercapital fleet (only some trillions worth spawned into the game) and comes to vfk

Demon Azrakel
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#519 - 2013-10-05 21:50:03 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Alt Rotsuda wrote:
No adequate reason?
Yes. No adequate reason.

You are definitely a member of the two digit IQ club.

That high?
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#520 - 2013-10-05 21:50:27 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Seriously - following CCPs logic, Anhesuer-Busch should get a nobel price for sponsoring the superbowl.

God itself should descend and give them things impossible for humanity to recreate, you mean