These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

New video: Customer Support and Virtual Worlds

First post First post
Author
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2011-11-16 11:39:13 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
The film crew and I just finished another video which shows you yet more of what's happening inside CCP headquarters. This time we hear about the recently founded Customer Relations department and visit the Virtual Worlds guys who are to TQ what the gods of Mt. Olympus were to ancient Greece. We hear about service improvements, the new super-node and why downtimes are down to nothing these days!

The next video will center on the people who program EVE and some of the things they are making for Crucible.

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Dorkus Americanus
Slackjawed Idiots
#2 - 2011-11-16 11:49:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Dorkus Americanus
Going to watch it now. Blink

EDIT: Great video explaining downtimes and what they do during them.
DeLaBu
CAF Industries
#3 - 2011-11-16 11:51:44 UTC  |  Edited by: DeLaBu
The log files is a lie!

Good job on reducing DTs though...

Edit : are those stats and charts shown in the video available for dowload somewhere? Would make the Exceleers happy.
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2011-11-16 11:53:49 UTC
DeLaBu wrote:
The log files is a lie!

Edit : are those stats and charts shown in the video available for dowload somewhere? Would make the Exceleers happy.

Not at the moment at least :)

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#5 - 2011-11-16 12:00:50 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
DeLaBu wrote:
The log files is a lie!

Not at the moment at least :)

Did the FW stuff get moved off of down time yet?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-11-16 12:20:05 UTC
i like all that cool stuff lying around the office
GeeShizzle MacCloud
#7 - 2011-11-16 12:25:30 UTC
was that a hello kitty cake?
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2011-11-16 12:43:14 UTC
GeeShizzle MacCloud wrote:
was that a hello kitty cake?

It was. But we eated it.

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-11-16 13:10:25 UTC
I always notice it seems dimly lit around there... is that just for the camera or do you have a fetish for CSI-style lighting?

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Hienz Doofenshmirtz
Catskull Cartel
Grimskulls
#10 - 2011-11-16 13:35:13 UTC
I want your thousand dollar death star

www.dust514stats.com do you know?

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-11-16 13:36:02 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
eatedt

that just made my toenails roll up all the way to my private parts !

please dont ever do that again, it was very painfull
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2011-11-16 13:39:06 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
I always notice it seems dimly lit around there... is that just for the camera or do you have a fetish for CSI-style lighting?

A lot of areas are "softly" lit so to speak although the camera settings have more to say in these videos. The Game Development area we showed you is really bright for example but looked like it was the dimmest of them all. The guys in Art have the darkest area because they are really particular about the contrast on their screens or something...which is somewhat understandable given the nature of their work :).

Midge Mo'yb
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2011-11-16 13:43:25 UTC
fire walled at work, can't watch :(
Grideris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-11-16 13:49:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Grideris
I saw a Lego Death Star, Star Destroyer, the Millennium Falcon, logs showing something, More bottles of Quafe (no Starsi though, thank goodness!), someone looking at cane fittings on Battleclinic, an old Mac showing the uptime for TQ (from http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/server_status.php if I'm not mistaken), a dev PS3 that I assume someone has been playing DUST 514 on, an actual grenade (unlike CCP Guard's other one) twice (!), a bunch of mini tanks invading the top of someone's monitor, half a guitar, an image of a curious emu, a Goonswarm bee on the back of a monitor (I told you they were on the inside!), CCP Guard working out using the water cooler, someone working out using CCP Guard (wow, CCP Fallout was right, he is small!), an MX518, a story board labelled PVP Arena (I didn't know it was that hard to get your stories into the next sprint!), a guy with a picture of himself hanging behind himself on the wall and a bobble-head.

Did I miss anything?

http://www.dust514.org - the unofficial forum for everything DUST 514 http://www.dust514base.com -** the** blog site with everything else DUST 514 you need

Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2011-11-16 14:00:06 UTC
Grideris wrote:
I saw a Lego Death Star, Star Destroyer, the Millennium Falcon, logs showing something, More bottles of Quafe (no Starsi though, thank goodness!), Someone looking at cane fittings on Battleclinic, an old Mac showing the uptime for TQ (from http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/server_status.php if I'm not mistaken), a dev PS3 that I assume some has been playing DUST 514 on, an actual grenade (unlike CCP Guard's other one) twice (!), a bunch of mini tanks invading the top of someon's monitor, half a guitar, an image of a curious emu, a Goonswarm bee on the back of a monitor (I told you they were on the inside!), CCP Guard working out using the water cooler, someone working out using CCP Guard (wow, CCP Punkturis was right, he is small!), an MX518, a story board labelled PVP Arena (I didn't know it was that hard to get your stories into the next sprint!) and a bobble-head.

Did I miss anything?

What was the dev blog about? Lol

CCP Guard, you rock! And I love watching these dev blogs, and so say we all I think.
Hope you keep doing them forever..
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2011-11-16 14:29:41 UTC
Nyio wrote:
Grideris wrote:
I saw a Lego Death Star, Star Destroyer, the Millennium Falcon, logs showing something, More bottles of Quafe (no Starsi though, thank goodness!), Someone looking at cane fittings on Battleclinic, an old Mac showing the uptime for TQ (from http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/server_status.php if I'm not mistaken), a dev PS3 that I assume some has been playing DUST 514 on, an actual grenade (unlike CCP Guard's other one) twice (!), a bunch of mini tanks invading the top of someon's monitor, half a guitar, an image of a curious emu, a Goonswarm bee on the back of a monitor (I told you they were on the inside!), CCP Guard working out using the water cooler, someone working out using CCP Guard (wow, CCP Punkturis was right, he is small!), an MX518, a story board labelled PVP Arena (I didn't know it was that hard to get your stories into the next sprint!) and a bobble-head.

Did I miss anything?

What was the dev blog about? Lol

CCP Guard, you rock! And I love watching these dev blogs, and so say we all I think.
Hope you keep doing them forever..

Glad you like them :). We've talked about continuing after Crucible, although not at the same frantic pace perhaps. But we love doing these videos and we could definitely keep them coming somewhat regularly to tell you about things are happening around here.

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2011-11-16 14:31:10 UTC
Grideris wrote:
I saw a Lego Death Star, Star Destroyer, the Millennium Falcon, logs showing something, More bottles of Quafe (no Starsi though, thank goodness!), someone looking at cane fittings on Battleclinic, an old Mac showing the uptime for TQ (from http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/server_status.php if I'm not mistaken), a dev PS3 that I assume someone has been playing DUST 514 on, an actual grenade (unlike CCP Guard's other one) twice (!), a bunch of mini tanks invading the top of someone's monitor, half a guitar, an image of a curious emu, a Goonswarm bee on the back of a monitor (I told you they were on the inside!), CCP Guard working out using the water cooler, someone working out using CCP Guard (wow, CCP Punkturis was right, he is small!), an MX518, a story board labelled PVP Arena (I didn't know it was that hard to get your stories into the next sprint!) and a bobble-head.

Did I miss anything?

Guy with large picture of self on wall? Or maybe we had that picture before and just hired the guy in it because we liked it? Who knows!

Apart from that...I think you got it all...well done! Big smile

Grideris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2011-11-16 14:47:11 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Grideris wrote:
I saw a Lego Death Star, Star Destroyer, the Millennium Falcon, logs showing something, More bottles of Quafe (no Starsi though, thank goodness!), someone looking at cane fittings on Battleclinic, an old Mac showing the uptime for TQ (from http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/server_status.php if I'm not mistaken), a dev PS3 that I assume someone has been playing DUST 514 on, an actual grenade (unlike CCP Guard's other one) twice (!), a bunch of mini tanks invading the top of someone's monitor, half a guitar, an image of a curious emu, a Goonswarm bee on the back of a monitor (I told you they were on the inside!), CCP Guard working out using the water cooler, someone working out using CCP Guard (wow, CCP Punkturis was right, he is small!), an MX518, a story board labelled PVP Arena (I didn't know it was that hard to get your stories into the next sprint!) and a bobble-head.

Did I miss anything?

Guy with large picture of self on wall? Or maybe we had that picture before and just hired the guy in it because we liked it? Who knows!

I thought that one was a bit too obvious to point out, but I'll add it in since you've mentioned it.

http://www.dust514.org - the unofficial forum for everything DUST 514 http://www.dust514base.com -** the** blog site with everything else DUST 514 you need

GeeShizzle MacCloud
#19 - 2011-11-16 15:01:54 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Grideris wrote:

Did I miss anything?

is the guys with a picture of himself on the wall a hommage to a scene with Timothy Dalton from the film hot fuzz btw?

Blink

Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2011-11-16 15:45:53 UTC
For me, personally, the best moment was: "I co-founded the company."

It is so awesome to catch a glimpse of the people who had the original vision over a decade ago that is still providing us with so much enjoyment (in any number of ways!) even today.

Ofc, the rest of the vid was quite interesting, too, thanks Guard.
12Next page