These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Baggo Hammers
#461 - 2013-10-05 19:37:33 UTC
While this whole debacle is incredibly lame and naive on CCP's part, I have more important stuff to worry about. Game is starting to pander to mouth-breathers anyway.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#462 - 2013-10-05 19:39:02 UTC
Can I get a titan CCP? Or something worth 120b or so? I'll certainly be creating content with it.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#463 - 2013-10-05 19:48:57 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
(Dunno why they closed the Jita Park thread) EDIT: Lock on Jita Park thread has been removed - ISD Tyrozan

If you feel the need to hide an award you don't deserve the reward. Either Somer is trying to make CCP look as bad as they possibly can or the whole mess is simply wrong from the start.
Niraia
Starcakes
Cynosural Field Theory.
#464 - 2013-10-05 20:00:50 UTC
Periapsis Retrograde Burn wrote:
Abditus Cularius wrote:
So literally nobody is going to point out that the entire staff of SCL got these? Probably BIG and EOH too?

Please proof your claims. And if they are true, it got worse, not better.

EOH Poker has not received special items like this, nor have we been offered them.

We're all a bit disappointed with CCP, since although we aren't as popular, we've been around for twice as long as blink, and had actually agreed to help out with holding ISK for EVE Vegas' poker tournament after being asked by the organizer, Zapawork. He avoided contact with us for months after initially agreeing though, I'd guess because the CCP-endorsed sponsor was preferable, so we weren't able to help out.

We'll continue to sponsor as many player organized EVE events and competitions as we're able to, as we always have. If you're considering running one, get in touch!

<3

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#465 - 2013-10-05 20:03:45 UTC
I'm out ganking miners, training new bros in the life, creating content in game and out, every day of my Eve life. Can I get a little largess over here? Nothing fancy. That scorpion sounds nice. I could really use a large faction tower or 3; the dominion one. Feel free to send them to this account.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#466 - 2013-10-05 20:09:21 UTC
Btw… how much are a Sabre, a Malediction, and 6× T2 ammo BPOs actually worth these days?
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#467 - 2013-10-05 20:11:23 UTC
Damm, this would have been a great term to be a CSM, finally a juicy scandal!!

So I'm going on the record as saying I totally support CCP doing anything they want as it is their game! It is absolutely for them to decide to make bad decisions and alienate their player base with ridiculous favoritism to for profits suspected of RMT organizations with other space games on the horizon. In fact I applaud their bravery in doing what ever they want despite the likely negative long term destruction of player trust.

You go CCP!! In our faces we stupid subscribers!!

I mean they really don't need us anymore, what with Dust and a vampire game surely to launch in the next decade just in time to excite the 7 people that are still committed to vampire fandom! CCP, suggestion, start working on a Breaking Bad based game to launch in 10 years and maybe a Zombie game after that. Have you considered the Gilligan's Island franchise?

Wow, I mean simple wow, actually for some maybe WoW or some other way to spend their online dollars and time...

Issler
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#468 - 2013-10-05 20:11:47 UTC
Quote:
“We have a visceral reaction to the idea that anyone would make very much money helping other people. Interesting that we don't have a visceral reaction to the notion that people would make a lot of money NOT helping other people.”
- D Pallota

Try to cut through all of this and get down to the bottom truths.

1) I would like CCP to make a statement confirming or denying from their side the allegations

2) Depending on how (1) goes then I would like their view of what happened and why. Why the secrecy and why SOMER was chosen.

3) I don't know if an accounting of all the recipients of CCP largesse should be given out but above a certain isk value, probably.

4) all of the above is my opinion, not some CSM statement but one representatives thoughts

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#469 - 2013-10-05 20:11:48 UTC
STOP DEVALUING MY ******* STOCK YOU IDIOTS!
Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#470 - 2013-10-05 20:11:54 UTC
Should someone want some presents but doesnt get them and is mad enough to leave EVE because of that...your stuff would be managed well by me in the next time.

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#471 - 2013-10-05 20:15:15 UTC
Dalto Bane wrote:
This still continues to not bother me much. I do not view "Sombergate" and the T20 scandal as being one in the same. One is a third party entity that provides a gambling service to the Eve community and is being rewarded with CCP spawned items, while the other was a CCP employee who was providing his alt player alliance with CCP spawned items

And if a CCP employee had an alt in Somer - would you know it?
That's why you NEVER EVER do such bullcrap as favouring one entity ingame!
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#472 - 2013-10-05 20:15:53 UTC
Charlie Firpol wrote:
Should someone want some presents but doesnt get them and is mad enough to leave EVE because of that...your stuff would be managed well by me in the next time.

This joke isn't any less dumb than it was a decade ago. Just FYI.

But man, it sure would be great to think every tired catchphrase was new and original.
Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#473 - 2013-10-05 20:18:15 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Charlie Firpol wrote:

This joke isn't any less dumb than it was a decade ago. Just FYI.

But man, it sure would be great to think every tired catchphrase was new and original.

What makes you think I am joking? I am very concerned about the wellbeing of your stuff.

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#474 - 2013-10-05 20:18:58 UTC
Ra Jackson wrote:
Dalto Bane wrote:
This still continues to not bother me much. I do not view "Sombergate" and the T20 scandal as being one in the same. One is a third party entity that provides a gambling service to the Eve community and is being rewarded with CCP spawned items, while the other was a CCP employee who was providing his alt player alliance with CCP spawned items

Which is why IA needs to be on this, if they aren't already.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#475 - 2013-10-05 20:21:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Abdiel Kavash
Ra Jackson wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me. At least this would all make sense, more than just "here have half a trillion ISK worth of swag, but tell nobody!" The responsible could be commissared, CCP as a company could save face.
Demon Azrakel
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#476 - 2013-10-05 20:22:38 UTC
CCP is incapable of learning from their mistakes. This **** keeps happening.

And let me guess, the CSM was not informed?
Deka Ekato
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#477 - 2013-10-05 20:25:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Deka Ekato
As my thread has been locked and "All discussion of the CCP/Somer B.L.I.N.K. issue is being directed to this thread.", I'll repost my thread here :-

SomerGate - Questions.

Dear CCP,

-How does it work that a 3rd party entity can sponser a live event?
-Where is that financial support coming from?

-Was Somer actually audited by CCP to see if they are trustworthy?
-How was it done and by whom?

-Why should your customers register themselves in a 3rd party site, just to gain a chance to win Eve stuff?
-Why should unique items be spawned and be won by auction, instead of being earned?

-Why was Somer chosen in particular, and by whom?
-Why was Somer favoured over other sites?
-Why was a "for profit" gambling site chosen?
-Why wasn't a "fan site" not used?
-Why did you do this at all?

[quote] Andski wrote:
-How will you address the concern that you are effectively giving a for-profit player entity a major windfall due to increased revenue from players hoping to get these prizes?

-By the time CCP had decided to change the prizes, ( of the LV event ), were the original rare ships already given to Somer, and if they were, were they returned, ( given/taken back ), to CCP?

Edit 06/10/2013 ( well, where I'm at anyway )
-Have Somer ever been given stuff / isk simply out of CCP's goodwill?( It seems that they have most definately done so. ).
-CCP, do you want to turn Eve into "Pay To Win"?

-What about the allegations/accusations of Somer RMT?
-Does CCP have double standards?
-CCP, can we ever trust you?

-Is Somer a scam? ( IMHO, I believe it is )

These are just some of my concerns over this issue, ( it is an issue ).

CCP, please do not stay silent for too long about this. Please restore some faith back to your customers, cause you simply have messed up, again!

Why CCP, why?

No matter how much of a cash cow Somer is to CCP, this blatant favouritism is unfair and disgusting. Please CCP, stop hurting your reputation and Eve. Stop favouring Somer.
Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#478 - 2013-10-05 20:25:32 UTC
Always exceptionally nice to see CCP tell players that it's not the actions in game that matter, it's not the fighting, spying, drama and everything else that makes EVE such a great game that matters. It's the running lottery for crazy profits.
Why the hell did CFC fight the huge fountain, delve, querious and PB war when we could have just sucked up to CCP and gotten rewards that are worth more than all the moons in that space.

The whole appeal of EVE is that ones actions in game matter. That everything you have you have to fight for in game. I guess that CCP showed us just how much all that means. Not a damn thing. Of all the entities in EVE they pick a lottery to shower with mad isk. Had it been Chriba, EVEmon developers, EFT developers or even EVEUni but no, it's a damn lottery that is already making crazy isk for it's owner.

After all this I wonder what exactly is the reason for all of us to pay every month (one way or the other) and fight in game when CCP apparently feels that they can ignore all those achievements in game and shower random party with free isk. This is far worse than T20 scandal as bob was at least creating content in game instead of being a parasitic lottery with good PR and even better contacts to CCP devs.

PS: thanks CCP for negating all player accomplishments in game in such a bold way. Ballsy. I hope it bites you in the ass as you deserve!
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#479 - 2013-10-05 20:25:37 UTC
i got me obamascorpion
errybody vote for obama got an obamascorpion
Ziphis
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#480 - 2013-10-05 20:31:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ziphis
Hey,

Can I get a Megathron Federate issue i dont work for any sites i just wanna take it out and get shot at xD

He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting 'All the Gods are bastards.'  - T. Pratchett