These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#341 - 2013-10-05 16:16:33 UTC
Jita riot, anyone? :D
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#342 - 2013-10-05 16:17:34 UTC
Stupid, stupid, stupid...

CCP continues to amaze me.

Firing T20 and creating the CSM doesn't really help if you keep doing the same thing T20 did on a larger scale and as an official company policy whilst simply bypassing the CSM.

This is wrong and corrupt on so many levels...

At least BoB provided content - tons of it. Now all they got was a shoddy BPO.

Whilst having run into BoB and the content they created, I swear I haven't ever come accross any content created by Somer blink in thousands of hours playing this game for almost nine years on multiple accounts.

Somer blink is a purely self-serving organization feeding on the wide spread of gambling addicts in MMO populations.

So they sponsored events? So what? It helps increasing the population they feed upon. If that is a community service, any empoyee of a company running commercials should receive a free Ferrari from the country hosting the corporate headquarters.

You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#343 - 2013-10-05 16:18:42 UTC
let's take bets on how long it is until an isd closes the thread with some transparent excuse

i know a betting site ccp has guaranteed to be not a scam perhaps they'd be willing to run it

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#344 - 2013-10-05 16:20:53 UTC
or until navigator pops in here to tell us we could win an Ishukone Scorpion ourselves just by playing some blinks at our friendly neighborhood somer blink

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

CroisisCZ
Anoikis Exploration
#345 - 2013-10-05 16:22:07 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
let's take bets on how long it is until an isd closes the thread with some transparent excuse

EVE Online Terms of Service

1) You may not abuse, harass or threaten another player or authorized representative of CCP, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: filing support tickets with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, EVE-mails or support tickets; obstructing CCP Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a CCP Employee; or implying favoritism by a CCP Employee.

Case closed, now for the bans...
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#346 - 2013-10-05 16:23:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Money Makin Mitch
Chribba wrote:
So even Somer himself realize this is a bit shady and wouldn't be taken well when it hits the world, why else would he ask people to be quiet about it and not everyone sell at once. Nicely done there...

What separates this from a dev giving his own alliance blueprints...? I'd be very interested in hearing from CCP what made the decision to do this.

*sarcasm*But hey maybe this was discussed with CSM and they said it was a good idea...*/sarcasm*

/c

yeah, the insider trading **** is pretty lame on behalf of Somer's part, but the blame for this lies squarely on the devs

CCP spawns a bunch of 'limited' ships, gives them to one corp, and then the corp members sell them quietly before anyone else realizes that ~90 ships magically turned into ~120, reducing the value of the item

yeah, nothing shady about that, right guys? guess they couldn't predict this outcome Roll
virm pasuul
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#347 - 2013-10-05 16:26:39 UTC
What else has been given we don't know about?
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#348 - 2013-10-05 16:27:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Money Makin Mitch
virm pasuul wrote:
What else has been given we don't know about?

there was something mentioned about monocles earlier
Sirane Elrek
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#349 - 2013-10-05 16:29:09 UTC
CroisisCZ wrote:
or implying favoritism by a CCP Employee.
Case closed, now for the bans...

there's nothing implied about it
Sturmwolke
#350 - 2013-10-05 16:30:22 UTC
Tippia wrote:

At this point, I'm wondering what they'll seed the people who have been working on dotlan, battleclinic, EFT, EVEMon, Pyfa, EVEUni, Goons. I suppose Chribba should be given 7 unique ships — one for each insanely useful site he has contributed to the community.

This pretty much. There is simply a multitude of other entities (not limited to the above list), providing indispensable tools, content information and misc. contributions for the players.
They kept the EVE universe alive, some had been around for several years .... and they still continue to do so.

What of them CCP? Background scenery?
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#351 - 2013-10-05 16:32:50 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Alpheias wrote:
People return to the t20 incident like a sexually abused victim returning to the scene but no matter how much they wash and scrub, it always comes back to haunt them.
Again, no. It's CCP that keep returning to it, as if they were a TV series villain of the week. And yes, no matter how much they wash and scrub, that stain on their history won't go away…

I am actually counting on CCP for precisely that reason. Because I want whiny posters, like the goons, to gather around whatever controversy that CCP manages to cook up, like flies angrily buzzing around it like it was a pile of dung.

Sirane Elrek wrote:
Alpheias wrote:
Get over it.

It's nice that you don't care about the game. Other people do.
Bad analogy time: Imagine a game of soccer. If the ref decides one team can field 15 players and three goalies, and the other team couldn't, people would rightfully get angry at the ref.
It's the same thing here. I'm not even mad at SOMER, because to be honest if CCP asked me if I wanted some expensive stuff I probably wouldn't say no either. I'm mad at CCP for not playing their part of the impartial referee.

I don't think caring about the "state of the of game" got anything to do with CCP tossing a bunch of re-skinned scorpions to Somer. Not sure if I should laugh or offer you a hug, if you think that it does.

What if CCP did play their part as the impartial referee? After all, this leak points to something that took place in August and they could have voted on it internally. All you can really ask for is that CSM brings this up with CCP on the matter of transparency.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

SpoonRECKLESS
Beach Boys
The Minions.
#352 - 2013-10-05 16:33:10 UTC
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Facanatingablelating. I don't get it.

Blue

virm pasuul
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#353 - 2013-10-05 16:33:29 UTC
Maybe in Eve even CCP is allowed to scam?
Danaro Hekki
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#354 - 2013-10-05 16:36:11 UTC
I think ccp should just post all the rewards and why they were given.Big smile
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#355 - 2013-10-05 16:37:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Anomaly One
Quote:
**LOGICAL FALLACY INCOMING!!!**A news organisation's leader and founder belongs to a political interest group. Therefore zero information reported by said organisation can be true.**/logical fallacy**

THX FOR THE USELESS REPLY which had nothing to do with what I said of HOW this email got leaked and why
Lol
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#356 - 2013-10-05 16:43:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Eram Fidard
Anomaly One wrote:
Quote:
**LOGICAL FALLACY INCOMING!!!**A news organisation's leader and founder belongs to a political interest group. Therefore zero information reported by said organisation can be true.**/logical fallacy**

THX FOR THE USELESS REPLY which had nothing to do with what I said of HOW this email got leaked and why
Lol

Hi, let me introduce you to Occam's Razor. It's a logical tool you can use so you don't look like an illogical tool. Har Har.

When we apply it to this simple problem, we come to the (rather easily arrived-at) logical conclusion that the 'whistleblower' saw news about the somer blink scandal, and decided to send this information to a news outlet.

In order for it to adhere to your conspiracy theory we would have to assume:

1. The Mittani is involved in some conspiracy to defame somer blink

2. The article was posted at this time deliberately to avoid ccp response for a couple of days (as opposed to the logical assumption of the article being posted when it was completed)

3. Somer blink staff are also 'in on it' to whatever extent, for whatever deluded reason.

I'm sorry, your thinking is just not rational. Thank you for playing and have a nice day.

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#357 - 2013-10-05 16:44:27 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
Stupid, stupid, stupid...

CCP continues to amaze me.

Firing T20 and creating the CSM doesn't really help if you keep doing the same thing T20 did on a larger scale and as an official company policy whilst simply bypassing the CSM.

This is wrong and corrupt on so many levels...

At least BoB provided content - tons of it. Now all they got was a shoddy BPO.

Whilst having run into BoB and the content they created, I swear I haven't ever come accross any content created by Somer blink in thousands of hours playing this game for almost nine years on multiple accounts.

Somer blink is a purely self-serving organization feeding on the wide spread of gambling addicts in MMO populations.

So they sponsored events? So what? It helps increasing the population they feed upon. If that is a community service, any empoyee of a company running commercials should receive a free Ferrari from the country hosting the corporate headquarters

This, why do people ( CCP incl ) keep harping on about what Somerblink has done for content, they have done bugger all apart from marketing themselves and encouraging people on giving them a **** load of isk from out of game ways on a lottery which has always has accusations of being dodgy.

Also if CCP likes what they do for the comunity then they should give them out of game items, like fanfest tickets or those crappy models of ships not ingame items, bottom line is there a LOT of groups in eve which have doen a **** lot more to give people content that this for profit group.
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#358 - 2013-10-05 16:45:40 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Wow. As soon as I read the Mittani report, I literally closed my game because I felt sick. What a crock of ****, CCP. Seriously. What the hell is wrong with you.

Same here - this is so sickening I just unsubbed my accounts. This is not some emoragequit and I don't even want to quit, but continuing to give my money to a company making such a tremendous mass of disturbingly stupid decisions is something I can't reconcile with my conscience.

CCPs absolute inability to learn from past mistakes is shocking. There's a nice saying about those not knowing history being doomed to repeat it - now CCP don't just repeat it, they repeat it with a vengeance.

Sad, really.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#359 - 2013-10-05 16:46:57 UTC
Maybe its just me but what is the problem? Afaik the ship is vanity and has zero extra bonus over the regular scorpion. .. people who run successful community sites usually get thier accounts for free like mad ani... and people dont seem to mimd about all that... so really I think you guys need to get a grip...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#360 - 2013-10-05 16:48:39 UTC
Jita riot in progress. Around 20+ ships shooting the monument at the moment. Everyone join in!