These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#321 - 2013-10-05 15:29:36 UTC
Red Templar wrote:

I like how you keep ignoring the parts where people keep telling you, that Somer employees confirmed the story. And that you can go to their channel and ask it for yourself. Those who want to be fooled, will be fooled.

Keep it up.

There was a lot of sentiment that its CCP game, and they can do whatever they want. While that is completely true, CAN is not the same as SHOULD. Any of us technically can go outside and shoot someone in the face, but it doesn't mean we should actually do it.

Except Somer 'Employees' have not 'confirmed' the story.
Confirming the story would be providing evidence.
They (all one or two people have claimed have) have simply continued the allegations.

This is freaken EVE. How many elaborate scams do we see daily?
API verify it. If it's real and they really are wanting to expose CCP, what's the issue. It's CCP's own system which would make it even sweeter irony to use it to expose CCP favouritism if true.
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#322 - 2013-10-05 15:31:11 UTC
Again how was this email leaked, and if it is leaked why was it forwarded on 2013.10.04 when SOMER had allegedly received this mail on 2013.08.20

I don't give a **** who's right or wrong just why was this leaked 2 months later.
Kuni Oichi
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#323 - 2013-10-05 15:38:11 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

They (all one or two people have claimed have) have simply continued the allegations.

API verify it. If it's real and they really are wanting to expose CCP, what's the issue. It's CCP's own system which would make it even sweeter irony to use it to expose CCP favouritism if true.

Stop being lazy, ask them yourself as many people did today. It's been confirmed multiple times over and yes, they have confirmed it. If they confirm it to you will you need to check your own API to be sure?

You do seem to really want that API though, why are you so keen to get the identity of the person who leaked it?
Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#324 - 2013-10-05 15:38:25 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:

Quoting for reference next week. "Who could be any player behind that character now." Brilliant.

Reference away. But this is EVE. People create the most elaborate scams possible here. Yet we are expected to swallow this as automatically true. With no verification.

CCP already gave Somer billions and trillions thru the Eve Vegas Lottery. There is no use to not believe this new incident.
Plus, why do you fail to understand that scamming and lying ingame is completely different to a lying and favouring game company?
Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#325 - 2013-10-05 15:38:38 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
I don't give a **** who's right or wrong just why was this leaked 2 months later.
My purely speculative guess is that the person who leaked it saw the other discussion about the unique ship giveaways to Somer (the ones that were auctioned), found himself agreeing with the people opposed to that giveaway, consulted his conscience and leaked it.
Red Templar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#326 - 2013-10-05 15:43:31 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

So you are saying that those Somer guys who said in their own channel that this indeed happened, are actually all lying?

For what reason, i might ask? Is this some sort of elaborate scheme between them and TMC in order to tarnish CCP reputation? Tinfoil much?

[b]For Love. For Peace. For Honor.

For None of the Above.

For Pony![/b]

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#327 - 2013-10-05 15:47:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Johnny Marzetti
Want to see more SomerGate Truther posting ITT. Because lol.

edit: vv thanks!
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#328 - 2013-10-05 15:49:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Anomaly One
Rob Crowley wrote:
Anomaly One wrote:
My purely speculative guess is that the person who leaked it saw the other discussion about the unique ship giveaways to Somer (the ones that were auctioned), found himself agreeing with the people opposed to that giveaway, consulted his conscience and leaked it.

So from what i've seen is that the person that leaked would have had to be someone from SOMER to get this email in the first place and disregarding that because of this action he will lose out on all that "future" sponsorship = moar isk he decided to leak this email? and the person he chose to send it to was The Mittani and all this because he had a stroke of conscience, sounds like a bad movie

most likely either a goon spy or this is just a scam, also it is really easy to fake an email, either way entertaining thread ahead!
Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#329 - 2013-10-05 15:51:00 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Cameron Freerunner wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Dex Slim wrote:
It’s actually quite simple. Which community site does most for CCP in terms of revenue?
Battleclinic, most likely.

Reddit and Something Awful, more likely

Fair enough. I wouldn't call those community websites, though, and I got the feeling that he was talking about generating GTC sales. Since BC has their own GTC-selling store, it kind of leads by default.

Without EVEMon, EFT, and especially Dotlan, I would have left long ago. Or just take your signature link to the noob skillplan. Not to mention the out of game killboards since CCP is still not able to provide a smiliar service.
I bet those tools got new people into the game and, more importantly, kept people playing, much more that Somer will ever do. Plus of course Reddit and Something Awful that literally brought thousands of players into Eve. How can that even be compared to some GTC sales on a gambling site? Codes that would have likely been bought anyway.

But I don't even want to do such comparisons. Breaking the sandbox on this magnitude should never be an option.
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#330 - 2013-10-05 15:52:00 UTC
People crying over internet spaceships... much like loot drama in WoW.

You people don't need more internet spaceships so do yourself (and us) a huge favor. Get off the internet and go out for some much needed fresh air.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#331 - 2013-10-05 15:53:59 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
So from what i've seen is that the person that leaked would have had to be someone from SOMER to get this email in the first place and disregarding that because of this action he will lose out on all that "future" sponsorship = moar isk he decided to leak this email? and the person he chose to send it to was The Mittani and all this because he had a stroke of conscience, sounds like a bad movie

From what I've seen the source is anonymous, so nothing to lose here.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#332 - 2013-10-05 15:56:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Chribba
So even Somer himself realize this is a bit shady and wouldn't be taken well when it hits the world, why else would he ask people to be quiet about it and not everyone sell at once. Nicely done there...

What separates this from a dev giving his own alliance blueprints...? I'd be very interested in hearing from CCP what made the decision to do this.

*sarcasm*But hey maybe this was discussed with CSM and they said it was a good idea...*/sarcasm*

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#333 - 2013-10-05 15:57:23 UTC
Alpheias wrote:
People crying over internet spaceships...
No.
People crying over what seems to be a repeat of T20 in terms of devs providing favours to certain groups under the table.
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#334 - 2013-10-05 15:58:01 UTC
Ra Jackson wrote:
Anomaly One wrote:

From what I've seen the source is anonymous, so nothing to lose here.

errm if CCP didn't want this to be exposed and he exposed it anonymous or not CCP will not be making deals with SOMER again . So yes he did lose.
Dex Slim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#335 - 2013-10-05 16:01:18 UTC
Chribba wrote:
So even Somer himself realize this is a bit shady and wouldn't be taken well when it hits the world, why else would he ask people to be quiet about it and not everyone sell at once. Nicely done there...

What separates this from a dev giving his own alliance blueprints...? I'd be very interested in hearing from CCP what made the decision to do this.

/c

Realized or had been told to. Who knows?
sally Deninard
mss industry
#336 - 2013-10-05 16:01:29 UTC
Chribba wrote:

/c

If Chribba says it`s bad, then it must be bad .
Entity
X-Factor Industries
Synthetic Existence
#337 - 2013-10-05 16:06:32 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Entity wrote:
Interesting people don't even check facts before posting on a news outlet.

Autumnries Mahm is an impersonator, he has been spamming trade chat with a scam all of last two days.

RollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRollRoll

I don't get it. Once you posted this statement, why are people ignoring it?
If you are sure it is a scammer, then the failed laywer's site has just lost a ton of credibility (not that it had much with discerning readers in the 1st place).

That could be even more interesting than this original scandal, if Entity is correct.

Read the previous page of this thread. Entity is merely bad at reading names ;)

Yeah I just woke up when I posted that >_>

╦......║...╔╗.║.║.╔╗.╦║.╔╗╔╦╗╔╗

║.╔╗╔╗╔╣.╔╗╠..╠ ╠╗╠╝.║╠ ╠╝║║║╚╗

╩═╚╝║.╚╝.╚╝║..╚╝║║╚╝.╩╚╝╚╝║.║╚╝

Got Item?

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#338 - 2013-10-05 16:08:16 UTC
Wow. As soon as I read the Mittani report, I literally closed my game because I felt sick. What a crock of ****, CCP. Seriously. What the hell is wrong with you.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#339 - 2013-10-05 16:10:12 UTC
If this maneuver is meant to create hate war and scams: success

Content being added since 1997 successfully, by CCP ™

Lol

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Argus Sorn
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#340 - 2013-10-05 16:15:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Argus Sorn
Ra Jackson wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:

Quoting for reference next week. "Who could be any player behind that character now." Brilliant.

Reference away. But this is EVE. People create the most elaborate scams possible here. Yet we are expected to swallow this as automatically true. With no verification.

CCP already gave Somer billions and trillions thru the Eve Vegas Lottery. There is no use to not believe this new incident.
Plus, why do you fail to understand that scamming and lying ingame is completely different to a lying and favouring game company?

Even if CCP has never give BLINK isk, they've given them an endorsement, which itself creates a perception of impropriety.

Good, respectable, honest businesses do not engage in the transfer of items and/or endorsements of value when these things would create a perception of impropriety or favoritism. Shame on both CCP and SomerBLINK for this. Why do people continue to give Somer their isk when CCP has seen fit to supply them with isk.

Your isk is worth more. Do not give it to a player organization that benefits from CCP gifts and favoritism. They are not some not for profit, charity corp, they are a profit making entity, CCP should not have been involved with endorsing them and they never should have accepted endorsements or gifts if they care about your business.

My two cents: boycott SomerBLINK. That will send a clear message to CCP and BLINK about how players feel about these sorts of arrangements without you having to quit the game to send the same message.

In my opinion this is worse than monocles and gold ammo ever was, I hope that players send a clear message to CCP about this, because based on their reply to the CSM - they don't get it, not one bit.