These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Gallente Frigate questions.

Author
Pinky Feldman
Perkone
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-09-30 01:35:26 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:

Quote:
Eve is rock paper scissors. In this case, you have paper and they have scissors. Change your fit to become rock and they die pretty fast. Of course, if you look like a rock, scissors isn't going to want to fight you.

Believe it or not, not all fights are won before they begin. Of the ships he listed, a Comet, Tristan and an Atron should absolutely destroy a kitey Slasher if piloted right, and an Incursus stands a decent chance. Firetail is a bit harder, but I'd still bet on a Comet over a scram-kite Firetail, and if it's an arty tail an Atron could very well win as well.

Funny someone from your corp saying not all fights are won before they begin when you guys only fly shinies with tons of expensive implants, drugs, and OGB.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#22 - 2013-09-30 07:24:34 UTC
Pinky Feldman wrote:
Kahega Amielden wrote:

Quote:
Eve is rock paper scissors. In this case, you have paper and they have scissors. Change your fit to become rock and they die pretty fast. Of course, if you look like a rock, scissors isn't going to want to fight you.

Believe it or not, not all fights are won before they begin. Of the ships he listed, a Comet, Tristan and an Atron should absolutely destroy a kitey Slasher if piloted right, and an Incursus stands a decent chance. Firetail is a bit harder, but I'd still bet on a Comet over a scram-kite Firetail, and if it's an arty tail an Atron could very well win as well.

Funny someone from your corp saying not all fights are won before they begin when you guys only fly shinies with tons of expensive implants, drugs, and OGB.

Pretty sure his point still stands.

Even though i highly disapprove of the use of OGB's.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#23 - 2013-09-30 13:44:18 UTC

Quote:
Pretty sure his point still stands.

Even though i highly disapprove of the use of OGB's.

Pretty sure he's trolling, given my many walls of text against OGB in the past.
Liam Inkuras
dead.Orbit
#24 - 2013-09-30 20:49:22 UTC
I sense some tension. Please have some Quafe 0

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#25 - 2013-10-01 06:52:18 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
Alticus C Bear wrote:
ECM drones

Maximum dishonour bro. Especially in frig fights.

He should get a griffin alt and avoid such dishonor. Big smile

Koujjo Dian
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2013-10-05 13:31:15 UTC
Andre Vauban wrote:

So true. I've found in order to get anything close to a fair fight you've got to use some sleight of hand either by fitting your ship in a totally unexpected way or being somewhere unexpected. Destroyers seem a bit more balanced and maybe cruisers too, but frigates are definitely "rock, paper, scissors".
Major Killz
SLAVORUM
#27 - 2013-10-05 14:37:55 UTC
Drones and Null helped in this engagement. http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=18092570 So drones are helpful when countering ships using tracking disruptors. You could also just fly missile ships v0v or join the DARK SIDE...

[u]Ich bin ein Pirat ![/u]

Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#28 - 2013-10-07 14:06:07 UTC
Koujjo Dian wrote:
Andre Vauban wrote:

So true. I've found in order to get anything close to a fair fight you've got to use some sleight of hand either by fitting your ship in a totally unexpected way or being somewhere unexpected. Destroyers seem a bit more balanced and maybe cruisers too, but frigates are definitely "rock, paper, scissors".

I'd agree in the most part although my roaming t1 frig and t2 AF are both what I call 'catch all' fits. They can kite or brawl pretty well you just have to know how to pilot it in both situations. Only way you can do that though is dual prob + long point and web. Very few ships can do that AND have effective dps out to 20km. I use Hookbill and Hawk for it when I just don't know what ship to take for a roam.
Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#29 - 2013-10-07 14:54:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Kahega Amielden
I'm guessing most people who have issues with this fly a lot of blaster Merlin and blaster Incursus, as they are both very popular and very binary ships. They will straight up win against anything else at point blank (barring perhaps a TD slasher depending on piloting), but die if kited at all. They're also very popular ships because of how simple they are, so people will often fit their ships in terms of how they perform against a Merlin/Incursus.
Leto Thule
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2013-10-07 15:18:09 UTC
Honor? Dishonor?

This is eve.. there is no such thing as a fair fight. There is just a fight. ECM drones are a pain in the ass, but they arent any more unfair than DPS drones, or kiters are to brawlers, ect ect.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Ruby Diamand
La Forge.
Toilet Paper.
#31 - 2013-10-08 15:44:05 UTC
An ECM drone can be usefull in an incursus or not?
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.
#32 - 2013-10-23 16:21:20 UTC
what about deploying a mixed flight of DPS and ECM drones?
Liam Inkuras
dead.Orbit
#33 - 2013-10-23 19:57:45 UTC
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley wrote:

What about fitting mixed Armour and shield tank?

It's the same thing, pick 1 thing to do well, not multiple things to do poorly.

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#34 - 2013-10-24 11:45:49 UTC

You need to deploy the so called "rainbow flight" consisting of 1 hobgoblin, warrior, ecm drone, web drone and damp drone, if you want to be really cool.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Dan Carter Murray
#35 - 2013-10-25 13:18:30 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:

You need to deploy the so called "rainbow flight" consisting of 1 hobgoblin, warrior, ecm drone, web drone and damp drone, if you want to be really cool.

don't do this, drop the web drone and add neuting drone

http://mfi.re/?j7ldoco 50GB free space @ MediaFire.com

Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#36 - 2013-10-25 17:37:33 UTC
Cpt Smasher wrote:
Adiaforos Anousios wrote:
Hi guys i d like to ask some things about Gallente frigates... i usually fly Fed navy comet , incursus ,tristan and sometimes atron

My main question is : How to counter A scramble range TD ship like slasher or Firetail.. For example when i use blasters and hes out of range (scramble range) switch to Null is not a option cause i am gonna lose eve more tracking (+the TD)....if i am Rail fitted also what ?

Secondly if someone could tell me what frigate fights and even Destros i should avoid .

And the last one When should i use orbit or keep at range ( i mean Vs what guns ) For example vs autocannos do blasters have better tracking so i could orbit them ?

Thank you in advance just trying to become better..An article could help too ;P

A TD slasher will most likely be using optimal range disruption against a fed navy comet, and orbiting wide. This is what i do personally when i fly my slasher. IMO - Overheating and/or slingshots are your best bet, and use null! Slingshot

As far as orbiting, and keep at range.

Personally, i almost always orbit at just under my weapons optimal range. Usually my speed and orbit will end up just farther than my optimal, and i hit pretty well. My keep at range is usually set to 100km and used for bugging out if i get into something i cant handle. Not the best use for the button, but i like it.

Actually that's the best use for the button; I set it to keep at range 1000km.
Previous page12