These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#141 - 2013-10-05 09:36:40 UTC
If CCP gives me an Ishukone Scorp I'll gladly fraps myself trashing it.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Prince Kobol
#142 - 2013-10-05 09:37:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
Kate stark wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
I didn't start a personal crusade against SomerBlink

nor has any one else.

lmao

I will give you this, your insistence, wrong but insistence :)

Just for note..

Isn't the post made by Scooter McCabe - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=283872&find=unread directly against Somerblink?
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#143 - 2013-10-05 09:39:23 UTC
******* cunts. (<--- Wow, filter fail)

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Whim Aqayn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#144 - 2013-10-05 09:40:43 UTC
I disapprove.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#145 - 2013-10-05 09:40:58 UTC
Prince Kobol is just going through what we all went through when we first heard the news.

Denial that CCP could be so carelessly stupid.

While the rest of us quickly moved on to the later stages of coping, Prince Kobol descended into lunatic raves defending that which we all abhor. CCP's reputation is to be preserved at all costs.

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#146 - 2013-10-05 09:43:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
We all know that this is not about encouraging community initiatives or SOMER wouldn't have been the first or second entity to be choosen in the first place...

We all know that if these gifts were moraly acceptable they would be public and announced, not hidden.
Why would you reward community investment ? To encourage others to do the same. (Which is IMO stupid, no reward needed)
Hiding the reward negates the very reason of the gift, and it proves that this is not a matter of encouraging any community participation, this is just some poorly handled favoritism that Internal Affairs should look at.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Prince Kobol
#147 - 2013-10-05 09:45:14 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Prince Kobol is just going through what we all went through when we first heard the news.

While the rest of us quickly moved on to the later stages of coping, Prince Kobol descended into lunatic raves defending that which we all abhor. CCP's reputation is to be preserved at all costs.

Lmao

So in other words, I can not argue his point so I will retort to calling him names :)

You guys are so adorable, I just want to scoop you all up, wrap you all up in cotton wool and feed you jelly and ice cream :)
Kate stark
#148 - 2013-10-05 09:45:17 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

nor has any one else.

lmao

Just for note..

Isn't the post made by Scooter McCabe - https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=283872&find=unread directly against Somerblink?

no it isn't.

"But its also crack to CCP because it allows them the lazy way out of distributing ships. Its also the lighting rod for the recent outrage of the secretive EVE mails and blatant favoritism displayed by your favorite band of hapless Vikings."

this is what the poster thinks is the issue; CCP being lazy in distributing special ships. if it wasn't somerblink it would be some one else and the "who" is largely irrelevant. if it wasn't somer it'd be some other group.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Othran
Route One
#149 - 2013-10-05 09:45:30 UTC
Bloody hell if you're going to give stuff away for running an "awesome website" then give it to Wollari (dotlan). A far higher percentage of Eve players use that site.

Oh and just to join in with the general theme of the thread :

You never learn your lessons CCP. You lurch from one self-inflicted dramabomb to another like a drunk staggers between bars. Get a ******* grip on things. Straight
Kate stark
#150 - 2013-10-05 09:45:54 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Lmao

So in other words, I can not argue his point so I will retort to calling him names :)

You guys are so adorable, I just want to scoop you all up, wrap you all up in cotton wool and feed you jelly and ice cream :)

unless it's mint choc chip ice cream then i'm not really interested in your bribes.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#151 - 2013-10-05 09:46:01 UTC
Chrissakes CCP, get your **** together.

Dodixie > Hek

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#152 - 2013-10-05 09:46:10 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Lmao

He can dish it but he can't take it.

JackTheSkipper
Gallente Federation Logistics
#153 - 2013-10-05 09:46:48 UTC
Tao Dolcino wrote:
James Arget wrote:
Since apparently I'm the only CSM left awake, I'll share my personal thoughts on the matter. Keep in mind, we've yet to hear anything from CCP on this, so I'm pretty much shooting from the hip with the same knowledge you all have.

Edit: Let me tack this little gem from the original SOMER Community Spotlight in while I'm at it: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2286976#post2286976

You don't get it eh ?
WE DON'T WANT ANY FAVOURITISM !!!

^ this
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#154 - 2013-10-05 09:46:52 UTC
The thing that annoy me the most about this is that ccp decide to secretly support somerblink, if they want to support a ingame origination do it publicly!

Doing it secretly only leaves the question, who else is ccp supporting?

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Prince Kobol
#155 - 2013-10-05 09:47:04 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

nor has any one else.

lmao

Just for note..

no it isn't.

"But its also crack to CCP because it allows them the lazy way out of distributing ships. Its also the lighting rod for the recent outrage of the secretive EVE mails and blatant favoritism displayed by your favorite band of hapless Vikings."

this is what the poster thinks is the issue; CCP being lazy in distributing special ships. if it wasn't somerblink it would be some one else and the "who" is largely irrelevant. if it wasn't somer it'd be some other group.

So telling people to boycott Somerblink and that Somer Blink needs to go is not against Somerblink?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#156 - 2013-10-05 09:49:08 UTC
Altrue wrote:
We all know that this is not about encouraging community initiatives or SOMER wouldn't have been the first or second entity to be choosen in the first place...

We all know that if these gifts were moraly acceptable they would be public and announced, not hidden.
Why would you reward community investment ? To encourage others to do the same. (Which is IMO stupid, no reward needed)
Hiding the reward negates the very reason of the gift, and it proves that this is not a matter of encouraging any community participation, this is just some poorly handled favoritism that Internal Affairs should look at.

More or less sums it up.
Prince Kobol
#157 - 2013-10-05 09:49:11 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Lmao

He can dish it but he can't take it.

Hey, I'm in FinFleet.. trust me I can take it Big smile

Unlike yourself you pesky little pipsqueak :)
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#158 - 2013-10-05 09:50:04 UTC
You're not even trying anymore.

Prince Kobol
#159 - 2013-10-05 09:50:36 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
You're not even trying anymore.

That is because I don't have to Big smile
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#160 - 2013-10-05 09:51:03 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

nor has any one else.

lmao

Just for note..

no it isn't.

So telling people to boycott Somerblink and that Somer Blink needs to go is not against Somerblink?

The linked news story mentions none of these things.