These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Josef Djugashvilis
#61 - 2013-10-05 07:33:26 UTC
Surely if Somer Blink wants to be considered a legitimate player corp, they would tell CCP that they are perfectly capable of managing on their own and do not need special treatment/gifts from them.

This is not a signature.

adarma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#62 - 2013-10-05 07:45:19 UTC
"What are you guys talking about?? We cheat however we like. We are the boss"

Yours truly,
CCP
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#63 - 2013-10-05 07:45:44 UTC
CCP... Pathetic...

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Old Phill
Doomheim
#64 - 2013-10-05 07:54:57 UTC
if this ***** true god ccp must be dumb didnt they learn their lesson with the vexors and golden magnate personally i still wasnt too impressed with even the fancy new soe ships no gambling site should get free ships i dont care if its the stock versions
GIVE IT TO EVERYONE or give it to no one or make them earn it
Red Templar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2013-10-05 07:55:08 UTC
If this is supposed to be the rewards for community service, why does community is not being informed?

Give a list of all fan services you want to rewards and just give out stuff publicly. Once a month or something. To Eve-Radio, E-Uni, RVB, whatever.
Like in real life, you want to rewards some community organizations, you gather press-conference, give them gifts, make some cool photos, promote whatever you want to promote, encourage what you want to encourage in these organizations.

Apparently these ships are not supposed to be unique or limited and designed to be used as event rewards. So it should be Ok.

But in this case its not an event rewards, its some under-the-table gifting, which smells badly. Are more of these gifts going around?

There is a proper way of doing things... and there is :ccp:

[b]For Love. For Peace. For Honor.

For None of the Above.

For Pony![/b]

Red Templar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#66 - 2013-10-05 07:58:37 UTC
Old Phill wrote:
didnt they learn their lesson with the vexors and golden magnate

Looking at the date of that evemail, i think that was arranged before that story exploded. Its just that only now some hidden details are coming to light. Some things CCP failed to mention during previous scandal.

For None of the Above.

For Pony![/b]

Ogopogo Mu
O C C U P Y
#67 - 2013-10-05 08:02:47 UTC
I am sure that, like myself, many players were drawn again and again into Eve because of
GHSC assassination plot stories
Burn Jita
Hulkageddon
player-created videos
giant ponzi scheme news coverage
dynamic player-generated political content
lotteries with bad implied odds.
Josef Djugashvilis
#68 - 2013-10-05 08:05:01 UTC
This whole mess (free Ishukone Watch Scorpions) just has to be someone setting CCP up to look bad, because the alternative, that CCP has done it, is simply appalling.

I think, I hope, I am defending the integrity of CCP here.

This is not a signature.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2013-10-05 08:05:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Johnny Marzetti
Well, it's like the lottery, but it's in space. What a community service!
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#70 - 2013-10-05 08:05:48 UTC
To quote myself from the previous Somer thread:

"Jesus christ CCP, what were you thinking."

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#71 - 2013-10-05 08:06:16 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
This whole mess (free Ishukone Watch Scorpions) just has to be someone setting CCP up to look bad, because the alternative, that CCP has done it, is simply appalling.

I think, I hope, I am defending the integrity of CCP here.

Good luck...

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#72 - 2013-10-05 08:08:42 UTC
Red Templar wrote:
If this is supposed to be the rewards for community service, why does community is not being informed?

Running a highly profitable business is not 'community service', its a highly profitable business.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Prince Kobol
#73 - 2013-10-05 08:08:44 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
http://themittani.com/news/ccp-secretly-gifted-somer-blink-ishukone-scorpions

There are no words for how incredibly low you've sunk, CCP.

Little bit late aren't we?

I mean this happened months ago and it wasn't what you would a secret.

I do find this this new goonie goal of trying to destory somerblink quite funny, please continue with your rage and butthurt :)

Also, how much did kittens lose on somer that mad him so mad?
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#74 - 2013-10-05 08:11:08 UTC
CCP are you ******* high?
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#75 - 2013-10-05 08:11:23 UTC
Is this some kind of NCdot Somer Blink shill CTA? Looks like it. Who's funding your alliance these days?
Tuggboat
Oneida Inc.
#76 - 2013-10-05 08:12:31 UTC
Watching the rich cry reminds me of peering down from a truck cab into an old ladies Mercedes and watching her cuss and twist her panties back into her crack.
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#77 - 2013-10-05 08:13:27 UTC
Blink is not a community website, it's a genious way to make insane amounts of ISK

Why this needs to be rewarded with unique items is beyond me, it isn't like the Blink guys couldn't afford to buy all the special edition ships they ever wanted.

Prince Kobol
#78 - 2013-10-05 08:13:42 UTC
Tuggboat wrote:
Watching the rich cry reminds me of peering down from a truck cab into an old ladies Mercedes and watching her cuss and twist her panties back into her crack.

Careful as you will also be call a NC.Dot Alt Somerblink shrill because you know, we all are NC.Dot somerblink shrills Blink
Red Templar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2013-10-05 08:14:11 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Red Templar wrote:

Running a highly profitable business is not 'community service', its a highly profitable business.

Well apparently somer falls under "educational" part of what they want to reward. Lotteries usually teach people how to lose all their money on a gamble.
But by that reasoning, scammers and gankers should be rewarded as well. They teach players a sad truth about eve.

For None of the Above.

For Pony![/b]

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#80 - 2013-10-05 08:16:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
Roime wrote:
Blink is not a community website, it's a genious way to make insane amounts of ISK

Why this needs to be rewarded with unique items is beyond me, it isn't like the Blink guys couldn't afford to buy all the special edition ships they ever wanted.

By the way, why where they rewarded ? They are not even a true community website ! They are not participating in making non-profitable events. Every Blink mathematically gives them money.

EDIT : What worries me is the fact that this leak is probably only the tip of the iceberg. We can't be sure that something like that didn't already happen in the past.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart