These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Best combo for hordes?

Author
Syno maker
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-10-02 15:35:08 UTC
I have 2 carrier pilots (chimera + thanny) and while i have run sites with 1 carrier im a littly iffy about using 2.. that would be twice the loss if something were to happen (I been doing it for years without a loss but you die eventually)

Im more so curious if its more effective or around the same using a pirate BS on 1 char and setting the other char in carrier with RR and set to assist?

Anyone looked at the difference between using 2 carriers vs 1 BS + 1 Carrier set to assist?

Thanks

Annunaki soldier
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-10-03 07:12:29 UTC
Get two rattlesnakes with cruise. Cap chained t2 fit pith large shield. Cost less than one carrier. Do the job great

Ride hard, live with passionĀ 

Cyrus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-10-03 17:25:12 UTC
two carriers together can refit for pvp if the poo hits the fan.
Bibosikus
Air
#4 - 2013-10-05 14:06:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Bibosikus
Twin rr Domis with Gardes and Curators. 20m isk ticks each on Drone Hordes, need very little tank and stay 70km off the warpin point.
I have tried one Domi + one carrier and setting carrier's drones to assist. The domi needs a gun on it to trigger the carrier drones. Focus them on the BS and use the Domis drones on everything smaller. That works too, but with drone space fairly active atm I just use two BS.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Ulster Assasin
#5 - 2013-10-10 19:39:10 UTC
I Used a thanny and a macheriel (snipe fit) was super fast back in the day