These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Warp Speed and Acceleration

First post First post
Author
PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#61 - 2013-10-02 17:46:30 UTC
Any thoughts to a warp animation for other ships, so that people know when a ship has entered warp outside of it being non lockable? Likewise, when it comes out?

Aside from being badass, it would help provide information that otherwise is taken from simply spam clicking lock.
WInter Borne
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#62 - 2013-10-02 17:48:20 UTC
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
1st

Later

nice now all we need is in warp battles!!!!

Now if only bigger ships going into warp pulled smaller ships into their warp tunnel with them.

Adding the ability to fight in warp would do interesting things to pvp.
Guns nButter
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2013-10-02 17:52:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Guns nButter
Do warp speed rigs modify acceleration? If so, just how fast would a fast inty with t2 rigs go, say, 150km / 1 au / 5 au?

Edit: and why is my phone posting ant size text? :/
Shane Rockwell
Northern Crux LLC
#64 - 2013-10-02 17:56:15 UTC
Excellent change.
Ju0ZaS
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-10-02 17:56:45 UTC
Maybe you should use the default warp speed for BCs and make things faster from that, and make BS warping a a bit faster from the current one you're suggesting. Like 2.5. BSs are a pain to travel with as it is. Imagine is every warp takes like 20 seconds longer after this.

This way the BSs will still be a bit slower but not too much, and everything else except BCs will enjoy faster warping.

Are you going to fight me or do you expect to bore me to death with your forum pvp?

Klyith
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#66 - 2013-10-02 18:18:37 UTC
Ripard Teg wrote:
All hail my favorite things about Rubicon so far. Big smile

For paying up your bet / bribe, I recommend a good Armagnac. It's the single-malt to cognac's blended whisky, and because nobody writes raps about it the price is better too.
Forlorn Wongraven
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#67 - 2013-10-02 18:19:03 UTC
When you combine those with the new EAF and Interceptor changes this will lead to some ridicolous OP frigate superiority in nearly all combat situations.

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

Fredric Wolf
Black Sheep Down
Tactical Narcotics Team
#68 - 2013-10-02 18:33:42 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Naturally, as designed, this is another huge nerf to Incursion runners.
You guys keep finding creative ways to wreck Incursion income, don't you?

First you trash the Marauder, now you increase warp times on T2 BS's by 33% for a 50 AU move, and 46% for a T1 BS.

Assuming a 5 minute payout to payout time prior to this nerf, which is now going to be 5:22 , you have now hammered Incursion income by 7.3%.

Null sec won't be hit as hard because running null sec anoms takes longer, and the additional 22 seconds of warp time for a T1 BS will be a lower percentage of a longer site to site completion.

Wow just wow. You sir will not be missed when you quit this game.
Nikuno
Atomic Heroes
#69 - 2013-10-02 18:39:58 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
DJ FunkyBacon wrote:
These changes are incredible. Obviously this is CCP Masterplan's doing.

This has been something that has bugged me for a while about the warp code. 8 pages of math later, and we have something that I think is going to be much more fun all around.

Now all we need is line-of-sight firing and Eve will become perfect Big smile

Thank you for doing this, it's been a bugbear of mine for years and really limited the tactical value of ship choices. Utterly incredible change Big smile
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2013-10-02 18:40:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Mioelnir
Since the closing of the evegate, agility and speed at the cost of sound structural integrity has been an engineering trademark of the tribes of matar. This can be seen at the following transcript of a conversion between two Boundless Creations starship engineers.
Quote:
"What goes here?"
"Propulsion module."
"Another one?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Why not?"
"True."

Since Quantum Rise, other nations plundered our heritage and technological marvel of strapping oversized rockets onto anything and everything, closing the speed gap. All the while refusing to share advances in locking range and sensor strength.

Upon seeing these new advances in warp flight physics, many Matari engineers exclaimed "Oh, that's how we did it all along. Guess now we know why it worked in the first place." realizing their ships were 2.5% better than anyone elses in the same class.
Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#71 - 2013-10-02 19:13:38 UTC
So are you saying, that I can actually intercept in my interceptor now? Big smile

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

PVDNS77
Born In Sodom
#72 - 2013-10-02 19:14:21 UTC
why do you hate freighters so much? it's a pain in the ass to travel with them atm if you are not afk... but making them even slower... thats just cruel. :(

anyway. i like the concept.
Twisted Chick
Sebiestor Tribe
#73 - 2013-10-02 19:14:57 UTC
Great changes (\(^3^)/)

Title: She who hunts Pandas

"Remember you can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!"

~Pinkamena Diane Pie~
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#74 - 2013-10-02 19:15:58 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Naturally, as designed, this is another huge nerf to Incursion runners.
You guys keep finding creative ways to wreck Incursion income, don't you?

First you trash the Marauder, now you increase warp times on T2 BS's by 33% for a 50 AU move, and 46% for a T1 BS.

Assuming a 5 minute payout to payout time prior to this nerf, which is now going to be 5:22 , you have now hammered Incursion income by 7.3%.

Null sec won't be hit as hard because running null sec anoms takes longer, and the additional 22 seconds of warp time for a T1 BS will be a lower percentage of a longer site to site completion.

Someone's record player keeps playing the same record it seems. Everyhting must be compared to null.

To bad you don't understand how the regular bounty system works compared to the incursion bounty system. The regular system isn't base don site completion it's based on individual ship bounties. Trhe longer it take syou to get to a new site, the longer it takes to start killing.

Also, the longer warps are going to impact null anoms more, because a null anomaly is in an upgrade system most likely used by multiple people. As it is now you sometimes have to warp around to find an empty anom, this process will take longer now. in addition, the warp ins on many anomalies arne't set in stone like the (gate based) incursions, meaning sometimes you have to warp out and come back because you are to far (for a close range ship with no prop mod) or to to close (for a sniper ship or a long range ship in Blood Raider space that wants to avoid neuting).

And this (along with the interceptor buff) will REALLY affect carrier ratting, meaning more sentry carrier losses and then fewer carriers being risked in anoms. Carriers are among the few ships that can match or exceed the individual isk/hr incursion runners make in an active fleet.

The bottom line is that these changes hit null sec (that magical place NOT protected by magical space police, unlike high sec) much harder than it does incursions. Don't let this affect your paranoia and unreasonableness though.
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#75 - 2013-10-02 19:18:06 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
So are you saying, that I can actually intercept in my interceptor now? Big smile

I know, crazy isn't it? :)

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#76 - 2013-10-02 19:20:03 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
Liam Inkuras wrote:

I know, crazy isn't it? :)

To rephrase:

"So are you saying, that I can actually intercept in my interceptor now?* "

*unless you're a lowsec pirate
Berluth Luthian
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2013-10-02 19:24:29 UTC
Will agility affect warp acceleration? Will my low grade nomad implants have a higher demand?
Iris Bravemount
Golden Grinding Gears
#78 - 2013-10-02 19:26:11 UTC
Best change ever!

It would be perfect if you could shift a bigger proportion of the accel/decel part into the acceleration, so that we can get the same kind of impressive drop out of warp as in the incursion trailer (when the Revenant drops almost instantly into the picture).

But even without that, it's awesome! Thank you guys!

"I will not hesitate when the test of Faith finds me, for only the strongest conviction will open the gates of paradise. My Faith in you is absolute; my sword is Yours, My God, and Your will guides me now and for all eternity." - Paladin's Creed

Johan March
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2013-10-02 19:27:21 UTC
Very nice changes. Knocking about 2/3rds the time off ~30 AU warp distances for Interceptors and CovOps frigates will make a huge difference.
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#80 - 2013-10-02 19:37:18 UTC
Berluth Luthian wrote:
Will agility affect warp acceleration? Will my low grade nomad implants have a higher demand?

No. Agility only factors in to sub-warp mobilty. (They will help you hit the 75% alignment slightly quicker, but once the warp kicks in, you need something else like a rig)

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law