These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Make 0.5 More Dangerous

Author
Paul Panala
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-10-01 18:19:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Panala
It is silly that in a 0.4 system you expect anyone you see to shoot you, but in 0.5 player aggression is rare. Lets add some middle ground. My suggestion: make suicide attacking easier in 0.5 systems. Give players more time to do their dirty work before Concord deals its justice.

-Concord spawns slower, the equivalent time it would take a player ship to jump through a stargate and then warp to you.
-Lower DPS, should depend on aggressor's ship class, maybe they hit a Frigate with 300 DPS, but a Battleship with 1,500 (I just pulled those out of the air, don't go nuts if you don't agree with the exact numbers)
-No Concord e-war other than warp disruption
-If the fight goes too long, or you manage to pop the Concord ship, then Concord brings in the big guns and melts face.
-All jump gates and stations are still locked, you cannot escape, you will just last longer

Thoughts?

EDIT: Based on a number of the replied I think I might have used the wrong term. When I said "make suicide ganking easier" I wasn't specifically talking about attacking ships with the goal of grabbing their valuable cargo or mods. I was talking about any type of suicide attack, even if the goal was just to get a kill. I edited the OP above.

EDIT 2: I am reconsidering making any changes to 0.6 systems. I think doing this in 0.5 only is more fair. 0.5 would become a hybrid between low and high, where some PvP can happen, but you are guaranteed to lose your ship if you agrees and fights are limited too a minute or two with no logi.
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#2 - 2013-10-01 18:24:31 UTC
Suicide ganking is already easier in 0.5 systems.

Uedama?
Paul Panala
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-10-01 18:28:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Panala
It is only every so slightly easier, Concord comes a little slower, but not much, and when they arrive they ECM you out of the fight instantly.

The fact of the matter is that suicide ganking is rare in 0.5 and 0.6 systems. It is not common.
Kasife Vynneve
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-10-01 19:22:08 UTC
Plenty of high volume transit routes that have 0.5s that are breeding grounds of the low skilled ganker ~ unable to handle a ship that might fight Back.

It happens enough that its fairly common, hardly rare at all.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#5 - 2013-10-01 19:50:05 UTC
they should totally double the concord delay, would be really appreciated. Using seven catalysts would be a lot more economical for ganking freighters :>
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#6 - 2013-10-01 20:01:40 UTC
Why don't YOU go that extra jump into a 0.4 system? Maybe afraid of....someone shooting back?

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Paul Panala
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-10-01 20:07:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Panala
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Why don't YOU go that extra jump into a 0.4 system? Maybe afraid of....someone shooting back?

I spend most of my time in low sec already. My opening point is that there should be more gray area between high and low. Kind of a medium security space if you will. If YOU don't like the idea, then feel free to stay in 0.7 and higher systems.
Paul Panala
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-10-01 20:14:20 UTC
Kasife Vynneve wrote:
Plenty of high volume transit routes that have 0.5s that are breeding grounds of the low skilled ganker ~ unable to handle a ship that might fight Back.

It happens enough that its fairly common, hardly rare at all.

I will keep going back to this point, it is rare, not common at all. Fly around in low sec, how long will it take someone to shoot at you? Not long at all. Fly around in 0.5 and 0.6 systems, how long will it take? Unless you are in a freighter with high value cargo or an officer fit mission ship, it will probably never happen. I feel like the risk should be quite a bit higher than it is now.
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-10-01 20:52:22 UTC
Paul Panala wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:

I spend most of my time in low sec already. My opening point is that there should be more gray area between high and low. Kind of a medium security space if you will. If YOU don't like the idea, then feel free to stay in 0.7 and higher systems.

I agree with you on this point. I disagree on the implementation. We need a middle ground between "suicide ganks" and "no response at all except by stargates and stations".
We need a police force that will respond, but can be escaped. One that will bring significant forces, but one that can be escaped by jamming/killing a few scrams and warping off.

One that makes you feel like you're in GTA, fighting the cops there - you can't win, but you can hold them off a while, and you can escape.

I'd be willing to make concessions on 0.5 systems, if you make concessions on 0.4 systems.

How about, in 0.4 systems, there is no Concord (as it currently is), but there are faction police.
Commit an act of aggression in a sub cap ship, and per every aggressing ship that spawns, the following navy flotilla spawns:
2 Navy Battleships (one of each type for that races empire, ), 1 navy BCs, 2 navy cruisers, 2 T1 logistics ships (like an exequor or osprey) 2 navy frigates (Firetail/Comet/Slicer...), 1 T1 ewar frigate, and 2 scram+web fit T1 tackle frigates (Atron/slasher/executioner/condor) - it would be completely possible to break tackle and warp off though (you could evade them, unlike concord). The T1 logis would rep the player, or the navy ships, whichever one has player aggro.
Reps would be shield or armor according to the empire space that its in.

Some patrols of this size in belts occasionally, attacking them spawns more navy ships, otherwise they do not aggress any players unless those players recently aggressed. - nothing of value, not even tags, drop

In 0.3 systems, an act of aggression, per player spawns:
1 Navy Battleships, 2 navy cruisers, 2 navy frigates, and 2 web only fit T1 tackle frigates
No patrols in belts

Each ship has with stats as if a very low skill* capsuleer was flying the hulls with a meta 4 fit - not the stats you see on mission NPCs.
*ignores prereqs, so they could fit large guns without gunnery V, I'd say drones V is the only skill they'd have to V

0.2/0.1 -> gate and station guns - nothing more, 0.2 has more powerful guns than 0.1

In 0.4 systems, if a capital ship aggresses, then the empire bring in their own capital flotilla.
A player with a carrier or dread aggresses... 3 racial dreads and 3 racial carriers arrive... sub caps assist... then per each one, the previous described flotillas arrive..... (and maybe an additional 1 titan and 1 supercarrier spawn in this flotilla if a supercapital aggresses, or maybe the navy turns tail and runs if a super shows up)

In 0.3 systems, if a capital ship aggresses, the navy turns tail and runs.

Or maybe, take that scheme and shift it from "0.4 and 0.3" to "0.5 and 0.4"
Shen Liu
Seventh Cross
#10 - 2013-10-01 21:01:34 UTC
Making suicide ganking any easier would have a funny result.

Its already easy enough to plex your account with suicide ganking... make it any easier and you wont need to grind npc's lol
Silent Rambo
Orion Positronics
#11 - 2013-10-01 21:06:04 UTC
Yeah there should be more middle ground! Why isn't concord in low-sec at all! There should be concord in low-sec, with a larger delay then in high sec! I want to be on the bad idea band wagon too!

You really think someone would do that? Just log into EvE and tell lies?

suid0
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2013-10-01 21:13:13 UTC
Silent Rambo wrote:
Yeah there should be more middle ground! Why isn't concord in low-sec at all! There should be concord in low-sec, with a larger delay then in high sec! I want to be on the bad idea band wagon too!

lol.. well played

the entire enemy support fleet is dead except for one interdictor a titan could easily finish off with drones  - Commander Ted

Mohadib Flagrante
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-10-01 21:34:52 UTC
Verity Sovereign wrote:
Paul Panala wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:

I agree with you on this point. I disagree on the implementation. We need a middle ground between "suicide ganks" and "no response at all except by stargates and stations".
We need a police force that will respond, but can be escaped. One that will bring significant forces, but one that can be escaped by jamming/killing a few scrams and warping off.

One that makes you feel like you're in GTA, fighting the cops there - you can't win, but you can hold them off a while, and you can escape.

I'd be willing to make concessions on 0.5 systems, if you make concessions on 0.4 systems.

How about, in 0.4 systems, there is no Concord (as it currently is), but there are faction police.
Commit an act of aggression in a sub cap ship, and per every aggressing ship that spawns, the following navy flotilla spawns:
2 Navy Battleships (one of each type for that races empire, ), 1 navy BCs, 2 navy cruisers, 2 T1 logistics ships (like an exequor or osprey) 2 navy frigates (Firetail/Comet/Slicer...), 1 T1 ewar frigate, and 2 scram+web fit T1 tackle frigates (Atron/slasher/executioner/condor) - it would be completely possible to break tackle and warp off though (you could evade them, unlike concord). The T1 logis would rep the player, or the navy ships, whichever one has player aggro.

Some patrols of this size in belts occasionally, attacking them spawns more navy ships, otherwise they do not aggress any players unless those players recently aggressed. - nothing of value, not even tags, drop

1 Navy Battleships, 2 navy cruisers, 2 navy frigates, and 2 web only fit T1 tackle frigates
No patrols in belts

Each ship has with stats as if a very low skill* capsuleer was flying the hulls with a meta 4 fit - not the stats you see on mission NPCs.
*ignores prereqs, so they could fit large guns without gunnery V, I'd say drones V is the only skill they'd have to V

0.2/0.1 -> gate and station guns - nothing more, 0.2 has more powerful guns than 0.1

In 0.4 systems, if a capital ship aggresses, then the empire bring in their own capital flotilla.
A player with a carrier or dread aggresses... 3 racial dreads and 3 racial carriers arrive... sub caps assist... then per each one, the previous described flotillas arrive..... (and maybe an additional 1 titan and 1 supercarrier spawn in this flotilla if a supercapital aggresses, or maybe the navy turns tail and runs if a super shows up)

Uuuh.

No.

In fact.

**** NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Thanks, but we LIKE being able to PvP in lowsec.
Paul Panala
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-10-01 21:36:11 UTC
Shen Liu wrote:
Making suicide ganking any easier would have a funny result.

Its already easy enough to plex your account with suicide ganking... make it any easier and you wont need to grind npc's lol

No, that would not happen. People who make money suicide ganking don't create weath within the game, they move it from one player to another. Grinding NPCs (amount other things) does create wealth. In any economic system, there always needs to be wealth generation. Suicide ganking and other forms of wealth redistribution will never replace wealth generation.
Sigras
Conglomo
#15 - 2013-10-01 21:40:42 UTC
the argument could be made that 0.4 to 0.1 space is too dangerous because 0.4 space is far closer to 0.0 space than it is to 0.5 space.

The problem is that at some point it still becomes one of two choices:

#1 concord is going to kill you and escaping them is an exploit
#2 concord isnt going to guarantee the kill against an aggressor and people will figure you exactly how to kill you and get away with it.
Paul Panala
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-10-01 21:41:29 UTC
Verity Sovereign wrote:
Paul Panala wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:

No patrols in belts

Sorry, but no. There is already a difference in the DPS of gate guns in low sec, depending on the security. You sound like someone who never goes to low, so I'll let you in on a little secrete. Gate guns DO work, they deter a lot more attacks than you might realize. There is a real difference already between 0.1 and 0.4. However, there very little difference between 0.5 and 1.0. The lower sec parts of high sec space should be less safe, a lot less safe.
Paul Panala
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-10-01 21:45:19 UTC
Sigras wrote:
the argument could be made that 0.4 to 0.1 space is too dangerous because 0.4 space is far closer to 0.0 space than it is to 0.5 space.

The problem is that at some point it still becomes one of two choices:

#1 concord is going to kill you and escaping them is an exploit
#2 concord isnt going to guarantee the kill against an aggressor and people will figure you exactly how to kill you and get away with it.

You COULD say that, but it would be wrong. There is a HUGE difference between how safe it is to travel in 0.4 space and 0.0. It is night and day. High sec is pretty much all high sec, unless you are in something like a freighter.

My suggestion would allow my attacks to happen in 0.5 and 0.6 systems, and evading Concord would still not be an option. I think the idea that attacking someone in high sec will cost you your ship is a good idea...for high sec. However, I think the lower parts of high, you should be able to get a lot more mileage out of your ship before it is lost.
Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-10-01 21:50:46 UTC
Paul Panala wrote:
It is only every so slightly easier, Concord comes a little slower, but not much, and when they arrive they ECM you out of the fight instantly.

The fact of the matter is that suicide ganking is rare in 0.5 and 0.6 systems. It is not common.

In a .5 system a talos can get off two volleys before concord.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#19 - 2013-10-02 00:12:35 UTC
Um y? If you just want to kill ships that don't put up a fight, go do some missions.

Honestly, this idea is similar to something like "man we should be able to steal from hangers for isk"...Roll
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#20 - 2013-10-02 00:32:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
Posting in a nerf highsec thread.

I'll let you have more time to gank in 0.5 if you allow faction police in 0.4.

Oh, sorry, you don't want your turf being nerfed? Hmm.

Katrina Oniseki

123Next pageLast page