These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Warband Mod Prophesy of Pendor Banners

Author
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#1 - 2013-10-01 17:57:57 UTC
Hi guys, I just decided to share with you some of the banners I created for the Prophesy of Pendor mod, which is the best warband mod ever for me.

I talked to the mod creator and manager and he liked them too, he will include them in the next release.

I just grabbed paint.net and a lot of rights free heraldry images and other free to use stock photos and decided to create some more colorful banners for the game, so let me link you my original thread in the Pendor forums

Some simple work, but very happy with how the community there received them, if you play the mod too, check out my new banners, you might like them too Big smile

Original Thread in the Taleworlds Forums

Its a longish thread where I show the color palette assigned to heraldry armors, how to convert them using a special code created by another warband user called Yellowmosquito and how to create full flag banners in the game PLUS my new reimagined banners.

Cheers!

o/

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#2 - 2013-10-01 18:12:03 UTC
Nice! I didn't know about the Prophecy of Pendor mod, I'll give it a try. I tried the Brytenwalda mod, but gave up. It's nicely grim, and has a great Dark Ages British Isles feel, but it's just too hard. You start out very poor and barely equipped, and there are lots and lots of bandits around.

Ever try the Peloponnesian War mod? I like that era, so I'm wondering if the mod is any good.
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#3 - 2013-10-01 20:14:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Brujo Loco
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Nice! I didn't know about the Prophecy of Pendor mod, I'll give it a try. I tried the Brytenwalda mod, but gave up. It's nicely grim, and has a great Dark Ages British Isles feel, but it's just too hard. You start out very poor and barely equipped, and there are lots and lots of bandits around.

Ever try the Peloponnesian War mod? I like that era, so I'm wondering if the mod is any good.

Yep, have tried several, and I also disliked Brytenwalda a bit, it´s a very accurate portrayal of the times, but not my cup of tea.

And don´t worry, it´s propheSy of Pendor, not Prophecy, at first I thought it was a misspelling of the modders, but nope, name is correct, you Prophesy of Pendor when you play XD

Here

Diff. between Prophecy and Prophesy

The best mods so far for me are Pendor and AD 1257 mostly for the feel, but 1257 is still in development, whereas PoP is more like a polished mod that keeps adding amazing stuff.

In PoP you can join Knighthood Orders and even create your own from scratch and you train your custom order members and kit them with all available gear in game, some of it you have to unlock too and can send your companions to train them!

There´s a mix of Magic and Fantasy on the game that is well done and the cultures are well thought out.

It´s also a hard mode, aimed at vets , and is fun to see people bashing their heads saying the mod blows because they get pwned by bandits (some units in game are level 60 and others have over 100+strength or hundreds of hp, mostly demons) , you can fight hordes of undead and demonic hosts, plus roving bands of adventurers (with very good gear that they use against you) plus many other things. No other mod I have played has that, since they just feel a permutation of the Floris Mod over and over , but that´s me, I really like playing against harder/tougher mobs that actually require battlefield tactics to defeat, fact is, if you go headlong into the fray to smash your horse in a throng of soldiers like in Native for example, you gonna get pwned bad if you don´t know what you are doing.

Anyway glad you found out about and I welcome you to give it a try. It´s a tough experience, but once you over level 20 things start to settle down, and if you join an order or create your own there are several surprises in store for you (mini spoiler, you can even manage to make your order get their own stronghold in game that sends patrols to spots you designate to keep trash bandits and small spawns in check)

Also when you find the Noldor and meet them in battle for the first time you will learn to fear the pointy elves and their deadly arrows, so many good NPC´s in the game, and the background lore is very good ... ahhh I´m just a PoP fanboi lol Big smile

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco