These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#341 - 2013-10-01 08:52:39 UTC
Suggestion : instead of having the new SoE ship bps available for LP in SoE store, have them drop from plexes 4/10 and higher
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#342 - 2013-10-01 10:10:22 UTC
Agamemna Sheridan wrote:
Vald Tegor wrote:
Rengerel en Distel wrote:

I'd guess he meant no concord taking out the npc custom offices, but normal wardecs would be necessary to take out POCOs.

That sounds far more plausible

I dont think a wardec will be nessissary to kill player POCO. Else it would be impossible to take out POCOs of players that are in NPC corps.

The only option is that POCOs will be killable without any wardec.

As they said, they want more ways for people to mess with eachother.

Thats also the reason why null sec corps will not get into high sec POCOs mutch. It would take far to mutch efford for them to defend them all.

Epsacially if you can slap one of those new siffion units on to a POCO to steal stuff :-)

no, pretty sure that only player corp would be able to set up high sec pocos.

then, a wardec is required to kill and replace them.

the thing is that it's just more passive income handed free to big organisations, who will just blap them all and end up taking all the isks, driving prices up etc......

and almost no one would wardec them so......yeah, no such a great idea after all.........
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#343 - 2013-10-01 11:12:31 UTC
Scorpionstrike wrote:
Thank-you ! at last a Tier one cloaking cruiser ! and it has exploration and drones i have been waiting for this for ages ! at last !

While waiting for ages you could have trained the T2 ones :P

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

George Wizardry
Asian P0RN
#344 - 2013-10-01 11:24:22 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
George Wizardry wrote:
This sounds like Eve is heading more towards pure PvP and away from PvE.

Going head to head for custom's office's etc.....

NOT INTERESTED!

Eve is a PVP GAME, with PVE as a secondary facet to fuel the money .

If you are not interested in PVP this is wrong game. You do not need ot be most of time in pvp but you must accept that it will happen to you and you should try to make it happens to others.

EVE launcher says: "EVE ONLINE: ODYSSEY. START YOUR JOURNEY'

EVE is a journey and everything is SECONDARY. Why should PvP be made the primary reason for what is otherwise a fantastic game?

I know PvP will happen in low and null sec but why destroy high sec for the people who have no interest in the PvP side of things?

Within the EVE universe I have no interest or desire to kill other players, real life is a different story......

Agamemna Sheridan
Wombo United
#345 - 2013-10-01 12:13:43 UTC
seth Hendar wrote:

the thing is that it's just more passive income handed free to big organisations, who will just blap them all and end up taking all the isks, driving prices up etc......

and almost no one would wardec them so......yeah, no such a great idea after all.........

Hm. How many major power blocks are there ? Each of them would have to hold hundrets of POCOs to control the market. They cant possibly defend them all.

So the main problem is that you cant wardec a super corp over a couple of POCOS because the cost to wardec them are not in line with the gain of the POCOs. Espaccialy for small corps. Right ?

So they need to ad a mechanic to challange corps over a POCO for a fixed amount of money per POCO.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#346 - 2013-10-01 12:29:51 UTC
Agamemna Sheridan wrote:
seth Hendar wrote:

Hm. How many major power blocks are there ? Each of them would have to hold hundrets of POCOs to control the market. They cant possibly defend them all.

So the main problem is that you cant wardec a super corp over a couple of POCOS because the cost to wardec them are not in line with the gain of the POCOs. Espaccialy for small corps. Right ?

So they need to ad a mechanic to challange corps over a POCO for a fixed amount of money per POCO.

You realize there are entities in high sec that have all those powerblocs permanently war decced ?

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Agamemna Sheridan
Wombo United
#347 - 2013-10-01 12:49:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Agamemna Sheridan
Kagura Nikon wrote:
You realize there are entities in high sec that have all those powerblocs permanently war decced ?

Well im farely new so I dont know what those "entities" are. If they do I'm sure it will be affordable / profitable for them.

All I wanted to say is that it sounds a little drastic to declare war on a major power block just over some POCOs. A war might evolve out of sutch a conflict. But I think it should not be required to change poco owership.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#348 - 2013-10-01 13:18:11 UTC
If just killing power block ships is lucrative, imagine when you can kill their extra haulers that come get the POCO stuff?

Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#349 - 2013-10-01 15:29:52 UTC
It would be very fun if the new warp acceleration/deceleration algorithm depended both on align time and warp speed. Thus, we would have many ways to boost our travel times and take advantage of implants like WS-6XX.

It would be also fun to have the max warp distance algorithm change too, so that it better reflects other aspects of the rebalanced warp equation.

I have no idea on how CCP plans to implement those, but I hope it gives us more options for optimizing that part of our ship. C:
Ekhss Nihilo
Dominion.
Pandemic Horde
#350 - 2013-10-01 15:59:33 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

EVE Online: Rubicon, the 20th Free Expansion for EVE Online, has been announced and will be hitting Tranquility on November 19th, 2013.

Please feel free to use this thread for discussion!

Big smile

Fascinating...

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius (AD 121-180)

Oraac Ensor
#351 - 2013-10-01 17:13:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
Jedediah Arndtz wrote:
So CCP's adding yet another Gallente pirate race (bringing them to four), while Caldari only have two, and 0.5 pirate missile boats, but 3 laser ships. Yay balance.

I evidently missed that bit - who are they?
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#352 - 2013-10-01 17:29:10 UTC
Certificates overhaul sounds good but why the heck no custom certificates for corps?

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#353 - 2013-10-01 21:15:55 UTC
Omg Omg Omg what is going on with marauders!?!?

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Orakkus
ImperiaI Federation
Goonswarm Federation
#354 - 2013-10-02 00:00:12 UTC
So far I like:

New SOE Ships
New Warping Mechanic
New Deployables
New Ship Love

Things I think are okay:
Certificates (though please leave in the "claim" button and the ability to show your certs publically or privates as an option)

Things are I am starting to not be so keen about:
High-Sec POCO being controlled by players - Simply because the War-dec mechanic going against major alliances really discourage smaller organizations from war-decc'ing, say, Goons, to see if they can kick them out of their high-sec regions.

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#355 - 2013-10-02 07:08:59 UTC
Orakkus wrote:
So far I like:

New SOE Ships
New Warping Mechanic
New Deployables
New Ship Love

Things I think are okay:
Certificates (though please leave in the "claim" button and the ability to show your certs publically or privates as an option)

High-Sec POCO being controlled by players - Simply because the War-dec mechanic going against major alliances really discourage smaller organizations from war-decc'ing, say, Goons, to see if they can kick them out of their high-sec regions.

I think the whole high sec POCO move is to incorporate Dust 514 with Eve more. Essentially you would be able to hire a Dust corp to take over a POCO. The team fighting the battle will consist of 16 players max. This gives most corporations a chance of taking over a POCO , however I would strongly suggest that Eve players should also take over POCOS via current game mechanics.

Huge alliances wont play a big role here and if they do , it wont be the obvious alliances that will dominate.
Juniper Weatherwax
Industrial Waste Removal Services
#356 - 2013-10-02 09:51:31 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

EVE Online: Rubicon, the 20th Free Expansion for EVE Online, --- snipped ---

Looking to the future, based on this expansion, will we see Player Owned Gates, where in order to travel to an adjacent solar system, one needs to be a part of the Player Owned Corporation who owns the Gate?, or more frighteningly, Player Owned Stations,

Yeah, that way, High Sec Players who love to play PvE, will be well and truly fugged. I love some elements of the new expansion, the SoE Ships for example, and some of the metric changes, but the need to force High Sec players into endless PvP scenarios, just hurts this game for so many players.

I feel, like many, that I have wasted valuable skill point training time, into letting my characters get to level 5 in Planetary Interaction. I was making Organic Mortars, but no more. I ferried them with security in the Orca to Jita, but no more as the Orca lost its built-in security. In the future, you say I will be able to continue as I can use the export station to eject the planetary Output into space for collection, but to make Organic Mortars, you need to export from one planet and IMPORT into the planet making the Organic Mortars. If I have no or limited access to a POCO, then that is not going to happen.

I used three accounts with all characters trained in order to be able to keep Organic Mortar production at near full capacity, that has changed and now I run just two accounts, so a third of my monthly payments to CCP is lost.

I wonder if other players will drop their tertiary accounts as they did when you made massive changes to Ice Mining .

Makes me wonder how many trial accounts, and full time accounts have been lost, because the players decided High Sec (often one sided) PvP was too greater cost to play this game.

Some one said Eve is a Shin Kickers game, the longer you have been in, the bigger you are , the more power you have. And that if you get New players to leave, then they win because the tears are lovely...

Sorry CCP, I feel you are letting the wrong players dictate how you run the game.

I understood it was a sandbox, and that my play style had as much weight as another's play style, but I guess that is only of you belong to a strong PvP Corporation.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#357 - 2013-10-02 10:59:08 UTC
Orakkus wrote:
So far I like:

New SOE Ships
New Warping Mechanic
New Deployables
New Ship Love

Things I think are okay:

Did you ever tried? The best way to have fun in high sec and easier way to rack kills is war deck huge 0.0 alliances. The only problem is that is rather expensive, s o you need a few members in your group to recover the investment. A large alliance has a larger pool of incompetent players (not saying all of their players are, jsut hat statistically they will ahve more of them sicne they are larger) and those are the juiciest targets for war decs.

Likely Super powers will not even BOTHER with high sec POCOs. IF they do, they will simply fight an uphill battle because they will have every single day hundreds of them put into reinforced mode. Super alliances are incredlby powerful, but they cannot be everywhere, not even close to that.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#358 - 2013-10-02 10:59:57 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
Jedediah Arndtz wrote:
So CCP's adding yet another Gallente pirate race (bringing them to four), while Caldari only have two, and 0.5 pirate missile boats, but 3 laser ships. Yay balance.

I evidently missed that bit - who are they?

Sisters of Eve. THey got bored of savign people and decided to plunder the rich and give to the poor, bcomming a new pirate faction :P

Little Princess Potter
Doomheim
#359 - 2013-10-02 11:05:55 UTC
Does anyone know if the new Siphon units are for high sec? If so how are they to be destroyed? Will it be possible to destroy one without wardec the other corp?

The direction Eve is taking is quite disturbing for sure. As a high sec care bear, I have no interest in pvp and being pushed in that direction is not that pleasing to me.

In my donut shop I offer several different varieties for customers, not just making them buy a plain donut. The reason I like Eve is because there are so many ways to play the game and there is no "right or wrong way". With CCP trying to drive us to a pvp based game it's like they are offering only one kind of donut and alienating at least half of their customers. Pretty stupid if you ask me!

And for all those players that love griefing care bears, what will you do when there are no more care bears to grief and all you have to find is real pvp? I bet the game will be less fun for you too. :)

Cheers
LPP
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#360 - 2013-10-02 11:28:18 UTC
George Wizardry wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
George Wizardry wrote:
This sounds like Eve is heading more towards pure PvP and away from PvE.

Going head to head for custom's office's etc.....

NOT INTERESTED!

Eve is a PVP GAME, with PVE as a secondary facet to fuel the money .

If you are not interested in PVP this is wrong game. You do not need ot be most of time in pvp but you must accept that it will happen to you and you should try to make it happens to others.

EVE launcher says: "EVE ONLINE: ODYSSEY. START YOUR JOURNEY'

EVE is a journey and everything is SECONDARY. Why should PvP be made the primary reason for what is otherwise a fantastic game?

I know PvP will happen in low and null sec but why destroy high sec for the people who have no interest in the PvP side of things?

Because EvE is EVERYONE vs EVERYONE.... does nto matter the marketing department. This is a PVP game anyoen that told you otherwise was LYING!