These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Attribute remap

Author
Axearm Thunk'um
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2011-11-16 00:14:35 UTC
ztarpope Audeles wrote:

Well, i simply don't like a time consuming game. When i start playing a game i want some fun from the start and this isn't possible in Eve. That's why i'll stop playing Eve. Can't suite everybody.

Have fun!!

The funny thing is when player train a character for months without playing because they just want to fly the bog ships and what not. SO they get their big bad ship that their character can pilot but that they, as a player, have no clue how to use because they didn't want to 'waste time'.

Mean while someone who has been playing for two weeks in a rifter can just dominate them because in those two weeks they have learned not to prize the ship they are flying, has learn game mechanics, knows every limitation of the ship they pilot, etc.

You have pretty much said it your self. This game is hard, you don't like hard games, and so you won't be playing. That is fine.

If there are other noobs reading this, feeling similar i give you this advise. You are not your ship. go out and lose them with great regularity. you may lose ship after ship before you pick a lesson about gate guns, but it doesn't matter, get out there and play, die, have a good time. Don't let some skill training hold you back.

There are plenty of corps that love new players, who will teach the ropes and supply you with FREE SHIPS.

Go out and have fun now.

(Flying Dangerous is recruiting, we have ship replacement programs and we want you! Contact me if you have any questions)
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#22 - 2011-11-26 19:37:14 UTC
ISK for SP = bad
AUR for SP = bad

I understand your frustration, but after awhile you play Eve in terms of years. You plan, plot, tradeoff, and decide your future. Until then, you trade off some speed for good all-around training.
Hamatitio
The Forsakened Few
We Forsakened Few
#23 - 2011-11-27 06:44:47 UTC
Reminds me of a book i read to my son.

If you give a mouse a cookie.

First people complained about training time for new players. So new players were given 3 remaps, double training time for the first 1.2 million skillpoints. Dont forget the skill queue, allowing you to go to sleep and wake up with 10 new level 2 skills... I had to set a lvl 4 or 5 before bed my first few weeks of playing.

Then people complained about learning skills, they were taken out of the game to make it easier for new players.

All we are doing is removing things that make the game the way it is. If you want to sit there and not undock until you have 20 million skillpoints, by all means go ahead. Or you can be useful and undock, learn to play the game, and train the appropriate skills as you see a need for them.

You dont need to have stupid amounts of SP to be competitive in this game. You referenced WoW, so I will do the same. If you take 40 lvl 10 characters and attack a level 85 what happens? The 40 lvl 10s die without the 85 breaking a sweat. If you get 5-10 2 week old characters in eve you can easily take down players with 50-60 million skillpoints depending on what they are flying.

TL:DR, undock, play the game, and quit whining.
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#24 - 2011-11-27 07:03:59 UTC
Hamatitio wrote:
First people complained about training time for new players. So new players were given 3 remaps, double training time for the first 1.2 million skillpoints. Dont forget the skill queue, allowing you to go to sleep and wake up with 10 new level 2 skills... I had to set a lvl 4 or 5 before bed my first few weeks of playing.
Then people complained about learning skills, they were taken out of the game to make it easier for new players.

Before the queue I had over a dozen unfinished skills that I never could time right around my schedule. That was long over due.

As for new players, as Eve is a complicated game, there is no real solution for that. Any help is appreciated.

As for learning skills, I have mixed feelings. I trained two to five, used them, and got a return on my investment. Then the rest were removed before I could get to them. Now I train more slowly, making me miss them. Now I have spare SP and I don't have to train them, making me happy. I wish they reduced them or did something else, but the vast majority of Eve is in favor of the move.
Bibosikus
Air
#25 - 2011-12-13 16:11:55 UTC
In the long list of Eve game mechanics & features that really do need attention, remapping doesn't even warrant an appearance.
It's properly weighted for new players and balanced just fine for older ones.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Anariana
Gloriphicus
#26 - 2011-12-14 03:10:33 UTC
ztarpope Audeles wrote:
Well, thank good BF3 is out so there is something to play while waiting, waiting, waiting .... for the time to go in Eve. Or at least until the paid period ends. It's all about waiting in Eve, it's a unique game in the way there is nothing fun to do the first year because you don't have skillpoints for it. Skill isn't important in Eve, only skillpoints and thus time played.

your stuff, I can haz ?
Previous page12