These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#321 - 2013-09-30 06:27:09 UTC
I suggest that, since the new SoE ships are pretty much made for plex and WH exploration and are drone based, that drones from these ships be given a sig radius decrease/speed increase per level of a related skill so as not to make them so significantly crippled toward their intended purpose.
Cartridgexxxx
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#322 - 2013-09-30 07:11:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Cartridgexxxx
rumors are that new pirate neuting drones will now also steal ammunition in large quantities, exotic dancers and the like from the target they engage in addition to their usual function. RollLol
o and also torpedoes will push hulls below BC class out of alignment
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#323 - 2013-09-30 10:40:42 UTC
Operative X10-4 wrote:
Say NO to interdiction nullifier ceptors, It's the worst idea I ever heard. Serioulsy, thats total fail.

Its a GREAT idea. That means static defenses will not keep 0.0 ratters and miners safe. There will be need of PATROLS to find these interceptors and keep them away. Patrols.. yes not HUGE fleets.

SMALL GANG WARFARE!

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Chirality Tisteloin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#324 - 2013-09-30 11:02:52 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Frankly, adding more space to a game where most of the space is empty for good reasons, looks like a tad pointless.

While CCP Seagull talks about gold at the hills, here in our hisec town the sewers clog continuously and it's becoming difficult to find a decent loaf of bread for a fair price.

And I wonder why should we care of "space colonization". Why add more nullsec? F*ck it all already. I want to walk in stations.

You don't need to add new systems. Just make the available space more usable. For example allow the colonisation of deadspace complexes as discussed here:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3672613#post3672613

This would add bread, fish and gold to all regions of space.

Cheers, Chira.

See you at my blog: http://spindensity.wordpress.com/

Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
New Eden Tech Support
#325 - 2013-09-30 11:58:21 UTC
Kra RA wrote:
Kra RA wrote:
Im super exited about automated salvage/looting hope it works good for players!

Just watched video and found out that this thing wont loot or salvage! WTF what is purpose then? Dont get idea behind it. I feel tricked.

The purpose is to speed up salvaging ops ... salvage-fit Noctis! :D
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#326 - 2013-09-30 14:03:18 UTC
Feer Truelight wrote:
I really love the reference to the historic event[1] for this expansion and the intention it implicates.

From Wikipedia:
The phrase "crossing the Rubicon" has survived to refer to any individual or group committing itself irrevocably to a risky or revolutionary course of action, similar to the modern phrase "passing the point of no return".

Let's cross the rubicon together, Capsuleers!

Well done, CCP. Well done.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubicon

from what i see, this will be the point of no return....for many capsulers.

nothing get fixed, more get broken (cause yes, they will break things.....)

the path taken since retribution is bad, very bad.

we'll see what happen, but in a few month, when it's time for me to re-sub, i doubt CCP will see my money
Tabra Penken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#327 - 2013-09-30 15:02:21 UTC
After reading 17 pages I am forced to draw one conclusion, our education system has utterly failed at teaching people how to read, write, and spell Roll

As for the expansion looks good CCP and since it is the "First step of many" I won't take the chicken little approach of the "Sky is falling" and look forward to what is to come
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#328 - 2013-09-30 15:05:49 UTC
seth Hendar wrote:

from what i see, this will be the point of no return....for many capsulers.

nothing get fixed, more get broken (cause yes, they will break things.....)

the path taken since retribution is bad, very bad.

we'll see what happen, but in a few month, when it's time for me to re-sub, i doubt CCP will see my money

Lol yes, the point of no return... when we will be starting to play Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen and never come back Twisted
Moloney
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#329 - 2013-09-30 16:25:26 UTC
Hi,

The new deployables loog good and the SOE ships look spectacular!

Can you please set the Deployable tractor beam to follow this rule?

- If a ship based Tractor Beam is activated on a wreak that is currently being pulled in by the Deployable, the Deployable should de-activate its Tractor beam on the contended wreck.
Alexander the Great
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#330 - 2013-09-30 16:55:39 UTC
So, CCP, when are you going to fix fundamental things that are obviously boring as hell like mining, PvE, production, structure grind in sov warfare?

Why are you adding weird new stuff when there are much more important issues?
Jedediah Arndtz
Jedediah Arndtz Corporation
#331 - 2013-09-30 18:18:27 UTC
So CCP's adding yet another Gallente pirate race (bringing them to four), while Caldari only have two, and 0.5 pirate missile boats, but 3 laser ships. Yay balance.

With the Gunnery tiericide, can I have the SP back I wasted on small/medium t2 guns?
Anthony Blunt
Appenzeller Kantonal Bank
#332 - 2013-09-30 18:39:32 UTC
Jedediah Arndtz wrote:

With the Gunnery tiericide, can I have the SP back I wasted on small/medium t2 guns?

Sounds OK to me.

"if you're not having fun in a sandbox, it's not the Sands fault" Jenn aSide

Vartan Sarkisian
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#333 - 2013-09-30 21:04:00 UTC
Still nothing with regards improvement to PI... sigh
scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#334 - 2013-09-30 21:29:24 UTC
Jedediah Arndtz wrote:
So CCP's adding yet another Gallente pirate race (bringing them to four), while Caldari only have two, and 0.5 pirate missile boats, but 3 laser ships. Yay balance.

It's looking like I would want a refund on the SP I put into missiles, even with a new turret it seems that I'd be better off training drones/lasers.
Of course and actual missile pirate BS would probably make me happy and/or a Tier 3 BC that can make use of the new missile launcher.
Jita BPCs
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#335 - 2013-09-30 22:02:42 UTC
The Hamilton wrote:

4 - the AFKcloak condom - go do your null and low secs fun without worry of catching a fleet of something.

Except for one minor problem - it doesn't work against covert op's cyno's. Additionally, you can now add nullified interceptor's to the list of threats for null bearing. Mining in high sec makes even more sense after this comes out.
George Wizardry
Asian P0RN
#336 - 2013-10-01 00:42:08 UTC
This sounds like Eve is heading more towards pure PvP and away from PvE.

Going head to head for custom's office's etc.....

NOT INTERESTED!

Within the EVE universe I have no interest or desire to kill other players, real life is a different story......

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#337 - 2013-10-01 01:14:32 UTC
George Wizardry wrote:
This sounds like Eve is heading more towards pure PvP and away from PvE.

Going head to head for custom's office's etc.....

NOT INTERESTED!

Eve is a PVP GAME, with PVE as a secondary facet to fuel the money .

If you are not interested in PVP this is wrong game. You do not need ot be most of time in pvp but you must accept that it will happen to you and you should try to make it happens to others.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#338 - 2013-10-01 01:17:27 UTC
Alexander the Great wrote:
So, CCP, when are you going to fix fundamental things that are obviously boring as hell like mining, PvE, production, structure grind in sov warfare?

Why are you adding weird new stuff when there are much more important issues?

Why dont you give some good ideas of how to fix it i nthe ideas forum? THigns are nto so easy to fix. THis expansion wil help fix a LOT 0.0 warfare by clearly reducing safety of a large unpopulated empire.

Wuite some of your list shoudl be checked.. but propose ideas..

I for once woudl love if those were fixed, but whenever I propose somethign a lot of people complain because they like of somethign that those borign things bring them.

Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#339 - 2013-10-01 03:01:43 UTC
I wonder if the change in warp acceleration will mean that we'll no longer experience the cool effect of warping through planets. Most of the time I experience that is during the acceleration/deceleration from warp.
Scorpionstrike
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#340 - 2013-10-01 07:44:19 UTC
Thank-you ! at last a Tier one cloaking cruiser ! and it has exploration and drones i have been waiting for this for ages ! at last !