These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Sell Orders

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

[Service] < --- Saeg's Third Party Service --- >

First post
Author
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-09-30 11:21:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Saeglotakk
Welcome to Saeg's Third Party Service.

Integrity is the key to good business and long lasting partnerships.

We’ve all read the recent stories of bogus third parties ruining deals and making life hard for those who wish to partake in the most important trades in the EVE Universe.

My goal is to restore that trust and provide an honest service to those who need it.

Currently offering 0% commision transfers, provided feedback of my service can be placed on this thread.

Why should I trust you Saeg?

NOTE: All of my third party actions are dealt with by this charcter and no others (I do not use any alts for third party purposes nor do I have any affiliates)
( http://evewho.com/pilot/Saeglotakk )

Since my first days in EVE I have only ever been an NRDS (Not Red Don’t Shoot) pilot and have spent my EVE career flying as part of the Providence Bloc. Some call it roleplay, but I like to think my in game character reflects my real life values.

The long and short of my EVE history is that I have flown with the Yulai Federation in Providence for nearly 3 years. I am currently a Director and one of three who are second in command of the alliance. The Yulai Federation has Strict Anti-Piracy Rules (Not related to sec-status, see comments below). Any attempt at piracy on my part would see me removed from the one alliance I have ever served and my flawless history within EVE tarnished. This is something I do not take lightly.

(You can read about the membership requirements of my alliance and the Providence NRDS coalition here - http://yulaifederation.net/forum/index.php?board=208.0 )

- I will happily provide API keys of my transactions \ chat logs \ screen grabs
- I can provide references, should you wish to have them.
- I am happy to discuss terms on voice comms and using both in-game and RL mail. Whatever you are most comfortable with.

Please feel free to convo/mail Saeglotakk with any questions you may have or for a quote.

Thanks for your time.

EU Timezone based.
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-09-30 12:54:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Saeglotakk
*First out-of-alliance transfer completed*

C3 wormhole transfered 16/10/2013
Arch Stanton's Neighbour
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#3 - 2013-09-30 16:14:16 UTC
Since you are anti-pirate would I be correct in assuming that anyone with a < -5 sec status or in you shoot on sight list would be considered an enemy of your alliance and therefore you'd be able to scam them?
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-09-30 17:50:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Saeglotakk
Fair question Arch, I'm glad you raised that point.

When I say anti-pirate, we do not mean pirate in the sense of sec status. We use 'pirate' to describe people engaging in pirate activity (killing non combat targets, aggressing neutrals, ganking etc) regardless of their sec status. (Pirate activity in null-sec for example, doesn't carry a sec status penalty)

To be perfectly clear. If I were to scam anyone for whatever reason, I would be undermining the work which the YF and Provibloc strive for and putting my EVE career in jeopardy.

Let me give you an example and say that there is a pilot selling an item who is red to my alliance. If I facilitate the transfer of his items to another pilot. I can be sure that the buyer is not being scammed, therefore (in a small way) helping the anti-pirate cause. On the other hand, if I was to attempt a scam on the pilot who was red to my alliance, I would be engaging in piracy and therefore breaking my alliances rules.

I hope this helps.

Saeg
lone wolfman
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-10-01 00:52:31 UTC
There is nothing in this post that tells me why you are trustworthy. Being in a n alliance does not prove anything and being unknown does not help. So why should we go to you rather than current third party.
FuzzyButt
The Lazy Crabs
#6 - 2013-10-01 08:28:09 UTC
Chribba <3
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-10-01 08:29:32 UTC
Thanks for the feedback Lone Wolfman.

Taking each of your points in turn.

If you can suggest anything which I can add to highlight my trustworthyness, I am more than willing to listen and amend my advert. I'm sure you'll agree, that telling someone you are trustworthy is just about the worst way to go about it! Smile Trust must be earned and I have to start somewhere. I hope I can reward that trust in me with an excellent tailored service, short lead times and a good price.

My alliance does not prove that my intentions are good but it does show certain chararcteristics. Breaking alliance rules which prohibit scamming etc, will result in my expulsion. Working my way through the ranks for the last 3 years is not something which I intend to throw away over night. As you have stated, I am an unknown but I do hope to build a reputation on honest business. Getting into this market is not easy for players who do not have any track record.

I know from experience that certain widely renowned third parties are sometimes difficult to tie down (They are understandably very busy!!!) and invariably quite expensive for the service which they offer. It's not quite a monopoly but I feel that the third party market could do with some competition. That is the main reason I decided to promote a service. I am certain I can provide a faster and cheaper service.

I am not here to try and make a quick buck. I see a valid opportunity to grow a business.

I welcome anymore feedback which you may have.

Saeg
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-10-01 08:41:44 UTC
FuzzyButt wrote:
Chribba <3

He's my role model! He provides a brilliant service and proves that EVE isn't full of cowboys. Exceptions to the rule exist.

Saeg
xRyokenx
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2013-10-01 09:54:28 UTC
Saeglotakk wrote:
FuzzyButt wrote:
Chribba <3

He's my role model! He provides a brilliant service and proves that EVE isn't full of cowboys. Exceptions to the rule exist.

Saeg

Would you consider giving Chribba 130B while you handle trades?
lone wolfman
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-10-01 12:30:39 UTC
xRyokenx wrote:
Saeglotakk wrote:
FuzzyButt wrote:
Chribba <3

Saeg

Would you consider giving Chribba 130B while you handle trades?

That, Give 130B for titana nd 30B for supercap while you handle the third party. if its a scam affected party gets the ISK. that will be a start.
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-10-01 13:01:47 UTC
Thanks for the comments guys,

I think that the idea of me handing a form of collateral to Chribba to the value of a titan or super would work.

The only question would be wether Chribba would actually allow me to do this, considering that I could be potentially competing with him!

I'll look into it and get back to you!

Saeg
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#12 - 2013-10-01 13:14:37 UTC
Hi,
I will not be able to assist with this for the simple reason that by me holding the collateral essentially makes me being the one securing it - while I'm not in control over the trade - and I prefer to try avoid adding steps I cannot control.

From my view, a pilot wouldn't be building Saeg's reputation this way, since after all, they know that if Saeg scams, I would pay them back - who was the buyer essentially trusting in this situation?

This is basically part of the reason why I cannot/won't vouch or take in pilots to work for me.

Sorry.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#13 - 2013-10-01 13:35:57 UTC
OK, now that the Chribba has spoken, I want to remind the OP of the bumping rules.

1 bump per calendar day.

Any post by the OP for any reason counts as a daily bump.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Tigerras
Smash Incorporated
#14 - 2013-10-01 14:35:51 UTC
Seems like everyone is starting up a third part these days.
Slave 118593
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-10-01 15:03:29 UTC
Thankyou for a smooth and well handled super carrier trade. I look forward to using this service in the future.
Princess Saskia
Hyperfleet Industries
#16 - 2013-10-01 15:07:46 UTC
I for-welcome a new third party to the buisiness.

♥ 

Tigerras
Smash Incorporated
#17 - 2013-10-01 15:22:46 UTC
Princess Saskia wrote:
I for-welcome a new third party to the buisiness.

I too would welcome legitimate third parties. I see this ending badly, either because it is a scam, or because nobody will believe that it isn't.
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2013-10-02 10:08:07 UTC
Thanks to Chribba for checking the post and having some input. I very much appreciate his comments and I understand why he would not wish to have any involvement in another third party service.

As a number of you have mentioned, trust is the key issue and how can anyone believe that I am not a scam artist?

The only way I believe I can become a trusted third party is to actually broker deals. My intention is to look for a handful of sellers who are willing to take a risk on me and in return I would not charge a fee, provided they agree to give a reference. Stating that my intentions here are honest may well be futile but I hope i can reward the trust someone might place in me.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me.

I welcome your comments and feedback.

Kind regards,

Saeg
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2013-10-03 11:54:42 UTC
Bump
Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#20 - 2013-10-03 13:20:55 UTC