These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I'm suprised...

Author
Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#1 - 2013-09-29 19:42:10 UTC
...No one has noticed this yet

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-09-29 19:52:55 UTC
This one is worse.

Dodixie > Hek

Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
The Initiative.
#3 - 2013-09-29 20:19:25 UTC

Actually I did notice it.. earlier today when I was watching a movie where they used rubicon jeeps.

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Jorden Ishonen
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-09-29 20:24:25 UTC
BREAKING: CCP uses terms for expansion that originate outside of EVE.

Investigations are ongoing for outside usage of the terms Crucible, Retribution, and Exodus.
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#5 - 2013-09-29 20:56:30 UTC  |  Edited by: I Love Boobies
Rubicon also means past the point of no return. I am sure that may be the Rubicon they were referring to. Then again, it could be named after a river in Italy too. Never know.

And yes OP, people had already noticed what you were referencing. Seen other people pointing it out the night of the announcement as well.
Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-09-29 21:02:30 UTC
I indeed think that CCP has passed the point of no return *sighs*
Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#7 - 2013-09-29 21:07:31 UTC
In 49 BCE, Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon River from the north of today's Italy - the country at the time (between modern day Switzerland and about 1,000km north of Rome) was called Cisalpine Gaul. Julius Caesar led a single legion (only 5,400 troops), the Legio XIII Gemina, into Roman-held lands on the other side of the river - an action that was considered treasonous.

Julius at the time held no political office, so it was incumbent upon him to disband this Legion after crossing the Rubicon. For reasons that I frankly don't fully understand, Pompey (the current ruler in Rome), Pompey's lawful consuls, and a large part of the Senate fled upon hearing about Julius' approach, thus deciding the civil war in favor of the new Caesar.

Upon crossing the Rubicon River, Julius Caesar uttered the words "ālea iacta est" (the die is cast). There would be no going back at this point, and if Julius' initiative had not been successful, he would have certainly paid with his life. Today, "crossing the Rubicon" refers to advancing past a point of no return, often with rebellious intent.

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Djana Libra
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-09-29 21:10:01 UTC
i'm not surprised you have no clue how to search forum posts, there has been plenty of images going round
Jim Era
#9 - 2013-09-29 22:00:49 UTC
I'm just gonna sit here quietly while Tarn thinks about what he said.

Wat™

Dalto Bane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-09-29 22:25:16 UTC
I suppose that, this is going to show favoritism toward Jeep and Chrysler car manufacturers. I am pretty sure if this publicity causes them to have substantial gains in the market, and thus possibly allow owners of such cars to receive some type of rebate on their next dealership oil change, and these owners who play Eve use that extra money to buy a plex...ERR MA GERD, CCP has got to rename it now before New Eden implodes under the weight of all the tin foil and blind rage.Smile

Drops Mic

Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-09-29 22:54:08 UTC
Amhra Rho wrote:
In 49 BCE, Julius Caesar crossed the Rubicon River from the north of today's Italy - the country at the time (between modern day Switzerland and about 1,000km north of Rome) was called Cisalpine Gaul. Julius Caesar led a single legion (only 5,400 troops), the Legio XIII Gemina, into Roman-held lands on the other side of the river - an action that was considered treasonous.

Julius at the time held no political office, so it was incumbent upon him to disband this Legion after crossing the Rubicon. For reasons that I frankly don't fully understand, Pompey (the current ruler in Rome), Pompey's lawful consuls, and a large part of the Senate fled upon hearing about Julius' approach, thus deciding the civil war in favor of the new Caesar.

Upon crossing the Rubicon River, Julius Caesar uttered the words "ālea iacta est" (the die is cast). There would be no going back at this point, and if Julius' initiative had not been successful, he would have certainly paid with his life. Today, "crossing the Rubicon" refers to advancing past a point of no return, often with rebellious intent.
Here's a TL;DR:

In Back To The Future III the doc marked a spot along the railroad called "Point Of No Return"
because it was the spot where, even if they tried slowing down,
they wouldn't have stopped before the end of the railroad.

That spot is the Rubicon.

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-09-30 02:03:34 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
Amhra Rho wrote:

Here's a TL;DR:

In Back To The Future III the doc marked a spot along the railroad called "Point Of No Return"
because it was the spot where, even if they tried slowing down,
they wouldn't have stopped before the end of the railroad.

That spot is the Rubicon.

Timetravel modules officially anounced for winter expansion!

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.