These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rogue Drone Ratting Tank

Author
Spectre Vorondill
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-09-28 05:26:41 UTC
I've been doing a lot of reseach so that I can fit up a Raven Navy Issue for doing Rogue Drone Hordes. I'm sure the ship can handle it, but I have no idea how much tank I should have. I'm not so interested in fitting advice as I am curious of what kind of incoming DPS I should expect. Since my RNI won't be speed tanking and I won't be much more than 80k away in the best of situations, I can simply use EFT to ensure the DPS tanked fits with what Hordes require. If you're not sure what incoming DPS is like, perhaps you could share what kind of tank works well enough for you with a ship that's not getting much from speed or range tanking. I appreciate any input, and look forward to reading your responses.
Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#2 - 2013-09-28 06:58:49 UTC
400-500 is generally enough for L4's.

Armor does better than shields with the same EFT numbers due to it being repaired at that number all the way through the armor bar instead of using a peak recharge number.

Major factor is your damage. The more you can damage the less dps will be incomming
Spectre Vorondill
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-09-28 07:16:16 UTC
Is the damage of Horde anomalies the same as L4 missions, then? I'm not missioning, I'm merely ratting in null anomalies. Also, my DPS for the fit I'm working on is just over 600. Not incredibly high, but hopefully enough. Thanks for the reply. =D
Sister Monica
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-09-28 14:45:50 UTC
If you handle the spawns right and font get too many waves 400-600 tank is fine when they are all shooting at you. If you get the wrong triggers it can hit 800+.

I would recommend warping at range and fitting an afterburner, or a better plan would be a micro jump to keep the range you want on the rats. For the 600 dps you can do hordes in that but you prob would be better running herds and clearing them out faster. 2 BS for a hoard makes it easier to run and lets you have less tank.

My recommendations would be to fit for dps and run the herds or to get a buddy and keep range on them. The only BS I have seen solo the hoards have been Rattlesnakes and Matriarchals and the latter do it from 200 KM.

Hope this helps.
Spectre Vorondill
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-09-28 15:39:13 UTC
Great informatoin there, Sister Monica. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Alt Of Halcyon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-09-30 03:41:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Alt Of Halcyon
For Drone Hordes you don't need much tank as most of stuff dies before it gets to you. Warp to 100 and sit perfectly still. This is the fit I use.

[Raven Navy Issue, PVE]

Signal Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II

Explosive Deflection Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Cap Recharger II
Large Shield Booster II
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Cruise Missile

Large Warhead Flare Catalyst I
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#7 - 2013-09-30 22:28:18 UTC
Don't run herds, you will scratch you're own eyes out they are that ****.

Vanilla raven can solo horde's so a CNR should be good enough, most bs's can solo them after a bit of practice.