These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#261 - 2013-09-27 17:24:34 UTC
Crasniya wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Why? What is there to be upset about this expansion? Or you repfered incarna? with a revolutionary useles feature with so many bugs that made the game almost unplayable?

While lacking in features, it worked perfectly from day one. Unless you had hardware no respectable person should be gaming on. Hardware so old that modern games won't run on them at all.

As someone that works with real time graphics and had the absolute BEST possible equipment back then.. i call this BULL#!@#!@.

The thing was HORRIBLE, with a horrid bugged lighting shader, it added no real feature to the game while increasign the resource usage massively.

It was a terrible patch, so much that ccp lost a LOT of costumers.

The last expansions on other hand were far better. With far less problems and for more focused on useful stuff.

THis expansion continues it.. a great work.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#262 - 2013-09-27 17:29:52 UTC
Mhax Arthie wrote:
I'm so upset of this expansion. Really I am. There is no other sandbox game in this damn world where I can go.. I dont feel like being a white unicorn or a marine fighting orcs or panda's. This expansion just makes me to pump more bux in sir Roberts vision, hope that SC will achieve the 60M bux pixels!

Would you elaborate on why you are upset? Possibly give some constructive feedback on what you were expecting and/or what is specifically disappointing you?

Or is it just "I haz the mad"?

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Commander A9
True North Solutions
Aurora Alliance
#263 - 2013-09-27 18:07:53 UTC
I'm excited for everything, except one...

I'm a little concerned about players controlling high-sec customs offices...

Doomsday nightmare scenario says a major alliance comes in and tries to swipe them all up (and you KNOW someone is going to attempt it).

I know there's a bypass by using the individual command center jettison launchpads, but...that's going to get inefficient really fast. Also, will a "war-dec" or something like that be necessary to remove the customs office, and how is CONCORD going to react to this?

Will NPC corps pilots like University of Caille and The Scope be able to set up deployable objects (and high-sec customs offices)?

Is the Sisters of EVE going to set up more mission offices, such as Level 4s in other empires, and how will their missions impact faction standing (I've never run them other than a few of the storyline arc ones...which I have yet to finish after 3 years XD).

Are POSes going to be affected by any of this?

Recommendations:

-enable ships wobbling in hangar view (pre-Captains Quarters)

-add more missions (NPC fleet vs. NPC fleets that actually shoot)

-STOP NERFING EVERYTHING!

Join Live Events!

marVLs
#264 - 2013-09-27 18:13:30 UTC  |  Edited by: marVLs
Where's HD textures and V3 station exteriors?

And no more remodeling ships like typhoon, dominix etc?
Lex Manrider
Doomheim
#265 - 2013-09-27 18:15:48 UTC
Mhax Arthie wrote:
I'm so upset of this expansion. Really I am. There is no other sandbox game in this damn world where I can go.. I dont feel like being a white unicorn or a marine fighting orcs or panda's. This expansion just makes me to pump more bux in sir Roberts vision, hope that SC will achieve the 60M bux pixels!

Star Citizen, isn´t that the game were you can buy a ship or rather the rights to a ship which has not been designed as of yet it only exists as a single picture in a game which is not even alpha status, for 200$ ???

I am curious, is that 200 bucks ship going to be destructible as in if it explodes its gone? Or does it respawn magically?

If you like things like that go on "invest" all your money into something like that.

Reminds me of the people who bought a lifetime sub for star trek online the very first opportunity it was announced and then started to cry heavily when it just did not turn out as expected.
Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#266 - 2013-09-27 18:18:10 UTC
Cloaky cruisers that have pew pew lasers. That was all CCP needed to make me walk a day with a monstrous boner.

...and then they went up and added moongoo stealing devices, nullified 'ceptors and my very own space-yurt. And here I was starting to doubt them.

Now can we have some love for the Blackops BS's? Pretty please?

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#267 - 2013-09-27 18:19:19 UTC
Lex Manrider wrote:
Mhax Arthie wrote:

Star Citizen, isn´t that the game were you can buy a ship or rather the rights to a ship which has not been designed as of yet it only exists as a single picture in a game which is not even alpha status, for 200$ ???

I am curious, is that 200 bucks ship going to be destructible as in if it explodes its gone? Or does it respawn magically?

If you like things like that go on "invest" all your money into something like that.

Reminds me of the people who bought a lifetime sub for star trek online the very first opportunity it was announced and then started to cry heavily when it just did not turn out as expected.

I Love the tears of early adoptersTwisted

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Commander A9
True North Solutions
Aurora Alliance
#268 - 2013-09-27 18:21:55 UTC
Oh! Splash screen!

Can we PLEASE get something, with music, and maybe some animation? It's incidental since we have the launcher now, but...I still think it'd be cool.

Rubicon's current imagery reminds me of a reverse-Dominion. Dominion showed us the lower curvature of a planet. Now, we see the upper, and it's more fiery and dangerous-looking.

Recommendations:

-enable ships wobbling in hangar view (pre-Captains Quarters)

-add more missions (NPC fleet vs. NPC fleets that actually shoot)

-STOP NERFING EVERYTHING!

Join Live Events!

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#269 - 2013-09-27 18:23:24 UTC
Commander A9 wrote:
I'm excited for everything, except one...

I'm a little concerned about players controlling high-sec customs offices...

Doomsday nightmare scenario says a major alliance comes in and tries to swipe them all up (and you KNOW someone is going to attempt it).

I know there's a bypass by using the individual command center jettison launchpads, but...that's going to get inefficient really fast. Also, will a "war-dec" or something like that be necessary to remove the customs office, and how is CONCORD going to react to this?

Will NPC corps pilots like University of Caille and The Scope be able to set up deployable objects (and high-sec customs offices)?

Is the Sisters of EVE going to set up more mission offices, such as Level 4s in other empires, and how will their missions impact faction standing (I've never run them other than a few of the storyline arc ones...which I have yet to finish after 3 years XD).

Are POSes going to be affected by any of this?

Becaus eyou cannot shoot their offices and put yours? That is the whoel idea. Theya re too many they cannto keep all protected!!

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Ziat
Kit's Industries
#270 - 2013-09-27 18:36:03 UTC
Hey CCP
have you lied in this topic
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1106638&page=1#4

You've been looking for suitable hummer to attach antibubble to interceptors or duct tape to make mini siege for maraderues. Or you ve been finding out how can players anchor that depot in space?
Aya Shinomiya
Promethean Ascension
#271 - 2013-09-27 18:43:39 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Aya Shinomiya wrote:
The Sisters Of EVE ships remind me a little bit of Vulcan ships from Star Trek. But I like the design, both of Vulcan and Sister ships.

A litt?e They are basically rip offs of vulcan ships :)

I did not want to say it like this, could still be an coincidence. ;)
Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#272 - 2013-09-27 18:59:13 UTC
I like pretty much everything with the patch notes so far besides the interceptor buff.

I do think SOE should have a battleship too like all the other faction ship races. I just hope they really don't go away from the design too much, looks good.
Sharanelle
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#273 - 2013-09-27 19:39:00 UTC
Aya Shinomiya wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Aya Shinomiya wrote:
The Sisters Of EVE ships remind me a little bit of Vulcan ships from Star Trek. But I like the design, both of Vulcan and Sister ships.

A litt?e They are basically rip offs of vulcan ships :)

I did not want to say it like this, could still be an coincidence. ;)

I would say it is a coincidence at most. Not a huge Star Trek fan, but I went to my friend Google and had a gander at an array of Vulcan ships. Having a ring, whether meant to provide mounting points for weapons, engines, or to spin and provide a form of artificial gravity, is not a new concept in scifi.

The Vulcan ships look much more organic, almost like Gallente ships in Minnie colors, with the common theme of a ring, or curvatures that suggest a ring without connecting. The SoE ships also have a ring, but are more technical, clear plates and access panels, and are far more angular.

Thaddeus Eggeras
Urkrathos Corp
#274 - 2013-09-27 20:27:00 UTC
I think the Vulcan and the new SOE looks a little similiar, but really not that much the same. I think the SOE look good and unlike most other New Eden ships, which is good. I like the SOE ships design and hope they stay that way. I do hope they don't use lasers like in the cruise draw up, and use shields. They just strike me as a shield boat. I just hope they make a battleship version too.
Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#275 - 2013-09-27 20:27:45 UTC
Lex Manrider wrote:
Mhax Arthie wrote:

Actually , they have lifetime insurance, and you can already walk around and inside many of them if you have access to the alpha.

I love my 325a, it's so pretty. You just can't actually fly it anywhere yet.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#276 - 2013-09-27 20:33:39 UTC
Crasniya wrote:

Actually , they have lifetime insurance, and you can already walk around and inside many of them if you have access to the alpha.

I love my 325a, it's so pretty. You just can't actually fly it anywhere yet.

Wait...... You paid $200 for a virtual spaceship in a game that has no guarantees of actually being completed??????

I HAVE got to start a Kickstarter. People just throw their money around without rhyme or reason. $$$$

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#277 - 2013-09-27 20:42:10 UTC
Following clip is from http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcing-eve-online-rubicon-november-19th-2013/

---clip---
Features will include Marauder, Interceptor and Interdictor rebalancing, as well as changes to existing game mechanics, new personal deployable structures and twitch.tv integration into the EVE Online Client.

For this, and many more additions coming with EVE Online: Rubicon, please check out the feature page here.
--clip---

Could you explain what this twitch.tv integration actually means and has to offer ?
Feature page has no information about it.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#278 - 2013-09-27 22:06:01 UTC
Frankly, adding more space to a game where most of the space is empty for good reasons, looks like a tad pointless.

While CCP Seagull talks about gold at the hills, here in our hisec town the sewers clog continuously and it's becoming difficult to find a decent loaf of bread for a fair price.

And I wonder why should we care of "space colonization". Why add more nullsec? F*ck it all already. I want to walk in stations.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Amhra Rho
Accujac Elimination
#279 - 2013-09-27 22:09:48 UTC
An all-around favorable package of interesting concepts and prudent enhancements, imho, but an observation. This is a relatively small expansion that's scheduled to be released ahead of the usual schedule.

Can we infer from this that a much larger, more comprehensive "blockbuster" will best describe expansion #21?

There's real reasons why your Eve character doesn't do /dance.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#280 - 2013-09-27 22:10:26 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
I want to walk in stations.

You may not know that but you can already walk in stations.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise