These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
New Eden Tech Support
#241 - 2013-09-27 13:02:12 UTC
blue dehazon wrote:
Vald Tegor wrote:
blue dehazon wrote:
i agre,this game turning more and more in to a playground for the large alliances and les and les a game for smal corp or singel player,if the next expancion gose the same way then am don whid this game.

Actually, this looks like something for smaller high-sec bound corps to get into as they grow, before they can handle defending such assets in low sec vs capital/supercap fleets.

Or were you expecting to hold a POCO as a corp with three players and half a dozen alts?

i wont tray that. just stop doing PI

If you are more willing to quit than to adapt to changing game mechanics what is the basis for complaining at all?
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#242 - 2013-09-27 13:13:04 UTC
Captain Africa wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Aya Shinomiya wrote:
The Sisters Of EVE ships remind me a little bit of Vulcan ships from Star Trek. But I like the design, both of Vulcan and Sister ships.

A litt?e They are basically rip offs of vulcan ships :)

And your point ?

That you cannot read? The statement was his, mine is just a confirmation, therefore there is no point in looking for a point in a confirmation sentence.

Care to learn to read whole posts and quotes before answering anyone?

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Vol Arm'OOO
Central Co-Prosperity Union
#243 - 2013-09-27 13:13:38 UTC
The new deployable structures feel like a nerf to the orca (depot structure) and the noctis (tractor structure). Sure the use of the structures improves solo game play, but that seems to be coming at the expense of group play by diminishing the importance of two ships. At least with the orca, imo it would have been better to introduce different flavors of orcas instead of introducing a deployable structure that does its job for it - there could have been a combat version with more mobility and no ore hold, a blops version, etc. . .. Sure people dont like bringing orcas behind the lines now because of its lack of mobility, but that could have been addressed.

I don't play, I just fourm warrior.

AspiB'elt
Les chevaliers de l'ordre
Goonswarm Federation
#244 - 2013-09-27 13:22:33 UTC  |  Edited by: AspiB'elt
Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa wrote:
AspiB'elt wrote:
About interceptor and nullifier, really it's not a good idea.

But add some range bonus and scramble yes. Now we have a lot of microjump module on BS, and it's very difficult to catch them because the range of the scramble are too short. We need to have a ship with a good chance to catch MJD ship. This is the perfect role for interceptor.

I thought that was a perfect job for the Arazu and Lachesis.

yes but the inteceptor is make for that also. it's the main goal of this ship.

All skill at V you have 11.3 km for the scramble II ( normaly 9 km)

Perhaps the good idea will be to give to the interceptor some bonus

100% bonus on the scramble bonus range (ship bonus not lvl). Scramble II will be 18 km
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#245 - 2013-09-27 13:48:25 UTC
Zappity wrote:
Deployable short range cyno jammer should help against AFK cloakers? Hopefully the nullbear whiners will shut up about it.

That would be so awesome.

The shutting up i mean, I don't care about the other thing. Lol

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
New Eden Tech Support
#246 - 2013-09-27 13:49:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
Maliandra wrote:
Well there is a fundamental problem to this idea: It draws more people into hi-sec.

I'm sorry, but isn't hi-sec kind of an issue right now? The expansions to this game should be motivating us to LEAVE hi-sec.

Bleh, CCP logic for ya.

My interpretation of their logic is that if you can't get carebears to participate outside of High Sec then CCP will be bringing LS/NS to them. Sounds to me like it could get sticky for a bit, maybe push some players out of the game but the overall change in dynamics and mechanics will hopefully give the James315 less opportunities for roleplay Big smile ... because, even though they are trying to "save high sec/Eve" ... they are uber annoying.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#247 - 2013-09-27 14:12:01 UTC
Captain Africa wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
WTF is that ambulation everybody keeps crying after? I hope it means sexy nurses in my CQ doing dirty stuff.

There you go .....

Walking (also known as ambulation) is one of the main gaits of locomotion among legged animals, and is typically slower than running and other gaits. Walking is defined by an 'inverted pendulum' gait in which the body vaults over the stiff limb or limbs with each step. This applies regardless of the number of limbs - even arthropods with six, eight or more limbs.

I also thought it was medical treatment ...he he he

Wait, so it is just... walking? Shocked
Strange, my avatar can already do that and I thought everybody's can too.

Invalid signature format

Burseg Sardaukar
Free State Project
#248 - 2013-09-27 14:14:43 UTC
Any word on Dust/EVE integration? Considering the EVE link is the primary aspect of Dust that sets it apart from the sea of other console FPS's....

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

Igor Nappi
Doomheim
#249 - 2013-09-27 14:15:39 UTC
Is there any data available on how much customs / taxes is currently paid for hisec PI?

Furthermore, I think that links must be removed from the game.

Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#250 - 2013-09-27 14:39:18 UTC
Looks Very Good so far. I really like the Sister's of Eve ship models. The deployable structures seem interesting, especially if they can be scanned and they drop loot is destroyed Twisted I especially like the POS Siphon.......ALL YOUR POS LOOT BELONG TO US!!!!

YES!PirateTwisted

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Kra RA
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#251 - 2013-09-27 14:41:21 UTC
Kra RA wrote:
Im super exited about automated salvage/looting hope it works good for players!

Just watched video and found out that this thing wont loot or salvage! WTF what is purpose then? Dont get idea behind it. I feel tricked.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#252 - 2013-09-27 14:45:13 UTC
Kra RA wrote:
Kra RA wrote:
Im super exited about automated salvage/looting hope it works good for players!

Just watched video and found out that this thing wont loot or salvage! WTF what is purpose then? Dont get idea behind it. I feel tricked.

It tractors everything to one point? Dunno, haven't seen the vid, yet.

Sounds usefull to me, 8 salvagers for my noctis make things faster.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Pakhwal Agnon
Small Nondescript Bookstore
#253 - 2013-09-27 14:54:14 UTC
@Burseg : "Any word on Dust/EVE integration? Considering the EVE link is the primary aspect of Dust that sets it apart from the sea of other console FPS's...."

That, Sir, is the 100BISK question that has only been hinted upon for the entire thread. In the back of my mind Rubicon, it seems, could be a step in that very direction...PA
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#254 - 2013-09-27 15:31:35 UTC
Vol Arm'OOO wrote:
The new deployable structures feel like a nerf to the orca (depot structure) and the noctis (tractor structure). Sure the use of the structures improves solo game play, but that seems to be coming at the expense of group play by diminishing the importance of two ships. At least with the orca, imo it would have been better to introduce different flavors of orcas instead of introducing a deployable structure that does its job for it - there could have been a combat version with more mobility and no ore hold, a blops version, etc. . .. Sure people dont like bringing orcas behind the lines now because of its lack of mobility, but that could have been addressed.

Think that through a bit, this depot adds to solo play, there are a lot of people with one or two accounts, in terms of people with one account they actually can have a base, as for people with two accounts they can actually multibox in what they are doing and can refit both toons without having to get a toon in each account trained to fly an Orca and on location. Also getting it there is a pain, I was debating doing it with a carrier, but this is so much better and hopefully cheaper.

I just hope that a packaged depot fits in a 3,900m3 can, and would love the full details ASAP.

I can safely say that this Depot has rekindled my interest a lot.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#255 - 2013-09-27 15:39:01 UTC
One of the good things on these modules is that they bring a new use for the marauders large cargo hold :P

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#256 - 2013-09-27 17:10:27 UTC
Crucible, Inferno, Retribution, Odyssey and now Rubicon. Amayzing work CCP, so many great expansions, EvE Online is on it's best shape ever.

Thank you.

The Tears Must Flow

Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#257 - 2013-09-27 17:10:43 UTC
Burseg Sardaukar wrote:
Any word on Dust/EVE integration? Considering the EVE link is the primary aspect of Dust that sets it apart from the sea of other console FPS's....

I think we're all waiting for that. No matter how much integration the DUST team puts in, EVE devs are going to have to get involved to make things like seeing match progress and the kill feed visible in the EVE client.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Mhax Arthie
Doomheim
#258 - 2013-09-27 17:15:49 UTC
I'm so upset of this expansion. Really I am. There is no other sandbox game in this damn world where I can go.. I dont feel like being a white unicorn or a marine fighting orcs or panda's. This expansion just makes me to pump more bux in sir Roberts vision, hope that SC will achieve the 60M bux pixels!
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#259 - 2013-09-27 17:18:00 UTC
Mhax Arthie wrote:
I'm so upset of this expansion. Really I am. There is no other sandbox game in this damn world where I can go.. I dont feel like being a white unicorn or a marine fighting orcs or panda's. This expansion just makes me to pump more bux in sir Roberts vision, hope that SC will achieve the 60M bux pixels!

Why? What is there to be upset about this expansion? Or you repfered incarna? with a revolutionary useles feature with so many bugs that made the game almost unplayable?

Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#260 - 2013-09-27 17:19:15 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Why? What is there to be upset about this expansion? Or you repfered incarna? with a revolutionary useles feature with so many bugs that made the game almost unplayable?

While lacking in features, it worked perfectly from day one. Unless you had hardware no respectable person should be gaming on. Hardware so old that modern games won't run on them at all.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net