These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
Agamemna Sheridan
Wombo United
#221 - 2013-09-27 10:28:09 UTC
Vald Tegor wrote:
Rengerel en Distel wrote:

I'd guess he meant no concord taking out the npc custom offices, but normal wardecs would be necessary to take out POCOs.

That sounds far more plausible

I dont think a wardec will be nessissary to kill player POCO. Else it would be impossible to take out POCOs of players that are in NPC corps.

The only option is that POCOs will be killable without any wardec.

As they said, they want more ways for people to mess with eachother.

Thats also the reason why null sec corps will not get into high sec POCOs mutch. It would take far to mutch efford for them to defend them all.

Epsacially if you can slap one of those new siffion units on to a POCO to steal stuff :-)
Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#222 - 2013-09-27 10:36:59 UTC
I like the new certificate system/Interbus ship viewer as it reminds me of the WoT tech tree.

SoE cruiser + new habitation module = good times ahead
Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#223 - 2013-09-27 10:38:34 UTC
Agamemna Sheridan wrote:
I dont think a wardec will be nessissary to kill player POCO. Else it would be impossible to take out POCOs of players that are in NPC corps.

Last I checked you had to be in a player corp to install a POCO.
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
New Eden Tech Support
#224 - 2013-09-27 10:38:37 UTC
blue dehazon wrote:
Second expansion whid more nerf to hi sec,whis i newer trained all may acconts and som alts for PI.nowe custom office will be the new pirat tool,pirat probe to steal your stuff in pos more pirat stuff.CCP neglect a larg part of the player base in hisec.Cool whit som neew ships but thats it.

Are you ... perhance, insane? High Sec is nothing but a nerf unto the entire galaxy. I have a feeling that, like me, you are also a High Sec dweller; nothing wrong with that as long as you're striving to skill up and move out of your parents basement [yes, that is how I see High Sec]

If you compare CONCORD response times to what they used to be along with their invulnerability on top Crimewatch etc etc to the way things used to be in Eve I think that mayb your lack of appreciation or perspective would sound less ignorant. Make better use of everything available to you before you ask for changes to be made that fit your [or lack of] style.

I am by no means a badass around here... trust that. I am, however, a player that wants to thrive and lift myself up to the standards of players who have been around for a while rather than debase a game without comparison.

Is Eve perfect? No. Do the Devs know that and continue working to keep up with and cater to the player base? Yes, about every ~6mos or so, for free... Step your game up, blue. You'll have more fun, promise.
Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa
The Perfect Harvesting Experience
#225 - 2013-09-27 10:42:23 UTC
Noi lek wrote:
When will we get ambulation?

Maybe the SoE ships will function as a Ambulance, how does that sound?
New Eden Tech Support
#226 - 2013-09-27 10:44:46 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Henriette Malia Alette wrote:
Can u spell "Null Sec". That is what rubicon is the first step towards... u are turning High Sec - into Low and Null Sec - simply put.

Thank goodness. Have you been to highsec recently? It's horrible there.

Agreed. I think High Sec definitely has its merits... seems too safe though, and gives new players a false sense of security and breed an unwillingness to step outside of Empire space. Hopefully Rubicon will change their perception and make more of galaxy accessible to people who would otherwise never leave Empire space.
Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa
#227 - 2013-09-27 10:45:48 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Those new interceptors mean the end of nul-sec mining.

I am guessing a HIC with a scripted projector still grabs them.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#228 - 2013-09-27 10:49:36 UTC
Artemis Ellery Sazas wrote:
Pretty sad "expansion" if you ask me. A little tweak here, a little tweak there is not very exciting. Maybe CCP should look at only doing 1 mind blowing expansion per year and have all these other "expansions" be included in normal updates.

This expansion is another shot at the high sec, casual player. Even though these players are the majority, they appear to be unwanted by CCP. This is the perception CCP is giving the players that call high sec home. I really don't understand their logic with their desire to trash high sec. Messing with the biggest income stream is bad for business!

With the last expansion they nerfed the ice belts so they had limited resources. Before that time, during peak hours there were approx. 50k players online, which swelled to 60k players online some weekends. Now at peak times there are around 35k players online, swelling to 40k on weekends. This is not all due to the ice nerf I am sure, but the trend is moving down. That in itself is disturbing. Now CCP is taking another shot at high sec by making POCO's player owned and creating Siphon units to steal resources from POS's. Personally, I could care less about this, but many players that do high sec pi and have their own POS will care and the perception will be "another attack on casual, high sec players". Messing with high sec and it's players is bad for business.

Whether CCP or null sec players like it or not, high sec and it's care bear players makes the world go 'round. Nerfing high sec will not make CCP's wallets any fatter. Blink

Thing is, the high sec player that does not want to iteract with other players do not generate content .. do not ADD to the game universe> That is why the other players are more interestign in a marketing view.

And I cannto see how there was any NERF to high sec players. What ccp has been doign is nerfing NON INTERACTION WITH OTHER PLAYERS.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#229 - 2013-09-27 10:53:27 UTC
WTF is that ambulation everybody keeps crying after? I hope it means sexy nurses in my CQ doing dirty stuff.

And to all those whining about hisec nerf I propose to jump out for a few weeks into low/null corp to get some perspective.
Nobody forces you to live where you live and hisec doesn't equal casual player.
More often than not it equals entitled narrow minded shinies riding d!ck.

Invalid signature format

New Eden Tech Support
#230 - 2013-09-27 10:56:05 UTC
Rhes wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:
Walking in Stations and DUST 514, both ignored. Again. Thanks for nothing.

Neither one of those things have anything to do with Eve.

Um no, that's where you are wrong and your attitude is typical Goon sentiment. Go bury your head in the sand, you obviously don't have a clue

Please enlighten me. What do WiS and Dust have to do with Eve.

WiS in EvE, as in DUST, could help bridge the interface gap between those games within New Eden, imo. Those two feature could also help integrate Valkyrie fire missions or facilitate DUST boarding parties in space.

What do you think?
New Eden Tech Support
#231 - 2013-09-27 10:57:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#232 - 2013-09-27 11:44:06 UTC
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Henriette Malia Alette wrote:
Can u spell "Null Sec". That is what rubicon is the first step towards... u are turning High Sec - into Low and Null Sec - simply put.

Thank goodness. Have you been to highsec recently? It's horrible there.

Agreed. I think High Sec definitely has its merits... seems too safe though, and gives new players a false sense of security and breed an unwillingness to step outside of Empire space. Hopefully Rubicon will change their perception and make more of galaxy accessible to people who would otherwise never leave Empire space.

High sec is not safe. Null is so much safer, even for me and I'm a roaming solo player. You die in high sec, its bad luck. You die in null sec its your own fault. That's a big difference. One can be reduced, but not avoided, the other can be totally avoided.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Bommy Turke
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#233 - 2013-09-27 11:54:43 UTC
On the POCOs:
What about setting it so that you can't both hold null sec sov space and own a high sce POCO?
The first problem I see with this is that an alt corporation can be created to take the POCOs and the ISK from tax can just be transferred to the null sec groups. I think it'd make it harder for them to monopolise the high sec POCOs at least.
If a large null sec alliance takes over a set of POCOs in high sce, the cost to war dec them to take the POCOs for yourself would make attacking a POCO not worth it.

Some food for thought CCP, i'm sure you have more details unreleased on this and are still working out how this will operate, but don't underestimate the player base. You did that with things like wormholes and titans, so be careful :)
Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa
#234 - 2013-09-27 12:05:27 UTC
AspiB'elt wrote:
About interceptor and nullifier, really it's not a good idea.

But add some range bonus and scramble yes. Now we have a lot of microjump module on BS, and it's very difficult to catch them because the range of the scramble are too short. We need to have a ship with a good chance to catch MJD ship. This is the perfect role for interceptor.

I thought that was a perfect job for the Arazu and Lachesis.
Marian Devers
Rage and Terror
Against ALL Authorities
#235 - 2013-09-27 12:16:10 UTC
CCP's habit of ignoring player concerns has once again come back to bite them in the ass.

Let's examine the proposed changes to Interceptors (immunity to bubbles):

So, when CCP was busy doing the Frigate rebalance, they decided to up the scan-resolution, agility, speed, tank, and dps of most of the frigates. Players commented and warned CCP that this was treading dangerously close to the Interceptor class.

All of a sudden, a (for example) Slasher had better agility than the Claw, almost similar speed, and basically identical scan-resolution. For 10x less the price. Now, the only benefit that Interceptors had over frigates was the MWD Signature resolution bonus, the warp disrupt/scram range, and warp speed - and the last two only affected 4 out of 8 interceptors.

CCP ignored player concerns, introduced the changes, and ended up with a ship-class that was no longer as popular as it was. Color me surprised. CCP eventually realized that they nerfed an entire ship-class, and decided that they had to do something:

"Immunity to warp disrupt probes/bubbles."

Here are the reasons why this proposed change is bad idea, and should be scrapped immediately:

1) "Lazy" mechanic:
Just like the MWD changes to the AF and HAC ship class, the proposed change is sloppy design work. It shows that CCP cannot be bothered to take a good hard look at the ship class and decided on adequate changes, and wants an easy solution, with no objective reasoning for the proposed changes. It is a ship buff that is a result not of adequate game design, but of lack of originality. A "buff for buff's sake", with no though to the consequences.

2) Will create an additional "easy mode ship":
Tech 3 Cruisers with Interdiction Nullifiers. Enough said.

3) It will change a player skill into a ship skill:
Just like the changes to exploration, this proposed mechanic will change what was once a player skill, to a ship skill. Allow me to explain. Interceptors, as a ship class, already have significant immunity against warp disrupt probes/bubbles. Due to high speed and agility, it is very easy for a pilot to burn out and warp out of a bubble, even before an enemy pilot can lock him. To prevent warping into a bubble, the interceptor pilot simly has to warp to a nearby celestial and scan the out-gate, predict the likely position of a drag bubble, and act accordingly. These actions can be easily carried out in every system without even significantly slowing down the Interceptor pilot. Even in the case that the interceptor has landed into a drag bubble, 5 times out of 10, he can (if he keeps his wits), quickly set full speed, turn on his MWD, burn out of scram/web range of the ship sitting on the bubble, and warp out (e.g. a Sabre), before the enemy ship has even managed to lock him. What was now a player skill will become a ship skill.

4) Will created an overpowered ship class:
As mentioned previously, Interceptors already enjoy a high degree of immunity from bubbles. The only sure way to kill an interceptor is a combination of a bubble and long range webs (rapier/daredevil). Removing the bubble vulnerability will significantly overpower the ship class, meaning that it wil be nearly impossible to kill it.

5) Will devalue two other ship classes even more (Interdictor and HIC):
The MJD mechanic significantly reduced the usefulness of Interdictors and HICS. This will only increase that. Realistically, an Interdictor/HIC is needed to catch ships that can warp out before others can lock them, which means: interceptors, frigates, shuttles, noob-ships, cloakies. Everything else can be easily pointed by Cruisers and higher. By giving immunity to interceptors, you devalue these two ship classes even more.

Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#236 - 2013-09-27 12:19:11 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
WTF is that ambulation everybody keeps crying after? I hope it means sexy nurses in my CQ doing dirty stuff.

And to all those whining about hisec nerf I propose to jump out for a few weeks into low/null corp to get some perspective.
Nobody forces you to live where you live and hisec doesn't equal casual player.
More often than not it equals entitled narrow minded shinies riding d!ck.

There you go .....

Walking (also known as ambulation) is one of the main gaits of locomotion among legged animals, and is typically slower than running and other gaits. Walking is defined by an 'inverted pendulum' gait in which the body vaults over the stiff limb or limbs with each step. This applies regardless of the number of limbs - even arthropods with six, eight or more limbs.

I also thought it was medical treatment ...he he he
Aya Shinomiya
Promethean Ascension
#237 - 2013-09-27 12:22:20 UTC
The Sisters Of EVE ships remind me a little bit of Vulcan ships from Star Trek. But I like the design, both of Vulcan and Sister ships.
Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#238 - 2013-09-27 12:22:49 UTC
Bommy Turke wrote:
What about setting it so that you can't both hold null sec sov space and own a high sce POCO?

My god, you're so afraid of Goons, it's so funny!
I could not imagine a person can be so much of a care bear. I'm starting to think this is a good thing, to beat that crap out of your head.

Hisec is not a safe haven. Deal with it.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#239 - 2013-09-27 12:25:37 UTC
Aya Shinomiya wrote:
The Sisters Of EVE ships remind me a little bit of Vulcan ships from Star Trek. But I like the design, both of Vulcan and Sister ships.

A litt?e They are basically rip offs of vulcan ships :)

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#240 - 2013-09-27 12:41:47 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Aya Shinomiya wrote:

A litt?e They are basically rip offs of vulcan ships :)

And your point ?