These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
Lugalbandak
Lego3
#201 - 2013-09-27 08:32:27 UTC
Looks good ccp

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Frank Maulerant
Vizan's Covert Network
#202 - 2013-09-27 08:37:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Frank Maulerant
Still,not really clear about depots and siphon units.

- Depots will be a personal access-only,or you can grant the access rights to someone (or it's even open to everyone? 0_o)
- How much m3 will it take in packed state...and where can it be anchored (any rules to it,like to poses and outposts?)
- sigh,just to clarify - it will work like a few pos modules melded in one? or you can even dock your pod into it? Lol
- And,yeah...what kind of resources will siphons be stealing? Guess that needs a clarification,because hi-sec researchers can start pissing with boiling water when it will turn out,that siphon can get labs and hangars contents (stolen cap BPO's....Chuck yeah Lol)
Treborr MintingtonJr
S.N.O.T
S.N.O.T.
#203 - 2013-09-27 08:42:44 UTC
Anyone else thirsty after reading this? http://www.rubiconexotic.com/ Big smile

Also intrigued by this --> "Guerilla-style Warfare Support"
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#204 - 2013-09-27 08:44:37 UTC
New Stuff! Yeah!
Josef Djugashvilis
#205 - 2013-09-27 08:47:40 UTC
Noi lek wrote:
When will we get ambulation?

With any luck, not before 2113.

This is not a signature.

Teinyhr
Ourumur
#206 - 2013-09-27 08:48:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Teinyhr
This and probably coming expansions in the next few years in a nutshell:

"We are giving goons and other major null alliances,more ways to grief casual players and we are nerfing high sec to the ground in the process."

Nevermind that casual players are the cash cow of just about every MMO out there.

Last one out please turn off the lights.
Wyn Pharoh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#207 - 2013-09-27 08:49:11 UTC
Ilaister wrote:
Wyn Pharoh wrote:
Deployable Automatic tractor beam and looting device

Interesting isk/hr accelerator for every entity in Eve NOT living in Drone Regions.

CCP, please get busy adding loot drops back to Drone regions, or increase bounties again to compensate for the absolute waste of time it is now to wreck out anything in drone space. This new deployable structure will have only the most marginal of values, if really any at all, for an entire quadrant of space that already suffers from a variety of ills that were once partially compensated by the unique drone drop mechanics.

Unaddressed, I really see this as yet another nerf to Drones, further deepening the value gap between these regions and anywhere else in Eve.

If all you care about is ISK/hr then you deserve to live in that wasteland.

At what point did I say anything about caring only about isk/hr? This expansion has a lot of interesting content and I'm not even complaining about the structure I referenced in itself. I am trying to point out that one of the new features of this next expansion will be practically useless in one of the most 'already useless' parts of New Eden. Bringing loot drops back to Drones should be done, now more than ever, considering that 1 out of 4 of the new deployable toys coming in Rubicon will be rubbish otherwise for anyone in Drone space.
River Olaf
Infinite Improbable Industry Inc
Pandemic Horde
#208 - 2013-09-27 08:54:04 UTC
"How CCP **** you over by claiming re-designs are New Features and good things in their next "Free" if you plex or if you pay monthly £60 every 6 months expansion."

So far, the new "features" are so far...

Control Hi-Sec Customs Offices - So making a current items destructible in high sec now and calling it a new feature

Deploy Mobile Structures - So...personal POCOs....fun

Sisters of EVE Faction Ships - GAME BREAKING EXPLORATION SHIPS!

Ship Re-balancing - Still calling these things a new "feature" in their "expansions"....amazing
- Interdictors, don't need changing they work fine
- Interceptors, see above
- Mauraders, why bother when a BS(Domi) does the same job in high sec missions fine? or is it just to keep justifying peoples jobs at CCP that you have to give them something to do?

Guerilla-style Warfare Support - So what POCOs were meant to be when they came out then? how did that work out?

Interbus Ship Identification System - UI change for newbs

And a speech from the Senior Producer, begging players to "see their vision", in other words, we know this is a disappointing expansion...please stick with us, we'll have some new ideas soon...promise...

Brilliant
Philpip
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#209 - 2013-09-27 09:01:46 UTC
Sorry if this has been asked (can't read all 11 pages, I am supposed to be working after all) but what are the requirements going to be for deploying a poco?

I am assuming it will be the same as a pos with faction standings?

No, you were not blobbed, you just didn't bring enough people to the fight!

Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#210 - 2013-09-27 09:14:40 UTC
Maliandra wrote:
The expansions to this game should be motivating us to LEAVE hi-sec.

Not sure if that should be the purpose of each and every expansion, but nullsec is lackluster for sure and nerfing it further is a serious mistake.
+1
Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#211 - 2013-09-27 09:35:24 UTC
I'm really excited to see where this leads, especially after reading the message from CCP Seagull: it's exactly what I'm convinced the EVE universe should go. After reading old posts about the hideous Jove-Sleeper-Talocan-Rogue Drones interconnected lore, and the fact that it won't be known (it does exist) until we discover it in-character, I'm really looking forward to that moment. When I then remember a certain YouTube devblog about an incoming 5th playable race... weeeee.

I'm just hoping, as other have stated in this topic, that these new changes don't somehow drown all of this 'freedom' in corps, alliances and sovereignty, because hey, not all of us are interested in politics, but in exploration.

But you CCP has always managed not to break game balance with new expansions, so I'm confident you'll do well this time, as always Blink You guys are incredible!
CerN Frostwolf
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#212 - 2013-09-27 09:50:54 UTC
Launches on my birthday:D
Turelus
Utassi Security
#213 - 2013-09-27 10:00:06 UTC
Personally just feels like Odyssey 1.2 for me.
I really like the stuff they announced but it hardly seems expansion worthy. Odyssey was lacking enough but at least that rebuilt an entire area of the game to be more accessible.

I had thought that CCP's idea was to have themes for each expansion and they would be iterating content which falls within those themes. Rubicon is more like a patch with some little toys and shiny things rather than a mass enhancement or fix to any areas of the game.

Because if you're telling me it takes almost six months to make: four anchorable structures, two (six) new hulls (marauders), change numbers on some ships and turn on the "player shootable" for HighSec customs offices... I am a little disappointed yes.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Kra RA
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#214 - 2013-09-27 10:06:04 UTC
Im super exited about automated salvage/looting hope it works good for players!
chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#215 - 2013-09-27 10:20:20 UTC
Looks exciting in general.

I'm a little concerned that the auto looter will make the pve marauder obsolete..... Extra training wasted?
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#216 - 2013-09-27 10:21:48 UTC
For years I defended that CCP shoudl move moon mining modules outside POS shield so we coudl blow them and steal the moon goo ithout need of massive fleets, somethign that woudl force large empires to patrol their borders .. soemthin that would force smaller scale warfare.

Many called me nuts and stupid..

glad to see CCP was smarter and implemented the same effect with the siphoon structures. That is exaclty what I was waiting

now finnaly i have hope for 0.0

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Shan'Talasha Mea'Questa
The Perfect Harvesting Experience
#217 - 2013-09-27 10:23:51 UTC
Vald Tegor wrote:
Kassasis Dakkstromri wrote:

Refitting during combat??

I expect it will work just like the fleet hangar and ship maintenance bay on a Carrier/Orca, so yes.

I belief that got fixed some time ago...
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#218 - 2013-09-27 10:24:55 UTC
Treborr MintingtonJr wrote:
Anyone else thirsty after reading this? http://www.rubiconexotic.com/ Big smile

Also intrigued by this --> "Guerilla-style Warfare Support"

The siphoons will create much more smaller scale combats sicen you can disrupt large 0.0 empires economies if they have too many territories for their population.

You do nto need 2 thousand member fleets to hurt an enemy now. You just need a timezone where their numbers are smaller and some dedicated peopel in small fleets to hamper their economy. Therefore enemies will be forced to patrol.. patrols .. small warfare.

Finnaly FUN AGAIN IN 0.0!!!!

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Mhax Arthie
Doomheim
#219 - 2013-09-27 10:25:22 UTC
Turelus wrote:
Personally just feels like Odyssey 1.2 for me.

Because if you're telling me it takes almost six months to make: four anchorable structures, two (six) new hulls (marauders), change numbers on some ships and turn on the "player shootable" for HighSec customs offices... I am a little disappointed yes.

This is exactly why Fozzie looked like a clown to me. He was so excited about nothing.They not even had pictures or videos about the new modules, ships.. nothing than some drawings and promises.

I would be really upset to learn that the dev team is now focused on that Valkyrie project and only few of them are working on EVE. Tho, it would be not the first time this happens.
Artemis Ellery Sazas
Shock and Awe Inc.
#220 - 2013-09-27 10:26:14 UTC
Pretty sad "expansion" if you ask me. A little tweak here, a little tweak there is not very exciting. Maybe CCP should look at only doing 1 mind blowing expansion per year and have all these other "expansions" be included in normal updates.

This expansion is another shot at the high sec, casual player. Even though these players are the majority, they appear to be unwanted by CCP. This is the perception CCP is giving the players that call high sec home. I really don't understand their logic with their desire to trash high sec. Messing with the biggest income stream is bad for business!

With the last expansion they nerfed the ice belts so they had limited resources. Before that time, during peak hours there were approx. 50k players online, which swelled to 60k players online some weekends. Now at peak times there are around 35k players online, swelling to 40k on weekends. This is not all due to the ice nerf I am sure, but the trend is moving down. That in itself is disturbing. Now CCP is taking another shot at high sec by making POCO's player owned and creating Siphon units to steal resources from POS's. Personally, I could care less about this, but many players that do high sec pi and have their own POS will care and the perception will be "another attack on casual, high sec players". Messing with high sec and it's players is bad for business.

Whether CCP or null sec players like it or not, high sec and it's care bear players makes the world go 'round. Nerfing high sec will not make CCP's wallets any fatter. Blink