These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Time to stop the ability for corp members to shoot each other without a duel???

Author
Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#41 - 2013-09-27 00:31:08 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Why is it so many people support awoxing which is a blatant slap in the face to this?

you can do something radical like kill the awoxer......

This is an empire problem. Out of empire they handle their own business. Awoxer goes guns hot....well they get the favor returned at some point. Or they have diplo's to handle this in the case of intra corp awoxing in an alliance. Sometimes reimbursement in order, other times the awoxer failed and had tables turned hard on them and they died. Matter settled right then and there.

When low, wh and 0.0 have a solution in place I jsut don't see ccp going this is broke. Thousands of players already found a way to work the situation.
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2013-09-27 00:38:59 UTC
Zan Shiro wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
Why is it so many people support awoxing which is a blatant slap in the face to this?

you can do something radical like kill the awoxer......

This is an empire problem. Out of empire they handle their own business. Awoxer goes guns hot....well they get the favor returned at some point. Or they have diplo's to handle this in the case of intra corp awoxing in an alliance. Sometimes reimbursement in order, other times the awoxer failed and had tables turned hard on them and they died. Matter settled right then and there.

When low, wh and 0.0 have a solution in place I jsut don't see ccp going this is broke. Thousands of players already found a way to work the situation.

Problem is, a lot of awoxers have a strong backing, so seeking revenge typically leads to things being worse than they were just trying to kick him out of corp...
I remember almost joining a corp that got awoxed and exacted revenge... The. They ended up with a perma dec from test alliance...
That's typicLly the problem here.
Most of the time it's small high sec corps that can't defend themselves well enough to counter the awoxer once his friends join the fight....
I don't see why these groups can't just wardec or suicide gank like the rest of the good people in Eve...
Tenaris Zeratul
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2013-09-27 07:01:44 UTC
APOC UK wrote:
So hears my idea.

I think this game has come a long way over the years but one thing that i think has stayed behind the times is the ability for corp members to shoot at each other without putting an official duel in place in advance.

Why is this a problem i hear you all ask?

Well as you know there are many griefers in this game who take advantage of corps who are recruiting,

They get through the security checks somehow and then Bam!!! there goes an expensive ship up in smoke.

I know this has been a feature of the game since its birth to allow corp members to shoot at each other and was meant for the purpose of testing load-outs or corp tournaments which are all good fun.

I left the game for a while and when i came back started up my old corporation and started a new crew. We have tried to be careful who we recruit but have now had 3 characters shoot down our corp mates for fun before leaving or being kicked from the corp. Now admittedly the first one duped my 2nd in command who didn't do any background checking but the second 2 appeared OK. full API keys nothing majorly wrong i had a bad feeling but we decided to give them a shot after we had a long chat to them on our TS Server. they worked so hard to convince us that they were honest decent people and i think that's just taking it too far.

I believe this to be an abuse of what was meant for good fun and believe that shooting at corp members should only be allowed through a duel. wanting to see what everyone elses opinions are related to this issue and get some developer feedback also.

Look forward to your responses

Regards

Apoc UK

http://zkillboard.com/detail/33450517/

whoops
Captain Firefly Morgan
Killmail Crusaders
#44 - 2013-09-27 07:15:54 UTC
Tenaris Zeratul wrote:
APOC UK wrote:
So hears my idea.

I think this game has come a long way over the years but one thing that i think has stayed behind the times is the ability for corp members to shoot at each other without putting an official duel in place in advance.

Why is this a problem i hear you all ask?

Well as you know there are many griefers in this game who take advantage of corps who are recruiting,

They get through the security checks somehow and then Bam!!! there goes an expensive ship up in smoke.

I know this has been a feature of the game since its birth to allow corp members to shoot at each other and was meant for the purpose of testing load-outs or corp tournaments which are all good fun.

I left the game for a while and when i came back started up my old corporation and started a new crew. We have tried to be careful who we recruit but have now had 3 characters shoot down our corp mates for fun before leaving or being kicked from the corp. Now admittedly the first one duped my 2nd in command who didn't do any background checking but the second 2 appeared OK. full API keys nothing majorly wrong i had a bad feeling but we decided to give them a shot after we had a long chat to them on our TS Server. they worked so hard to convince us that they were honest decent people and i think that's just taking it too far.

I believe this to be an abuse of what was meant for good fun and believe that shooting at corp members should only be allowed through a duel. wanting to see what everyone elses opinions are related to this issue and get some developer feedback also.

Look forward to your responses

Regards

Apoc UK

http://zkillboard.com/detail/33450517/

whoops

http://pastebin.com/irjpGAvJ Whoopsie daisy!
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#45 - 2013-09-27 07:47:36 UTC
Firstly, the second I looked at the thread, I knew there had to be an awox or two in your past. But 3? That made me laugh.

The fact of the matter is that there are a few legitimate reasons why corp members need to be able to shoot at each other. Teaching one another pvp tricks and tips, or teaching fleet combat against other corp fleets is a good one.

It so happens that this can also be used to awox your own corp. Oh well. The thing is, plenty of people make the rules as they exist work just fine for them, so why can't you?

What an awox really does, as far as the aftermath, is make a good, tight-knit corp better, and a weak-wristed, spineless corp moreso. Deal with it, kick them, move on. And if not? Well, your corp would not have stood up to the first competent wardec either.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

culo duro
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2013-09-27 08:00:37 UTC
You guys are talking about the wrong problem honestly.

The problem isn't that you can be awox'd, the problem is that you can use logi that doesn't go suspect unless you're at war.
Then there's the other problem which is that it's only on a corp level... not alliance.

It really isn't about that awoxing is possible, it's about that awoxing favours the awoxer so much, because he can strike when someone is alone, and no one knows about it untill it happens.
I guess you can stretch that to spys aswell, however spys is a whole other game honestly.

I gotta agree with that guy that wrote that awoxing got nothing to do with risk vs reward, atleast at the current setup.

I personally think awoxing is okay, however i think it's hilarious with those dudes that awox and claim they do pro pvp because of it.

I've starting blogging http://www.epvpc.blogspot.comĀ 

Dream Kim
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#47 - 2013-10-02 22:16:08 UTC
culo duro wrote:
i think it's hilarious with those dudes that awox and claim they do pro pvp because of it.

Like who?
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-10-02 22:39:22 UTC
Dream Kim wrote:
culo duro wrote:
i think it's hilarious with those dudes that awox and claim they do pro pvp because of it.

Like who?

Everyone who has ever awoxed..
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#49 - 2013-10-02 22:53:11 UTC
There is no amount of legwork that can be done to prevent Awoxing. You can check APIs, whatever. It should be castrated.
Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#50 - 2013-10-02 23:00:26 UTC
Security checks are important. It's not really CCP's fault to alter the game because someone in your corp dropped the ball.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2013-10-02 23:19:49 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
Security checks are important. It's not really CCP's fault to alter the game because someone in your corp dropped the ball.

Security checks only go so far.

I've seen people start an account just for the sheer sake of awoxing.

there's no security check for that.
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#52 - 2013-10-02 23:23:18 UTC
"Bawwww I got awox'd make the mean people go away"
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2013-10-02 23:50:47 UTC
The worth of a corporation is the trust between its members. Trust that can not be broken isn't trust.
Dream Kim
#54 - 2013-10-03 00:02:37 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Maximus Andendare wrote:

Yes there is.

It's called an SP minimum.
Dream Kim
#55 - 2013-10-03 00:03:10 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Dream Kim wrote:
culo duro wrote:

Like who?

Again, who? Got any quotes?
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#56 - 2013-10-03 00:22:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe Risalo
Dream Kim wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
Dream Kim wrote:
culo duro wrote:

Like who?

Again, who? Got any quotes?

Wow.....
Troll mor?

Sure... let me just go dig through my journal I keep of all the people that have awoxed someone I know.

It's right below all the people that can flipped myself or anyone I know, but just above all the people who have suicide ganked myself or anyone I know...

Cause I've kept track of that crap since I started... Just like everyone else in Eve... Seriously.. Go troll the WoW forums...
Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
#57 - 2013-10-03 08:55:02 UTC
Personally threads like this cause terrible grief for me, and get this right: CCP HASNT EVEN PUT IN A MECHANIC TO STOP THEM!!!!!!!!

Where can I write my letter of complaint to?

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Velicitia
XS Tech
#58 - 2013-10-03 09:47:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
Firstly, who would ever trust anyone named Tenaris Zeratul or Captain Firefly Morgan?

Secondly, If we're not flame-grilling the OP (and his alleged alt-supporters) ... can we bring Phased Plasma or Antimatter and grill them with that? Pirate

On Topic:

I really can't get behind this -- the mechanic is (as mentioned out) in place to allow corps to handle things internally ... just happens that some people use it to cause drama... wonder whatever happened to awox anyway (yes kids, "awoxing" is named after the first pilot to have done it).

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#59 - 2013-10-03 16:29:49 UTC
Concorde (same for suspect status and sec status hits) should never be involved as a result of any action between two corp members. The corp is sacred.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#60 - 2013-10-03 16:41:57 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:
Maximus Andendare wrote:

How about you actually do personality checks on them?
I guess there's no way you would know how to do that since you have to awox first to know what to look for.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.