These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#181 - 2013-09-27 06:35:03 UTC
Rhes wrote:
blue dehazon wrote:
Second expansion whid more nerf to hi sec,whis i newer trained all may acconts and som alts for PI.nowe custom office will be the new pirat tool,pirat probe to steal your stuff in pos more pirat stuff.CCP neglect a larg part of the player base in hisec.Cool whit som neew ships but thats it.

Highsec POCOs are for Goons.

Then you better get your Dust side sorted lol
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#182 - 2013-09-27 06:42:55 UTC
I really appreciate the warp speed feature change. In any game i play i gravitate towards the fastest 'class' available, mainly a preference but also because speed increases both offensive and defensive ability, but only when used skillfully. In eve tackling and speed based roles are under represented, for example, my corporation found it odd that i would request to fly a very fast dual prop interception style armor cruiser in a hac fleet. When I demonstrated that quick ships can secure more kills than longer distance tackle modules, the interception cruiser became a specialized role in the fleet. Its great that ccp is reinforcing this playstyle because it is fun to be a part of.

Question though, is warp speed going to be static, or will it change based on mass/max velocity of your ship?

If it doesnt change based on mass or max velocity and is simply an arbitrary assigned value, will it be increased via any modules? Will warp velocity optimizer rigs increase acceleration in warp? Will the t3 warp speed subsystems make them warp awesomely fast?

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#183 - 2013-09-27 06:43:55 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Scythi Magellen wrote:
Of course I'm also still waiting for the station to let us walk around - its dull sitting on a couch wondering if the crap engineers will ever fix that pesky airlock problem behind the door...Roll
Remember Incarna?

Incarna almost destroyed the entire game. We should be trying to forget it ever happened.

No, Incarna didn't almost destroy anything. Overreacting, hysteric herdmental basement dwellers with entitlement issues gone full ****** is what almost destroyed the game, luckily all they achieved was a broken pixel statue.

Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#184 - 2013-09-27 06:49:49 UTC
ginsu gnife wrote:
As someone who has played this game for a very long time, I appreciate what ccp is trying to do. .... all the people over reacting need to calm down. Low sec is running just fine with player owned customs offices.

Exactly! They are fine now, but they're going to be royally nerfed!

I used to have a very good and profitable profession of re-processing low-tier PI materials into high-tier. But that involved some work and dedication as well, because all of the profit would have disappeared if I did it in hisec, due to tax. What they are suggesting now is
- load a freighter in Jita
- run a couple of jumps away to you POCO
- reprocess
- run a couple of jumps back
- PROFIT!

No risk, no efforts, just pure boredom of clickfest.

So I dont see any good in that "feature". Instead, it removes a good portion of gameplay, and does not create any new contents. There are way too many planets in hisec, there will not be any competition whatsoever.
Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#185 - 2013-09-27 06:53:21 UTC
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#186 - 2013-09-27 07:03:01 UTC
Roime wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Scythi Magellen wrote:
Of course I'm also still waiting for the station to let us walk around - its dull sitting on a couch wondering if the crap engineers will ever fix that pesky airlock problem behind the door...Roll
Remember Incarna?

Incarna almost destroyed the entire game. We should be trying to forget it ever happened.

No, Incarna didn't almost destroy anything. Overreacting, hysteric herdmental basement dwellers with entitlement issues gone full ****** is what almost destroyed the game, luckily all they achieved was a broken pixel statue.

Considering the state of ship balance (ie no balance) when incarna was released, i think the community response was more than justified. Ccp is in a better state currently but dont have the resources to put together meaningful avatar gameplay.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#187 - 2013-09-27 07:03:06 UTC
Intead, they should have done it vice versa. ALL of the industry in hisec should be havily taxed.
You want to make a 800mm autocannon? Sure, just get the 3 mil worth of minerals and pay 3 mil for renting a production slot at NPC station. THAT would be a massive boost to industry in player-controlled space, which is nullsec and WH.

Or just let us kill CONCORD.
Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#188 - 2013-09-27 07:23:57 UTC
The link between Eve and Dust are crucial , especially now where Dust is at a critical level. Dust needs to be a household name in Eve . I can think of no better way than POCO conflict to create this link and promote a deeper level of game play in New Eden. CCP do it ! Lol
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#189 - 2013-09-27 07:25:02 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Roime wrote:
Rhes wrote:

Lol +1
AspiB'elt
Les chevaliers de l'ordre
Goonswarm Federation
#190 - 2013-09-27 07:30:51 UTC
Also CCP :

What is the news about :

Tracking disruptor ( malus on missile) .
Rebalancing pirate ship (Frigate , cruiser , BS).
Lens ( less range possibility but two lens in the same range with damage split beetween EM and thermal 80% 20% and 20% 80%)
Alliance taxe on the transaction (market etc ...)
Revamp POS.

Have you some plan on Rubicon about this subject.
marVLs
#191 - 2013-09-27 07:53:29 UTC  |  Edited by: marVLs
Im disappointed... Sad it's not an expansion, it's just patch. To call it expansion it should have more stuff.

Only thing that saves it from being terrible to just "meeh" are those SOE ships, and only because they look so incredible cool.

CCP why You taking some new directions without fixing first the old stufQuestionAttention

Another disturbing thing is that from several expansions each of them is getting less and less content...

Even main themes of expansions starts to have almost no new content like Odyssey.
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#192 - 2013-09-27 08:03:09 UTC
You know how much trolling we will be able to do with those siphons? Especially if they can be used in high sec where you don't have to worry about guns so much. Lol
Anthony Blunt
Appenzeller Kantonal Bank
#193 - 2013-09-27 08:09:16 UTC
Henriette Malia Alette wrote:

Seriously.. if u really are tired of us players, that seeks the PVE, a more relaxing or different approach then PVP of any sort - why not simply make that statement in a nice CCP blog, and be done with it... and we can take our hats and go..

Some of the stuff coming in Rubicon - is nice.. but once u start reading between the lines - if u cant see that this is a path leading to turning all of EVE into NS.. well..

You just have to look at the historical event that gives this expansion its name "Rubicon" With the crossing of the Rubicon Julius Caesar Crossed with a Token army into Italy Proper. This was the starting point of the civil wars in Italy which ended with the Foundation of the empire and the end of the republic.

CCP claims the "capsuleers will be seizing power from the empire" and attempts to beguile us with an image of the crossing of the Rubicon as the beginning of a journey into new spaces. This is not the true This is the Foundation of the empire, focussed inwards towards highsec..

My best advice for those high sec dwellers who do not wish to be a part of the New Empire is to follow the lead of of the Senate and Flee Rome..

"if you're not having fun in a sandbox, it's not the Sands fault" Jenn aSide

Ilaister
Binary Aesthetics
#194 - 2013-09-27 08:15:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Ilaister
POCOS in Highsec

Pew happening right infront of carebears' eyes. Not their barge going flash/bang, not a grim tide of catalysts fleetwarping to their freighter, a timer that they can form for, hire mercs for, call friends for. You know, a conflict driver.

If the CFC or whoever decides it's worth their time to grind them for tears then their whining over the Null Sov mechanics - where they can use their superlative structure bashing tools, where there are far fewer targets and the rewards are far greater - is so much hot air.... I doubt this. Very much.
+1

Deployable Structures

Affects my corp's gameplay little. More tools for us to play with though, and the basis of something the playerbase has been crying out for for for an age. Bypassing the POS spaghetticode instead of a rework? Fine, but I hope they're quick about it.
+1

Ship Rebalancing

More winsauce from ex-players who iterate extremely responsively to player concerns about their work. Not perfect now? Maybe not. But better all the time.
+1

New Ships

Sexy as all hell - in form aswell as function. Vague on the function part though... why so early in their development if they form part of a Winter expansion that is being deployed early...? Don't really care. Just give me several.
+10

Certs by Any Other Name

Whatever. Get noobs, retain noobs, get them flying their PvP ships better faster so there are more targets to shoot at however you feel necessary.
0_0

CCP seems to be driving at a lot of things we all want. They are doing so without promising jam tomorrow, and failing to deliver, or burning out their devs.

The lack of new content, especially in W-space, where there is a total lack of any kind of conflict driver, is saddening. And still no T3 sub swaps at POSes....

But one thing at a time no?
Maliandra
Doomheim
#195 - 2013-09-27 08:18:41 UTC
Well there is a fundamental problem to this idea: It draws more people into hi-sec.

I'm sorry, but isn't hi-sec kind of an issue right now? The expansions to this game should be motivating us to LEAVE hi-sec.

Bleh, CCP logic for ya.
Wyn Pharoh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#196 - 2013-09-27 08:19:32 UTC
Deployable Automatic tractor beam and looting device

Interesting isk/hr accelerator for every entity in Eve NOT living in Drone Regions.

CCP, please get busy adding loot drops back to Drone regions, or increase bounties again to compensate for the absolute waste of time it is now to wreck out anything in drone space. This new deployable structure will have only the most marginal of values, if really any at all, for an entire quadrant of space that already suffers from a variety of ills that were once partially compensated by the unique drone drop mechanics.

Unaddressed, I really see this as yet another nerf to Drones, further deepening the value gap between these regions and anywhere else in Eve.

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#197 - 2013-09-27 08:19:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Rhivre
marVLs wrote:
Im disappointed... Sad it's not an expansion, it's just patch. To call it expansion it should have more stuff.

Only thing that saves it from being terrible to just "meeh" are those SOE ships, and only because they look so incredible cool.

CCP why You taking some new directions without fixing first the old stufQuestionAttention

Another disturbing thing is that from several expansions each of them is getting less and less content...

Even main themes of expansions starts to have almost no new content like Odyssey.

No stuff?

I have played £40 expansions in other games with less new stuff.

What you actually mean is "I did not get stuff that I wanted"
Frank Maulerant
Vizan's Covert Network
#198 - 2013-09-27 08:23:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Frank Maulerant
Rhes wrote:

WiS is currently a single room with a couch. Dust is a failing console shooter. Neither of them have anything to do with Eve Online.

Actually it is.
WiS was promised to be made in Incarna update. And the mechanics of quarters,station's locations and minigames was shown on a fanfest. (Still remember the "station square" and that bar with board mini-game)

But as a result,we only have the captains quarters.

Hope i've made that clear.
Cheers.
Ilaister
Binary Aesthetics
#199 - 2013-09-27 08:26:32 UTC
Wyn Pharoh wrote:
Deployable Automatic tractor beam and looting device

Interesting isk/hr accelerator for every entity in Eve NOT living in Drone Regions.

CCP, please get busy adding loot drops back to Drone regions, or increase bounties again to compensate for the absolute waste of time it is now to wreck out anything in drone space. This new deployable structure will have only the most marginal of values, if really any at all, for an entire quadrant of space that already suffers from a variety of ills that were once partially compensated by the unique drone drop mechanics.

Unaddressed, I really see this as yet another nerf to Drones, further deepening the value gap between these regions and anywhere else in Eve.

If all you care about is ISK/hr then you deserve to live in that wasteland.

Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#200 - 2013-09-27 08:28:23 UTC
Ilaister wrote:
POCOS in Highsec

Pew happening right infront of carebears' eyes. Not their barge going flash/bang, not a grim tide of catalysts fleetwarping to their freighter, a timer that they can form for, hire mercs for, call friends for. You know, a conflict driver.

If the CFC or whoever decides it's worth their time to grind them for tears then their whining over the Null Sov mechanics - where they can use their superlative structure bashing tools, where there are far fewer targets and the rewards are far greater - is so much hot air.... I doubt this. Very much.
+1

You Sir get's it ....The conflict will be on a smaller scale where the rules are different. As an eve player you will feel like a Demi God ..Large and in Charge :) . So stop over reacting about high sec its going to be a blast lol.

Btw this will not be about big ass alliances....and if it becomes "there are a few new kids on the block to recon with".