These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

OMG SOE SHIPS

First post
Author
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#1 - 2013-09-26 23:19:39 UTC
Thank you CCP.

I don't even know what they are for. What are they for? This is going to change play styles.

What will we do with them? I'm having too much if a nerdgasm to find out. All those SOE LPs saved for this very day!

Quick! Some easy info! Somebody! Anybody!

Looking forward to this next expansion.

(while I clean up)

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-09-26 23:24:33 UTC
Right now their primary purpose seems to be nerd spooge extraction.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#3 - 2013-09-26 23:26:10 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:
Right now their primary purpose seems to be nerd spooge extraction.

Mission accomplished. I'm typing with one hand.

(having celebratory rum and cola the size of Cleveland with the other - what did you think I was doing?)

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

CCP Manifest
CCP Retirement Home
#4 - 2013-09-26 23:26:20 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Thank you CCP.

I don't even know what they are for. What are they for? This is going to change play styles.

What will we do with them? I'm having too much if a nerdgasm to find out. All those SOE LPs saved for this very day!

(while I clean up)

These ships were basically made for one of my favorite playstyles and my main char's crosstraining... covops, some pvp some pve, drones and armor tanking.... so to have them look that awesome and be delivered on my actual birthday. I really considered cutting out my own tongue and lopping off my fingers just so I wouldn't give the surprise away...

But somewhere deep within myself I found the strength to keep them a secret. I'll be your first customer in game.

======== o7 _CCP Manifest | Public Relations and Social Media | @ccp_manifest_

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-09-26 23:29:10 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Thank you CCP.

(while I clean up)

These ships were basically made for one of my favorite playstyles and my main char's crosstraining... covops, some pvp some pve, drones and armor tanking.... so to have them look that awesome and be delivered on my actual birthday. I really considered cutting out my own tongue and lopping off my fingers just so I wouldn't give the surprise away...

But somewhere deep within myself I found the strength to keep them a secret. I'll be your first customer in game.

More covops the better. I hope there will be a drone boat that can drop sentries and be a cov ops.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-09-26 23:30:17 UTC
You'll be tired of them 2 weeks after they come out, then begin waiting for the next "Expansion"
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-09-26 23:32:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Jada Maroo
CCP Manifest wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Thank you CCP.

(while I clean up)

The only real problem I see with them is that they seem drone dependent for DPS. And in WHs, where this kind of ship would naturally get a lot of use -- and I suppose plexes now too - drones are pretty quickly targeted.
Dar Saleem
VDD Logistics
#8 - 2013-09-26 23:34:07 UTC
Perfect opertunity to bring a covop logi, doesn't have to be as good as AT ship but it can fill a much needed niche
PotatoOverdose
Royal Black Watch Highlanders
#9 - 2013-09-26 23:34:08 UTC
Soulpirate wrote:
You'll be tired of them 2 weeks after they come out, then begin waiting for the next "Expansion"

That depends entirely on the ship. I'm not tired of my Tengu or my Proteus and apocrypha released what, over four years ago?

And my Tornado, released 2 years ago, is pretty swell too.

Donbe Scurred
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-09-26 23:34:45 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
so to have them look that awesome and be delivered on my actual birthday.

Happy BirthdayLol
Tuggboat
Oneida Inc.
#11 - 2013-09-26 23:35:10 UTC
Wonder if that cruiser can replace the tengu in exploration?
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#12 - 2013-09-26 23:47:33 UTC
Please include a Battleship Hull in the expansion!

Hugs and kisses!

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#13 - 2013-09-27 00:23:37 UTC
Point. Drones for PvE is pretty much a joke; either they're all insta-popped by rats, or you can go AFK and let the drones do all the heavy lifting.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Kueyen
Angharradh's Aegis
#14 - 2013-09-27 00:40:18 UTC
Finally I can give up on a life of crime flying Guristas ships and reveal my true, benevolent nature by flying these symbols of humanitarianism.

But, why is the main high-sec source for LP for this Gallente-Amarr faction in Caldari space?

Unnerf Inesmir Jimud in Gicodel! L4 high-sec Sisters of EVE security agents in each of the 4 empire factions' space!

Until all are free...

Mr Beardsley
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2013-09-27 00:47:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Beardsley
Makoto Priano wrote:
Point. Drones for PvE is pretty much a joke; either they're all insta-popped by rats, or you can go AFK and let the drones do all the heavy lifting.

Exactly. They might as well just get rid of drones altogether at this point. Their an AFK button for the easier missions and completely worthless in the others. For PVP mobile drones are a joke except for the odd heavy used against a BC, or sentries in huge fleets. Ewar types are pathetically weak, both in effect and durability.

Kueyen wrote:
Finally I can give up on a life of crime flying Guristas ships and reveal my true, benevolent nature by flying these symbols of humanitarianism.

But, why is the main high-sec source for LP for this Gallente-Amarr faction in Caldari space?

Unnerf Inesmir Jimud in Gicodel! L4 high-sec Sisters of EVE security agents in each of the 4 empire factions' space!

This..a thousand times this. A universal organization has exactly ONE agent worth using in all of high-sec?
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#16 - 2013-09-27 00:49:07 UTC
So. Random idea.

What if we made these destroyers/battlecruisers instead of frigates/cruisers? Then they wouldn't directly compete with CovOps/T3s in the exploration role, and we'd have our first pirate destroyers/BCs -- and you also wouldn't have to deal with that nagging question of, "Where's the battleship?" ;)

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Mr Beardsley
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2013-09-27 01:00:29 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
So. Random idea.

What if we made these destroyers/battlecruisers instead of frigates/cruisers? Then they wouldn't directly compete with CovOps/T3s in the exploration role, and we'd have our first pirate destroyers/BCs -- and you also wouldn't have to deal with that nagging question of, "Where's the battleship?" ;)

"Our first pirate destroyers/BCs"..? The entire Minmatar fleet would like a word, and I believe I hear a Catalyst yelling in the background.
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#18 - 2013-09-27 01:50:44 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Thank you CCP.

(while I clean up)

Manifest, how many bacon-sprinkled cupcakes did you have to send to Hilmar, etc, to get this stuff released on your birthday? :P
Twisted Chick
Frontier Adventurers
#19 - 2013-09-27 01:56:17 UTC
Oh please keep the color scheme! Also they look amazing :3

Title: She who hunts Pandas

"Remember you can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!"

~Pinkamena Diane Pie~
Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2013-09-27 02:04:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyancat Audeles
CCP Manifest wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Thank you CCP.

(while I clean up)

This is awesome.
123Next page