These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Winter expansion that releases a month before Fall ends... nice.

First post
Author
Forseti Valkyrie
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-09-26 23:10:13 UTC
Does CCP have any idea what they are doing? Honestly. This was an announcement that was announced by an announcement. They have revealed virtually nothing but more speculation. No details about anything other than, "Uh, we're doing some things.... uh.. ummm. Ya. Keep buying PLEX k."
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Crouching Woman Hidden Cucumber
#2 - 2013-09-26 23:11:33 UTC
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:
Does CCP have any idea what they are doing? Honestly. This was an announcement that was announced by an announcement. They have revealed virtually nothing but more speculation. No details about anything other than, "Uh, we're doing some things.... uh.. ummm. Ya. Keep buying PLEX k."

Turns out its quicker when you don't make any content.
CCP Manifest
CCP Retirement Home
#3 - 2013-09-26 23:15:26 UTC
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:

I have never had any idea what I am doing, and my space Donald Sutherland avatar is now so old that he's starting to develop a charming, yet still tragic case of Alzheimer's and relying solely on The Nanites to clean out his evacuation and sterilize his pod. What month is it anyways?

Actually, you know there was only one pre-announcement which was announcing the time of the live stream. I suppose we could have nested several layers of announcement more, so maybe for the Christmas in July expansion that happens in February we'll do that ;)

======== o7 _CCP Manifest | Public Relations and Social Media | @ccp_manifest_

Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-09-26 23:19:55 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
......., so maybe for the Christmas in July expansion that happens in February we'll do that ;)

LOL
Sir Spottington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-09-26 23:21:00 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:

I have never had any idea what I am doing, and my space Donald Sutherland avatar is now so old that he's starting to develop a charming, yet still tragic case of Alzheimer's and relying solely on The Nanites to clean out his evacuation and sterilize his pod. What month is it anyways?

Actually, you know there was only one pre-announcement which was announcing the time of the live stream. I suppose we could have nested several layers of announcement more, so maybe for the Christmas in July expansion that happens in February we'll do that ;)

that right there is why i love ccp lol
Ten Bulls
Sons of Olsagard
#6 - 2013-09-26 23:21:17 UTC
"Winter expansion that releases a month before Fall ends..."

Summer expansion that releases a month before Spring ends... (for those in the logn forgotten southern hemisphere)

But more seriously, how about referring to 2nd and 4th quarter releases, eve players are not so dumb, give them some credit.

Alex Grison
Grison Universal
#7 - 2013-09-26 23:21:55 UTC
EvE Online: Seasonal Confusion and indirect misnomers

yes

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-09-26 23:28:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Fredfredbug4
Is this really a big deal? Aren't you happy that you're getting A LOT of new content sooner than later? Considering that we haven't heard an announcement until now and this is CCP we are talking about I'm actually impressed they are releasing it as early as they are.

Jeez, this community will whine about anything.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#9 - 2013-09-26 23:37:49 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:

Post full of Win.
Cool

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Turelus
Utassi Security
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#10 - 2013-09-27 00:46:30 UTC
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69 wrote:
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:

I kind of have to agree with this. The expansion is very lacking (more so than Odyssey) it looks more like a 1.2 release currently.
I was watching the streaming think "soon they'll announce the big content revamp or addition" it never came.

Now don't get me wrong as I have said in other areas I have mentioned this I do believe it will have a lot of fun stuff and the continued balancing is nice. I just don't see the "theme" they're working on for this release, it's just a bunch of toys and nothing more.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

CCP Falcon
#11 - 2013-09-27 01:32:40 UTC
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:

You wanna try living in Iceland buddy, it's winter all year round. Lol

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture
#12 - 2013-09-27 01:36:13 UTC
Alex Grison wrote:
EvE Online: Seasonal Confusion and indirect misnomers

In other news, CCP has just announced a St. Patty's Day celebration that will kick off next week.
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-09-27 01:36:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project's Alt
Turelus wrote:
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:

I kind of have to agree with this. The expansion is very lacking (more so than Odyssey) it looks more like a 1.2 release currently.
I was watching the streaming think "soon they'll announce the big content revamp or addition" it never came.

Now don't get me wrong as I have said in other areas I have mentioned this I do believe it will have a lot of fun stuff and the continued balancing is nice. I just don't see the "theme" they're working on for this release, it's just a bunch of toys and nothing more.
"New Content", to use your terms, is every new thing they give us that expands on the ways players can interact with each other.

Given the fact that they said they introduce these new thingies to create more conflict,
it's save to say that there'll be a lot more content coming at us.

The interceptor changes alone will create a LOT of new content for a lot of people ...

By chance you've meant "consumeable content" ... well ... too bad.
Neither most the community, nor the developer actually favour that.

(edit: Yes, i can safely say that, because that's what's happening.)
(if the community seriously favoured PvE, CCP would create this stuff for you)
(... but they don't.)

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Chaotica Donma
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-09-27 01:37:45 UTC
I'm wondering myself if this is the sum total of what they're planning on releasing. I know they've said that a couple of things were still early in development, so I wonder if the things that are feature complete will free up additional developers to work on something on the "feature backlog" list. Obviously it wouldn't be anything big at this late stage, but one can dream.

Also I hate myself for using so many agile development buzzwords. AFK to flog the agile out of myself.

Catch me Thursdays and Saturdays at Midnight GMT on Split Infinity Radio

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#15 - 2013-09-27 01:41:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Turelus wrote:
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:

You do know that the whole game is a bunch of toys right?
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#16 - 2013-09-27 09:56:42 UTC
CCP Manifest wrote:

I have never had any idea what I am doing,

So that's why you ended up in PR? ;)

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

John Holt
State War Academy
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-09-27 10:10:59 UTC
Of all the things to complain about....

Done my time in null sec, now I'm just a Privateer wandering around High and Low Sec.

Christopher AET
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-09-27 10:13:13 UTC
.....Comment about stuff goes here......

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

Lugalbandak
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-09-27 10:14:34 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:

yeah lol , almost need a warm jacket the entire facking year where i come from

some ppl has it too good

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-09-27 11:10:10 UTC
Lugalbandak wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Forseti Valkyrie wrote:

yeah lol , almost need a warm jacket the entire facking year where i come from

some ppl has it too good

The cold makes us strong! And smart.

And really good-looking.

Seriously though, if late november isn't wintery enough for you: grab your coat, put some traveling shoes on, take a thermos of hot cocoa and start heading north. Pfft, southeners...
12Next page