These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#81 - 2013-09-26 22:06:19 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:
Walking in Stations and DUST 514, both ignored. Again. Thanks for nothing.

Neither one of those things have anything to do with Eve.

Incorrect. Both need to be iterated on, alongside balance changes and new ships, in order to compete in an environment where EVE is seeing it's first competitors in years in it's genre and playstyle. DUST needs more representation in the EVE client, and a greater role in the game design. There needs to be a reason for players to interact across New Eden.

WiS remains the most important element in selling the combined EVE/DUST/Valkyrie universe.

Eve is spaceships.

spaceships are just a tool to accomplish certain tasks
other tasks can be accomplished without using a spaceship at all

so basically your overall understanding of eve and it's many metagaming aspects is very low.
Horus V
The Destined
#82 - 2013-09-26 22:06:20 UTC
No WiS, no corp improvment, no pos improvment. This isnt an expansion sorry. Its a little patch with some tweaks from what I can see. :(

V

Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#83 - 2013-09-26 22:06:37 UTC
Everything mentioned here is nothing but a extra headache for anyone not having the backing of a super-powerful alliance or the time to watch their PoS 23/7. For the same reason controlling the PoCos will be out of question for many casual players.

The Rubicon is indeed a good name because CCP crossed the point of no return and I don't want to follow them into whatever hell EVE is being turned into.

I regret having re-subscribed and this is my last account to go. Goodbye

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-09-26 22:07:42 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:
Mhax Arthie wrote:
Balancing forever, that should be a much more proper expansion name than Rubicon. Even Odisey 1.1 had more features than this so called expansion. No new content, no new features, is all about rebalancing .. again and again. I was seriously hoping for player built gates, opening of Jove space or at least the damn door in the CQ,.. this is hilarious. I feel that CCP somehow abandoned EVE and now is focusing only on Dust or that valkirye stuff

And giving away the pocos in hi sec.. really?! So any null sec alliance can take them over for **** and giggles and halt any PI production in hi sec for noobs and eventualy crash the PI market. Came excited, left extremely disapointed :/ 0/10

anyone will be able to attack those highsec poco's .. without concord intervention
the owner player/corp/alliance will be free to set taxation rates

if you think the tax rates are too high .. LAUNCH YOUR **** DIRECTLY INTO SPACE and pay no tax, your not forced to use the orbiting POCO .... it's not rocket science

Except that anyone that actually does PI seriously generates too much production for the command center to launch. The launch timer is prohibitive and m3 is ridiculously prohibitive. Yes it works in a pinch, but only for P2/P3 Commodities and lower ... with P4 Commodities at 100m3/unit you would only be able to launch 3 units and then wait an exorbitant amount of time to try to launch more...

Sounds great, but in practice it's not that simple.

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Vald Tegor
Empyrean Guard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#85 - 2013-09-26 22:07:43 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Karak Terrel wrote:
Now those depots are a nice idea. But what is preventing high sec miners from anchoring them directly in the belt and get a save can (yes you can shoot it, but there will be a reinforced mechanic)? Or is that intended? Doesn't that make the ships with the large ore hold obsolete? am i missing something?

All you get is a suspect flag for shooting depots, so you'll probably want to be careful as to how and where you use them. People will be out looking to blow up your pretty toys, as it should bePirate.

More likely to be used in docking games just off the undock. Refitting mid-fight to get an edge or stash away the bling mods inside before they go down.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2013-09-26 22:09:48 UTC
SKINE DMZ wrote:
Now you're just trolling.

I'm really not.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#87 - 2013-09-26 22:10:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Schmata Bastanold
Vald Tegor wrote:

More likely to be used in docking games just off the undock. Refitting mid-fight to get an edge or stash away the bling mods inside before they go down.

Nobody said anything about docking in them, just stash and refit so maybe you will be very vulnerable during refitting like everything disabled even under fire. Which would be funny for probing those structures and just wait under cloak for owner to warp in and spring this trap on himself :)

Invalid signature format

Vald Tegor
Empyrean Guard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#88 - 2013-09-26 22:11:10 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:

anyone will be able to attack those highsec poco's .. without concord intervention

if you think the tax rates are too high .. LAUNCH YOUR **** DIRECTLY INTO SPACE and pay no tax, your not forced to use the orbiting POCO .... it's not rocket science

Please enlighten us on your magical ways of making P4's without the use of a POCO

Also citation needed on Concord and POCO's, I understood that to be related to depots not POCOs.
Mhax Arthie
Doomheim
#89 - 2013-09-26 22:11:13 UTC
Kassasis Dakkstromri wrote:

At present High sec planets have virtually no value in comparison to Low/Null/W-Space counter parts. So to hear CCP Fozzie speak today on EVE TV about fights over valuable High Sec planets seems 'odd' - the only value for those that are heavily invested in Planetary Interface has been as a safe haven for High-Tech Commodities production since the implementation of POCO's in Low Sec on Temperate and Barren planets with a static taxation rate.

This seems insufficient to constitute presuming any High Sec planets to be 'valuable'.

Hence the promotion of the idea that there will be greater immersive game play based on competition for 'valuable planets' in High sec is disingenuous at the most, and a 'gaffe' in the least; unless there is a parallel and slight re-balancing of the resource concentrations to create high value planets in High Sec without dissolving the current hierarchy of PI Resource Concentrations being commensurate with greater risk - which absolutely should be maintained.

Moving the sliding scale of PI further to the right 'across the board' will help bring a reality to the statement of 'valuable' High Sec planets - of which currently there are none.

Dude, PI is not only about extraction! You buy the raw material in Jita, then 1 jump later you build P2-3 stuff. And the raw material is cheap just because noobs extract them in hi sec and sell it for nothing in the trade hubs. If you know what are you doing, PI can be much more profitable in hi sec than in low or null. I bet that the next day after the new expansion release, all pocos around the major trade hubs will be taken over by the main null sec alliances and this could seriously impact the whole market, including ship productions.
Hammer Crendraven
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2013-09-26 22:13:00 UTC
Well CCP has been trying to get more player interaction going in high sec. And this expansion is going to do just that.
Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#91 - 2013-09-26 22:13:20 UTC
Vald Tegor wrote:
Kitty Bear wrote:

Please enlighten us on your magical ways of making P4's without the use of a POCO

Also citation needed on Concord and POCO's, I understood that to be related to depots not POCOs.

I can confirm that statement from CCP Fozzie today on EVE TV @ 2000 UTC announcement for Rubicon.

He said very clearly and unambiguously that POCO's will NOT be protected by Concord (paraphrasing)

Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#92 - 2013-09-26 22:16:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Kassasis Dakkstromri
Mhax Arthie wrote:
Kassasis Dakkstromri wrote:

At present High sec planets have virtually no value in comparison to Low/Null/W-Space counter parts. So to hear CCP Fozzie speak today on EVE TV about fights over valuable High Sec planets seems 'odd' - the only value for those that are heavily invested in Planetary Interface has been as a safe haven for High-Tech Commodities production since the implementation of POCO's in Low Sec on Temperate and Barren planets with a static taxation rate.

This seems insufficient to constitute presuming any High Sec planets to be 'valuable'.

Hence the promotion of the idea that there will be greater immersive game play based on competition for 'valuable planets' in High sec is disingenuous at the most, and a 'gaffe' in the least; unless there is a parallel and slight re-balancing of the resource concentrations to create high value planets in High Sec without dissolving the current hierarchy of PI Resource Concentrations being commensurate with greater risk - which absolutely should be maintained.

Moving the sliding scale of PI further to the right 'across the board' will help bring a reality to the statement of 'valuable' High Sec planets - of which currently there are none.

Dude, PI is not only about extraction! You buy the raw material in Jita, then 1 jump later you build P2-3 stuff. And the raw material is cheap just because noobs extract them in hi sec and sell it for nothing in the trade hubs. If you know what are you doing, PI can be much more profitable in hi sec than in low or null. I bet that the next day after the new expansion release, all pocos around the major trade hubs will be taken over by the main null sec alliances and this could seriously impact the whole market, including ship productions.

Point taken - again though my statements are just the 'reasoning' behind the question. in my opinion the marginal value of purchasing P1/P2 and refining is not where the real profit is, but I'm more than happy to apologize for not taking that into account in my reasoning behind the question :)

None the less CCP Fozzie's statement was indicative of extraction, and it's highly dubious that his statements about POCO's can be taken any other way for those that watched it on twitch today.

Karak Terrel
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#93 - 2013-09-26 22:17:51 UTC
Deviana Sevidon wrote:

May I ask for your stuff if you leave and no longer use it? I will put it to good use <3
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#94 - 2013-09-26 22:20:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Inxentas Ultramar
My main concerns about this POCO business is whether or not a wardec is needed to take them down. The cost of taking them would be to high should they indeed be claimed by a large bloc. I'm not that concerned about 0.0 powers moving in to claim these POCO's as they can't bring their caps obviously, and there are lots of small lowsec alliances owning POCO's in the space they live in, already. If that model can be extended to hisec: all power to that. The balancing factor is that it 0.0 usually has something better to do then save a couple of lowsec POCO's from local bandits, I'd think hisec would start to work the same way.
Chendow Decent
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2013-09-26 22:20:41 UTC
Sorry, I'm pretty disappointed. There is, once again, no new content. Nothing like wormholes or incursions, nothing awe inspiring. Just some ship re-balancing to bring tech 2 ships in line with the tech 1 changes. They added a few useless modules to shine up this turd they call an expansion. It should just be a point release like Odyssey 1.5 or something.

I hope they are fixing and updating a ton of the old code because this expansion came up short in my book.
Vald Tegor
Empyrean Guard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#96 - 2013-09-26 22:20:45 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Vald Tegor wrote:

Nobody said anything about docking in them, just stash and refit so maybe you will be very vulnerable during refitting like everything disabled even under fire. Which would be funny for probing those structures and just wait under cloak for owner to warp in and spring this trap on himself :)

You missed my point.

Anchor it off the Jita 4-4 undock.

Undock in a deadspace fit battleship. Do your station game thing. Can't break the guy's tank? Refit to neuts, kill his cap, put the guns back on. He's shooting a specific damage type? Swap a hardener. About to die anyway and can't dock? Store the deadspace mods in the depot to deny the drop. (you can already do this with an Orca alt mind you)

Of course, you can still get bumped out of range.
Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#97 - 2013-09-26 22:20:46 UTC
Karak Terrel wrote:
Deviana Sevidon wrote:

May I ask for your stuff if you leave and no longer use it? I will put it to good use <3

He'll tell you no, because it's a hollow threat that's been used since 2003; and because of the fact he'll resubscribe once a few expancsions come through and he can actually then see what CCP is doing (that he could not perceive in advance)

I want to see other things too: like WiS - which is LONG over due... but if you can't be patient then you shouldn't be playing EVE in the first place imo.

Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#98 - 2013-09-26 22:22:40 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
My main concerns about this POCO business is whether or not a wardec is needed to take them down. The cost of taking them would be to high should they indeed be claimed by a large bloc. I'm not that concerned about 0.0 powers moving in to claim these POCO's as they can't bring their caps obviously, and there are lots of small lowsec alliances owning POCO's in the space they live in. If that model can be extended to hisec: all power to that. The balancing factor is that it 0.0 usually has something better to do then save a couple of lowsec POCO's from local bandits, so why should hisec be any different?

Unless CCP adds 'charters' (like High Sec POS's) then no War Dec will be necessary - we'll have to see. What I heard was CCP will make it just like low sec - no CONCORD and only a suspect timer.

J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2013-09-26 22:23:33 UTC
SKINE DMZ wrote:
Now you're just trolling.

1. He's Rhes
2. He's a goon

He trolls with every breath he takes, I ignore his posts anyways
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#100 - 2013-09-26 22:23:46 UTC
Vald Tegor wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Vald Tegor wrote:

You missed my point.

Anchor it off the Jita 4-4 undock.

Undock in a deadspace fit battleship. Do your station game thing. Can't break the guy's tank? Refit to neuts, kill his cap, put the guns back on. He's shooting a specific damage type? Swap a hardener. About to die anyway and can't dock? Store the deadspace mods in the depot to deny the drop. (you can already do this with an Orca alt mind you)

Of course, you can still get bumped out of range.

Refitting during combat??