These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#61 - 2013-09-26 21:51:28 UTC
Karak Terrel wrote:
Now those depots are a nice idea. But what is preventing high sec miners from anchoring them directly in the belt and get a save can (yes you can shoot it, but there will be a reinforced mechanic)? Or is that intended? Doesn't that make the ships with the large ore hold obsolete? am i missing something?

All you get is a suspect flag for shooting depots, so you'll probably want to be careful as to how and where you use them. People will be out looking to blow up your pretty toys, as it should bePirate.
Karak Terrel
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#62 - 2013-09-26 21:52:11 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
Karak Terrel wrote:
Now those depots are a nice idea. But what is preventing high sec miners from anchoring them directly in the belt and get a save can (yes you can shoot it, but there will be a reinforced mechanic)? Or is that intended? Doesn't that make the ships with the large ore hold obsolete? am i missing something?
Didn't they say *anybody* can take from them ?

That would be the siphons, not the home depots or not?
Rengerel en Distel
#63 - 2013-09-26 21:54:47 UTC
This still seems like yet another announcement where CCP says "Trust us, the cool stuff is coming, we just have to do this behind the scenes stuff first." and then we never get the cool stuff.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Vald Tegor
Empyrean Guard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#64 - 2013-09-26 21:54:51 UTC
Henriette Malia Alette wrote:

Which will very quickly come under control of the NS alliances

Yes, null alliances will take ALL the POCO's in High Sec and be able to hold it all at once with the power projection of their supers.

Oh wait.
SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-09-26 21:55:43 UTC
SKINE DMZ wrote:

"space travel itself, " - You mean Black Ops's and Bridges ? - why not just write that.. its in NS already.. or are you really gonna try tell us that its gonna be something completly new, and the huge alliances in NS arent gonna control them ? - right.. bcause that is soo gonna happen..

I am more thinking of new region, build jump gates and other structures and maybe even set rules in those systems.

Which will very quickly come under control of the NS alliances... i dont see any LS/HS corp or alliance in any short or long run getting a chanse here to "build"... we adding more space to NS, and we give them more stuff they can do.. including gates etc.. all nice, IF the "small guys" also would/could be involved - but they wont be... 10 sec after the space comes online, u gonna see the race of the NS alliances with theyre capitals ready to jump in.. the entire system are flawed, if we really seriously talking bout "every corporation should have a chanse, with hard work and dedication to claim a part of space for themself".. it wont happen - the game as it works, will let anyone "by force" take what they want.. and by force usually is when someone jumps in theyre little 1000 man fleet and claims the area.. you dont like it.. to bad..

A more correct describtion would be "we are adding more space for the NS alliances, and now they can build theyre own gates".. eve future changes will contiounsly move control over to players - which would be alright - until u realise that theyre moving HS space into beeing nullsec.. adding more space, wont let more players do fun stuff.. it will let those "few" in the NS Alliances control more of the game, and control more space, getting more moons, etc etc.. there nothngin the long run that will benifit the HS playerbase what so ever.. on the contrary.. its not a coincidence that main focus are on fixing exploration, adding exploration ships, adding player controlled this or that.. and at same time ignoring anything and everything that has anything to do with HS.

You talk like the areas are completely separate, nothing is stopping you from going into null sec if you think that's where the fun is at.

I disagree

Karak Terrel
#66 - 2013-09-26 21:55:56 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Karak Terrel wrote:

All you get is a suspect flag for shooting depots, so you'll probably want to be careful as to how and where you use them. People will be out looking to blow up your pretty toys, as it should bePirate.

But they have a reinforced mode and they can just come and pick it up if I understand that correctly. So all you get is a suspect flag. They can just pick up their secure stash and run away..
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#67 - 2013-09-26 21:56:34 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:
Walking in Stations and DUST 514, both ignored. Again. Thanks for nothing.

Neither one of those things have anything to do with Eve.

Um no, that's where you are wrong and your attitude is typical Goon sentiment. Go bury your head in the sand, you obviously don't have a clue

Please enlighten me. What do WiS and Dust have to do with Eve.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#68 - 2013-09-26 21:56:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
Mhax Arthie wrote:
Balancing forever, that should be a much more proper expansion name than Rubicon. Even Odisey 1.1 had more features than this so called expansion. No new content, no new features, is all about rebalancing .. again and again. I was seriously hoping for player built gates, opening of Jove space or at least the damn door in the CQ,.. this is hilarious. I feel that CCP somehow abandoned EVE and now is focusing only on Dust or that valkirye stuff

And giving away the pocos in hi sec.. really?! So any null sec alliance can take them over for **** and giggles and halt any PI production in hi sec for noobs and eventualy crash the PI market. Came excited, left extremely disapointed :/ 0/10

anyone will be able to attack those highsec poco's .. without concord intervention
the owner player/corp/alliance will be free to set taxation rates

if you think the tax rates are too high .. LAUNCH YOUR **** DIRECTLY INTO SPACE and pay no tax, your not forced to use the orbiting POCO .... it's not rocket science
SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2013-09-26 21:57:47 UTC  |  Edited by: SKINE DMZ
Rhes wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:

Um no, that's where you are wrong and your attitude is typical Goon sentiment. Go bury your head in the sand, you obviously don't have a clue

I'll take this one, that's easy. WiS was meant to be a feature in EVE and Dust is incorporated in the EVE Universe.

I disagree

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2013-09-26 21:58:07 UTC  |  Edited by: SKINE DMZ
delete double Smile

I disagree

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2013-09-26 21:59:31 UTC
great changes ! gonna be a fantastic expansion (please don't **** up the Siphon Unit)
Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#72 - 2013-09-26 21:59:42 UTC
For those saying "what's the purpose" and "underwhelming," to me, this expansion reads like the first step in two major events:

Firstly, POS's appear to be on their first step to being revamped (looking at the deployable structures here). That is a huge deal for what is, admittedly, a small part of the community, but it is a small part that plays a large, critical role for everyone else who makes use of what those POS-holders create.

Secondly, and (in my opinion) more importantly (also what I think the "Rubicon" part deals with): This expansion seems to be a step towards putting the game entirely in the hands of the players.

With players being able to take high-sec POCO's, a major part of NPC control has been removed. Not the biggest part, but it's still a very big one. This could easily be a step towards the long-term total elimination of things such as CONCORD and Empire Space, or at the very least, the drastic alteration of it (I doubt we would ever be rid of it completely, simply because of how important a mostly-safe area is for bringing new players in).

So yes, there is the Crossing of the Rubicon: CCP have handed the first major piece of Empire Space to the players. May it be the first of many!
Karak Terrel
#73 - 2013-09-26 22:00:08 UTC
I really like the vulcan SOE ships, they will be pretty handy in w-space i guess.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2013-09-26 22:00:25 UTC
SKINE DMZ wrote:
Rhes wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:

I'll take this one, that's easy. WiS was meant to be a feature in EVE and Dust is incorporated in the EVE Universe.

WiS is currently a single room with a couch. Dust is a failing console shooter. Neither of them have anything to do with Eve Online.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#75 - 2013-09-26 22:01:49 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Kassasis Dakkstromri wrote:
Re: High Sec Customs Offices

The announcement today that they will be replaced in Rubicon, with POCO's (Player Owned Custom's Offices) begs a question:

QUESTION: Will resource concentrations between High/Low/Null/W-Space be re-balanced as well?

REASONING:

At present High sec planets have virtually no value in comparison to Low/Null/W-Space counter parts. So to hear CCP Fozzie speak today on EVE TV about fights over valuable High Sec planets seems 'odd' - the only value for those that are heavily invested in Planetary Interface has been as a safe haven for High-Tech Commodities production since the implementation of POCO's in Low Sec on Temperate and Barren planets with a static taxation rate.

This seems insufficient to constitute presuming any High Sec planets to be 'valuable'.

Hence the promotion of the idea that there will be greater immersive game play based on competition for 'valuable planets' in High sec is disingenuous at the most, and a 'gaffe' in the least; unless there is a parallel and slight re-balancing of the resource concentrations to create high value planets in High Sec without dissolving the current hierarchy of PI Resource Concentrations being commensurate with greater risk - which absolutely should be maintained.

Moving the sliding scale of PI further to the right 'across the board' will help bring a reality to the statement of 'valuable' High Sec planets - of which currently there are none.

You don't think there will be a value in securing factory planets in High Sec with 0 tax? It's not always the resources on the planet that make it valuable, but what you can build on the planet that makes it valuable.

Just to be clear - I am basing my statement/qustion purely on CCP Fozzie's words; wherein he was clearly referring to capsuleers 'using' the planets, and that the incentives on the POCO owners (CCP feels) is to offer lower tax rates to increase usage.

My words validate that there is value in P4 Commodity production in High Sec - but that is insufficient to justify a change like this for the reasons stated.

If CCP Fozzie says "valuable planets", and is clearly inferring more than just Temperate and Barren P4 Production, then I think the question is warranted.

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Karash Amerius
The Seven Shadows
Scotch And Tea.
#76 - 2013-09-26 22:03:37 UTC
Good buff to highsec warfare allowing POCOs to be 'managed'. I forsee a lot of very good unintended consequences from this change.

Karash Amerius Operative, Sutoka

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2013-09-26 22:03:39 UTC
Although you might be correct in some way, unfortunately they do have something to do with EVE online, your logic fails there Rhes. Smile

I disagree

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#78 - 2013-09-26 22:04:58 UTC
SKINE DMZ wrote:
Although you might be correct in some way, unfortunately they do have something to do with EVE online, your logic fails there Rhes. Smile

You still haven't explained what, though.

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2013-09-26 22:05:36 UTC
Now you're just trolling.

I disagree

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#80 - 2013-09-26 22:05:58 UTC
Rhes wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:

To those who have to ask, no explanation will suffice.

But Ill try anyway. CCP has said many times Eve is not a spaceship game, its a science fiction simulation game. Almost every Sci Fi movie or series Ive seen has people walking and fighting in spaceships, in stations, and on planets. Without those elements Eve cannot be complete.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction