These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-09-26 21:21:57 UTC
Crasniya wrote:
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:
Walking in Stations and DUST 514, both ignored. Again. Thanks for nothing.

Neither one of those things have anything to do with Eve.

Incorrect. Both need to be iterated on, alongside balance changes and new ships, in order to compete in an environment where EVE is seeing it's first competitors in years in it's genre and playstyle. DUST needs more representation in the EVE client, and a greater role in the game design. There needs to be a reason for players to interact across New Eden.

WiS remains the most important element in selling the combined EVE/DUST/Valkyrie universe.

Eve is spaceships.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-09-26 21:22:03 UTC
Where are the ship skins, CCP?
Terh Rumnatarn
Epidemic Inc.
#23 - 2013-09-26 21:22:31 UTC

A small step for CCP (because of lack of funding due to other so called projects), a big step of faith for the community.

Or o stick with the theme... alea iacta est, a 6 month break for me.

Came excited, left unimpressed.
blue dehazon
Stonegard Arrows
#24 - 2013-09-26 21:23:24 UTC
Second expansion whid more nerf to hi sec,whis i newer trained all may acconts and som alts for PI.nowe custom office will be the new pirat tool,pirat probe to steal your stuff in pos more pirat stuff.CCP neglect a larg part of the player base in hisec.Cool whit som neew ships but thats it.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2013-09-26 21:25:24 UTC
blue dehazon wrote:
Second expansion whid more nerf to hi sec,whis i newer trained all may acconts and som alts for PI.nowe custom office will be the new pirat tool,pirat probe to steal your stuff in pos more pirat stuff.CCP neglect a larg part of the player base in hisec.Cool whit som neew ships but thats it.

Highsec POCOs are for Goons.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#26 - 2013-09-26 21:26:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Depot - Mobile home base, personal you can put it out in space, allows you to have your own little spot to hold your stuff, and a cheap fitting service, bunch of different uses (can be killed, all these things can be destroyed you can shoot these in highsec, you will just get a suspect timer). Now that has me very very excited, thank you CCP, looks like I will not be de-subbing while I get X-Rebirth out of my system, furthermore I like the SOE ships very much.

HS customs offices, actually I like it, could get very interesting, guess we know where and what those new Maurauders will be used on... Don't be so negative, I cannot see the Goons controlling every single Customs Office in HS, they may be good, but they are not that good, a few may escape their gaze, lol Hmm how exactly will this work in terms of war decs, the cost to war dec the Goons, damn that....

And if you can develop new regions in later expansions I will be a very happy bunny indeed.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Henriette Malia Alette
Doomheim
#27 - 2013-09-26 21:28:17 UTC
A few lines from the Rubicon page:

Imagine capsuleer corporations, rising in power and capabilities, flying their own colors and using their might to build up whole areas of space.

Imagine what could happen if capsuleers truly mastered the science of space travel itself, and were no longer bound to the known universe.

Yet the capsuleers, the immortal pilots of EVE's most powerful spaceships, are becoming a stronger and stronger force of their own. They will not settle with what has been served to them thus far. EVE Online: Rubicon is the first step beyond a point of no return, on a dangerous path to ascension with consequences that neither capsuleers nor players can predict.

Can u spell "Null Sec". That is what rubicon is the first step towards... u are turning High Sec - into Low and Null Sec - simply put.

Lets take it bit for bit:
Capsuleer Corporations "Rising in power ? - u mean, when the Null sec alliances - with theyre iskies and ships, etc starts taking over High sec.. Bcause - u dont seriously gonna try sell that the little corporation of 20-50 ppl, whom tries to actually build theyre own little space, will be allowed to do that without consulting/asking the larger alliances first do u ?
" Imagine disrupting what someone else built up, through cunning or force. " - yeah.. 10 Capitals will fix any of those issues.

"space travel itself, " - You mean Black Ops's and Bridges ? - why not just write that.. its in NS already.. or are you really gonna try tell us that its gonna be something completly new, and the huge alliances in NS arent gonna control them ? - right.. bcause that is soo gonna happen..

"are becoming a stronger and stronger force of their own. They will not settle with what has been served to them thus far." And we are back to the NS part... alliances already claimed NS.. they want more land, ure giving them it... as for newbie friendly.. can you say "goodbye new players" ? - bcause that is what will happen, once this is done...

Let me tell u what i think will happen...
NS items, like sov, bridges etc will start appear in HS instead of Gates: Through live events, we will see one empire after another either fall, or becoming increasingly limited in size - severly turning space from NPC controlled HS to player controlled NS: (which will NOT benifit anyone besides the NS Alliances)... eventually, HS will be small islands, very small, camped, and surrounded by pirates... we will see that concord, the protector of the newbie "in live events" or whatever other means u can think off, suddenly "vanishes", most places.. they might even be killed off in a live event "sorry ppl, Concord is bad.. they need to go..." - effectivly turning all that we know and love as HS into a NS haven for the Alliances that already control and owns so much - and we the casual - the HS players, will be left at the mercy of whatever mittens, and his "fellow" alliance bosses feels space should be run like.. we already seen how that works in NS - now its coming to HS aswell...

Seriously.. if u really are tired of us players, that seeks the PVE, a more relaxing or different approach then PVP of any sort - why not simply make that statement in a nice CCP blog, and be done with it... and we can take our hats and go..

Some of the stuff coming in Rubicon - is nice.. but once u start reading between the lines - if u cant see that this is a path leading to turning all of EVE into NS.. well..
Fix Sovmechanics
Doomheim
#28 - 2013-09-26 21:29:38 UTC
Instead of spending several expansions on a large mechanic (that might not work) how about re-balancing and updating the current large mechanics like sov and wormholes. The siphoning deploy-able is a nice idea, however the only reason it would have to exist is because of a redundant sov system, even just minor re-balances to reinforcement times or hp of structures would be a nice gesture.

Please sov mechanics.

None ofthe Above
#29 - 2013-09-26 21:29:57 UTC
Well, have to say I was hoping for more on the construction and exploration side, particularly with Seagull sitting in front of that artwork. Hopefully that will come over the course of the next few expansions.

We knew the Modular POS was going to be a big job and we pushed it anyway. It's interesting to see these things starting to happen. Let's give them a chance to make this work. Hopefully, this expansion will get a lot of behind the scenes foundation work done that will allow many more things to be built on it in the future.

Is that what CCP's Rubicon is? Crossing into working on Modular Stations? Odyssey at least was clear on what it was that you were trying to do. Rubicon not so much.

Sister's ships is interesting. Nice looking.

Warping changes sound great. I like the idea of interceptors being bubble proof. You'll get a lot more nullsec tourists that way.

Rapid Heavy Launcher, nice. Can Stealth bombers use them? Would make it more possible to build an anti-frig SB.

Other stuff sounds great, although I think there will be plenty of details to be worked out.

Anyway CCP, we also want more, but excited by what I do see here. Hope this works out for us all.

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#30 - 2013-09-26 21:30:14 UTC
Rhes wrote:
blue dehazon wrote:

Being the obvious concern/problem.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Musca Sklir
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-09-26 21:30:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Musca Sklir
why would you introduce new faction ships dedicated to exploration using drones?
this seems like a waste of resources. we already have t3 which are not limited to one weapon system but seriously need to be looked at. makes le wonder if there really is a generell concept how ship classes/tech lvls (t1, t2, t3) are supposed to perform. a change for changes sake and introduction for introductaries sake...
Anslo
Scope Works
#32 - 2013-09-26 21:30:23 UTC
Sweet Jesus DAT SOE CRUISER I CAN'T EVEN

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-09-26 21:31:12 UTC
Henriette Malia Alette wrote:

"space travel itself, " - You mean Black Ops's and Bridges ? - why not just write that.. its in NS already.. or are you really gonna try tell us that its gonna be something completly new, and the huge alliances in NS arent gonna control them ? - right.. bcause that is soo gonna happen..

I am more thinking of new region, build jump gates and other structures and maybe even set rules in those systems.

I disagree

Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#34 - 2013-09-26 21:31:21 UTC
With a 9.24 faction standing with SOE, I find this excellent news. I was saving my SOE LP points for an implant set, but now I think I will wait for more expansion announcements. Someone mentioned on another thread that SOE ships will be like pirate faction ships with Gallente and Amarr as the racial skills needed. This seems a bit off though since SOE is more in tune with Minmitar than Amarr.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2013-09-26 21:31:30 UTC
Henriette Malia Alette wrote:
Can u spell "Null Sec". That is what rubicon is the first step towards... u are turning High Sec - into Low and Null Sec - simply put.

Thank goodness. Have you been to highsec recently? It's horrible there.

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#36 - 2013-09-26 21:33:23 UTC
Deployable short range cyno jammer should help against AFK cloakers? Hopefully the nullbear whiners will shut up about it.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Vald Tegor
Empyrean Guard
Tactical Narcotics Team
#37 - 2013-09-26 21:34:01 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:

why do I see dust bunnies in local if they have nothing to do with eve .. your statement makes no sense

Because your member list settings are wrong?
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-09-26 21:36:14 UTC
Crasniya wrote:
Rhes wrote:
blue dehazon wrote:

Being the obvious concern/problem.

Obvious? I don't see the problem.

Fix Sovmechanics
Doomheim
#39 - 2013-09-26 21:36:54 UTC
Zappity wrote:
Deployable short range cyno jammer should help against AFK cloakers? Hopefully the nullbear whiners will shut up about it.

"Doesn't stop covert cynos"

Listening is hard.
scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#40 - 2013-09-26 21:38:52 UTC
All I want is a Pirate Faction Caldari/Minmatar Battleship that is missile oriented.
And before anyone says anything, the Rattlesnake is a drone boat, not a missile boat. 4 launchers is a joke when a Navy Raven has 8, and a regular, standard issue Raven has 7.
I would like to see torps a little more like the old ones, but I can wait on that. And so since you want to create ships can you give us a new Pirate BS?
Or maybe a more useful missile module? Something other than another module I'll never buy?