These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

EVE Online: Rubicon Discussion

First post First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#1 - 2013-09-26 21:01:38 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Falcon
EVE Online: Rubicon, the 20th Free Expansion for EVE Online, has been announced and will be hitting Tranquility on November 19th, 2013.

Please feel free to use this thread for discussion!

Big smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

CCP Falcon
#2 - 2013-09-26 21:02:08 UTC
Also, first! Big smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-09-26 21:04:01 UTC
Looks good. It's great to see that you are still focusing on real Eve content and not wasting time on more WiS nonsense.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#4 - 2013-09-26 21:04:23 UTC
I, for one, am super excited about interceptors getting some much needed upgrades and love.

So I can lock things faster.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#5 - 2013-09-26 21:05:09 UTC
Walking in Stations and DUST 514, both ignored. Again. Thanks for nothing.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Bubanni
Corus Aerospace
#6 - 2013-09-26 21:05:40 UTC
Warp acceleration YES!

Supercap nerf - change ewar immunity https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=194759 Module activation delay! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1180934

Jimtom
Fancypants Inc
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2013-09-26 21:05:52 UTC
sorry to say I'm a little underwelmed atm Cry couple of nice things like the new factin ships but I think i expected more Ugh hopefully when more concrete details emerge i'll get excited Blink
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#8 - 2013-09-26 21:07:15 UTC
Wohoo Big smile

I like it so far

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Intex Encapor
#9 - 2013-09-26 21:08:06 UTC

Intex Encapor

#26 Posted: 2013.09.26 21:03 | Report

hope there will be something other than current wardec mechanics for shooting highsec pocos. would make stuff kinda expensive for small entities if big blocks set their eyes on stuff.
SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-09-26 21:08:20 UTC  |  Edited by: SKINE DMZ
Taken from stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/465203586

Highsec customs offices

PERSONAL DEPLOYABLE STRUCTURES!!!!!

4 new type of structures

This is all early, things may changes, they are working on it and want feedback rumour has it (more mechanics to mess with each other especially 0.0 and lowsec), and from what I understand within these types will be more structures.

Siphon Unit - steal resources from star base's.

Depot - Mobile home base, personal you can put it out in space, allows you to have your own little spot to hold your stuff, and a cheap fitting service, bunch of different uses (can be killed, all these things can be destroyed you can shoot these in highsec, you will just get a suspect timer).

Deployable Automatic tractor beam and looting device (won't salvage).

Deployable Temporary short range cyno jammer, disposable one time use, around a 100km range they are working on that.

Fixing warping acceleration, warp speed will affect acceleration, anything below a t1 cruiser will be warping faster, bigger will be slower although may adjust some warp speeds like freighters.

Ship balancing changes (more stuff that hasn't been talked about will come), marauders(will transform, ewar immunity, can't move and tank a ton), inceptors(will get bubble immunity, will get a thread open about it, they stole this idea from a player on the forum) and interdictors.

New bubble graphics.

New missile launcher battle ship sized, rapid launcher.

New ships - Sister Of Eve Faction Ships - Frigate, Cruiser, first t1 faction ships that get covert ops.

Frigate: http://imgur.com/VqYroaz,jnPYG9J#1

Cruiser: http://imgur.com/VqYroaz,jnPYG9J

New certificate system, better & cleaner, certificates will be organised together for ships, and have only skills and no other certificates as pre-req's.

A kind of in-game map of all EVE ships to see how good you would be at flying them with your current skills & certificates.

Changes to character selection screen - Completely new / easier to use, more information about your character, more to come on that.

Integration Twitch TV into the EVE client, no 3rd party, all in-game integrated and you can share a lot easier.

I believe this is it for now, but mentioned there will be more in the expansion. Personally am looking forward to the personable deploying base, this is going to add some new ways to WH daytripping, or soon weektripping?

Oh and 23rd October the collection edition will be shipped out.

awesome.

I disagree

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-09-26 21:08:30 UTC
Crasniya wrote:

Neither one of those things have anything to do with Eve.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Chaotica Donma
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-09-26 21:09:50 UTC
I'm hoping the new player structures means that a whole new management mechanic has been developed for them overall, and that it will be backported to the existing structures. I hear nothing but horrible things about the management API for the existing structures.

Catch me Thursdays and Saturdays at Midnight GMT on Split Infinity Radio

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#13 - 2013-09-26 21:10:53 UTC
Awesome <3

Katherine Landier
Diplomatic-Incident
#14 - 2013-09-26 21:13:33 UTC
For the new SOE ships is the "covert ops" going to be a cloak or cyno?
NeoShocker
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#15 - 2013-09-26 21:14:03 UTC
Hm! Very interesting. New stuff is good, but i am always interested in game balances. Wonder what the inty is gonna change to
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-09-26 21:16:32 UTC
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:

yes they do ...

why do I see dust bunnies in local if they have nothing to do with eve .. your statement makes no sense

anyways .. EAF's getting some much needed loving, the Kitsune will rock (I hope)
Crasniya
The Aussienauts
#17 - 2013-09-26 21:18:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Crasniya
Rhes wrote:
Crasniya wrote:

Incorrect. Both need to be iterated on, alongside balance changes and new ships, in order to compete in an environment where EVE is seeing it's first competitors in years in it's genre and playstyle. DUST needs more representation in the EVE client, and a greater role in the game design. There needs to be a reason for players to interact across New Eden.

WiS remains the most important element in selling the combined EVE/DUST/Valkyrie universe.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - soraya@biomassed.net

Lateris
#18 - 2013-09-26 21:18:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Lateris
Me and Rehes are going to get a CQ together so we can role play dance moves... then when WoD comes out were going to bite each others necks in RP glory within the game!

Gratz CCP on the expansion./ Stil looking forward to one day walking out of the CQ..or I will just build a sci fi game myself Pirate
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#19 - 2013-09-26 21:18:57 UTC
NeoShocker wrote:
Wonder what the inty is gonna change to

Little more effort for catching traffic than just bubble everything into oblivion and alpha ships at safe distance?

Invalid signature format

Stoogie
Cadre Assault Force
#20 - 2013-09-26 21:21:41 UTC
Whats actually happening about the ccp Seagull stuff? I want that part of eve and none of these features actually seem to leading towards it. I like some of the new stuff but in general its pretty underwhelming.
123Next pageLast page