These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dr Eyjo quarterly economic reports/devblogs.

Author
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#1 - 2013-09-24 13:52:14 UTC
I haven't looked back through the dev blogs to see when Dr Eyjo last released a quarterly economic report but it seems like ages since I last read one. Some factors that will have affected the New Eden economy probably since the last quarterly report include:

'Extra materials' added to more ship BPO's.
Moon material changes.
Addition minerals added to ores in null-sec.
Plummeting prices for minerals, exploration loot, mindlinks etc.

And that's just off the top of my head. When will Dr Eyjo released an up to date economic report?

*glances at CCP*

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#2 - 2013-09-24 14:45:35 UTC
Just another weird CCP Removal of Something Nifty, like the Jukebox too.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Mia Restolo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-09-24 16:55:08 UTC
They officially stopped years ago, suppose there might be a random one, but there's no plans to do any more.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#4 - 2013-09-24 17:37:38 UTC
Massively article about it

The link there to Eyjo's original devblog is 404 Ganked.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#5 - 2013-09-25 13:56:40 UTC
I think all you are going to get now is in the Fanfest coverage.
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#6 - 2013-09-25 15:00:27 UTC
Hmmm. Looks like the last Quarterly Economic Report (QEN) was released at the end of 2010. How time flies - it doesn't seem that long ago. The announcement for stopping the QEN was not really officially announced either but just thrown out in the forum as an answer to a question.

This is a real shame considering the largely player-run economy is one of the major assets of New Eden. I went to Fanfest this year for the first time and the talk/s with Dr Eyjo and the new economist for DUST 514 were very informative. I presume they are paid members of CCP staff so why not give them some work to do and release some pretty graphs, facts & figures for us to pour over. Smile

An interesting link relating to this issue:

http://jestertrek.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/not-all-curves-are-pretty.html

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .