These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

People Interested in Forming Incursion Corp

First post
Author
Seraph Essael
Anomalous Existence
Spatial Instability
#21 - 2013-09-25 14:24:18 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Seraph Essael wrote:
Georgina Parmala wrote:

I think what he meant to say is that he can now fit T2 tank on it.

Fair point, T2 tank is relatively short in terms of training.
To OP wait until you do want to train T2 Large Blaster and T2 Large Rails. You will want to shoot yourself, there is a good two (ish) months for each...

In the few days of incursion I have done, I've seen so much meta 4 guns on machariels and vindicator I stopped counting them.

I dont doubt that, I meant when he eventually trains them (or works towards training them) there is such a long wait for the skills that he will want to shoot himself. Haha Big smile

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

MMXMMX
Destination Fncked
#22 - 2013-09-25 14:53:41 UTC
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:
Lipbite wrote:
Good luck with avoiding wardecs from single (or multi) toon crops.

Why would I get wardecced?

Welcome to EvE mate. That's why.
Dimitrix Inkura
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-09-25 15:23:45 UTC
Andski wrote:
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:
Not at all my goal. I'm just a noob myself, less than a month old and I just finally got into a T2 fit Blaster Rokh.

Any battleship you're flying after only a month of training, even with the cerebral accelerator, is not something you want to fly in PvP or PvE. You lack the gunnery supports to deal much damage, or even project it well. You probably have fitting mods in your low slots and your capacitor skills won't keep up with hardeners and blasters.

It easily takes a year to train the skills to fly a battleship well. All of these 3 month old characters flying horribly fit Machariels with named guns and fitting mods in the lows are being terribly misled by terrible players.

I currently do 730 dps with just my guns, and I have a 1:30 cap life full burn. MWD and everything running. My low slots are 4 faction Magnetic Fields Stabs for DPS and 1 DC II.

Buddy Invite Program: 21 Day Trial + 450m ISK + Lifelong Advice: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3793109#post3793109

Kialopreyst
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-09-25 15:30:43 UTC
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:
Andski wrote:
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:
Not at all my goal. I'm just a noob myself, less than a month old and I just finally got into a T2 fit Blaster Rokh.

Any battleship you're flying after only a month of training, even with the cerebral accelerator, is not something you want to fly in PvP or PvE. You lack the gunnery supports to deal much damage, or even project it well. You probably have fitting mods in your low slots and your capacitor skills won't keep up with hardeners and blasters.

It easily takes a year to train the skills to fly a battleship well. All of these 3 month old characters flying horribly fit Machariels with named guns and fitting mods in the lows are being terribly misled by terrible players.

I currently do 730 dps with just my guns, and I have a 1:30 cap life full burn. MWD and everything running. My low slots are 4 faction Magnetic Fields Stabs for DPS and 1 DC II.

What are your resists and where do you hang out with this ship?
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#25 - 2013-09-25 16:13:38 UTC
Kialopreyst wrote:
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:
Andski wrote:
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:

1) his lowest resist is probably EM, around 68% without boosts

2) your journal will list every single constellation that has an incursion

You are really, really bad at this.

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-09-25 16:41:02 UTC
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:

Andski wrote:

With proper skills that dps would be ~1100 without implants, 1250 with. You're doing just over half the damage the ship is capable of. That's kind of what he is getting at. Your applied DPS is even lower, because you don't have the skills boosting your range or the navigation skills to get there as quickly. Your cap is probably around half from just shooting? So when you need to use the MWD you have maybe... 2 cycles? At that point your cap will be getting below the 30% mark where the recharge rate starts to drop significantly and you will cap out.

As for your faction mag stabs, i'll give you a fair warning since you appear to be a genuine new player. People will kill you for those. You have 4 of them, each has a 50% chance to drop when you die. That's a reasonable expectation of getting 230+ mil in loot. People can and will suicide gank you in high sec at a profit when they find you.

And find you they will, as you advertised the potential drops and your below average tank (thanks to lacking skills) in general discussion. There are NPC locator agents in-game that will tell a ganker what system you are currently in.

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Kialopreyst
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-09-25 16:55:43 UTC
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog wrote:
Kialopreyst wrote:
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:
Andski wrote:
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:

1) his lowest resist is probably EM, around 68% without boosts

2) your journal will list every single constellation that has an incursion

You are really, really bad at this.

Why actually put effort in when they're willing to just tell you?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2013-09-25 17:54:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Dimitrix Inkura wrote:

Exactly my point. You have a full set of blasters on a Rokh with 4 faction magstabs and you're dealing less DPS than I would in a blaster Rokh with only two T2 mag stabs.

Faction mods are not intended to make up for insufficient skill training. You're flying nothing but a gift basket with faction mods and god only knows what else for the next guy with a few friends in tornadoes.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Dimitrix Inkura
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-09-25 18:03:33 UTC
Okay can a dev please close this thread?

Buddy Invite Program: 21 Day Trial + 450m ISK + Lifelong Advice: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3793109#post3793109

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2013-09-25 18:12:26 UTC
Hey, if you don't want to take advice, don't solicit it.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#31 - 2013-09-25 18:37:04 UTC
Thread closed at OP request.

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page12