These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Target spectrum breaker in PVE

Author
The Spod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-09-24 20:31:51 UTC
Does it work?

I'm clueless but I came across a potential move to test in PVE, namely: MJD to range, use target spectrum breaker to kill NPC locks and cloak. This would be useful for nullsec complexes. Then it occurred to me that it's possible breaking NPC lock would scrap their missiles on flight, rendering Gurista long range power nil.

So, give me a clue about the above scenarios. My exploration Dominix is itching to test spectrum breaker MJD in 10/10s, as it would enable more in PVE while allowing cloak in sites to shun from pvp bother.
Donbe Scurred
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-09-24 21:05:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Donbe Scurred
Relevant, I don't think it will work, according to this guy, he averaged 33% of the NPCs losing their lock, that won't cut it for your idea.
The Spod
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-09-25 08:05:47 UTC
By my fast calculation estimating 15-30sec missile travel it could work wonders, IF missile damage breaks on NPC losing lock or if TSB breaks missile target. I think it won't though, but would love a confirmation.

Given at MJD range gurista torpedoes travel just that 15-30sec to reach you, there would be a couple cycles to root out missiles constantly. Then again the capacitor use of the TSB is ridiculous.

A machariel could use MWD speed to prolong torpedo flight enough to land TSB cycles on average. This would enable a nanomach to solo 10/10 gurista steadily; possibly they already can by outrunning torps.

The only thing to really work around seems like the high capacitor cost, if the missile break functions at all in the first place.
Gnadolin
Space Pioneers
#4 - 2013-09-26 15:36:10 UTC
It doesnt, a missile hits you AS long you are in range. If the shooting ship has a lock on you er not is irrelevant as long as you Booth are on the same grid.
Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#5 - 2013-09-26 15:57:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertrand Butler
Yep, the missiles in this game are FnF weapons, not SARH. For example, you shoot a salvo at a saboteur, and you are jammed directly after that. Your missiles hit and destroy him...Blink
Ginger Barbarella
#6 - 2013-09-26 17:48:20 UTC
The Spod wrote:
Does it work?

I'm clueless but I came across a potential move to test in PVE, namely: MJD to range, use target spectrum breaker to kill NPC locks and cloak. This would be useful for nullsec complexes. Then it occurred to me that it's possible breaking NPC lock would scrap their missiles on flight, rendering Gurista long range power nil.

So, give me a clue about the above scenarios. My exploration Dominix is itching to test spectrum breaker MJD in 10/10s, as it would enable more in PVE while allowing cloak in sites to shun from pvp bother.

If CCP common practice still applies, it most likely won't work worth a darn against NPCs. Rule #2 of EveO: NPCs Cheat.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Mistress Rose
Defensores Fidei
#7 - 2013-09-26 22:07:59 UTC
Bertrand Butler wrote:
Yep, the missiles in this game are FnF weapons, not SARH. For example, you shoot a salvo at a saboteur, and you are jammed directly after that. Your missiles hit and destroy him...Blink

Nice....he just busted out semi-active radar homing. +1