These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

TiDi for Jita?

First post
Author
Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-08-18 19:43:49 UTC
While trying to jump into Jita today, and getting a notification that the jump gate wouldn't let me through (regular weekend occurrence), the idea of adding TiDi to Jita came to mind...

Just a thought, and given it's not a massive fleet combat situation, the TiDi (time dilation) wouldn't be very much would it?

So I guess the question is would there be any value to adding TiDi to Jita at the expense of things slowing down to 80-90% of normal time? Or just leave the status quo of not being able to log into the Jita System, or having to wait to jump through gates?

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Cade Windstalker
#2 - 2013-08-28 03:35:34 UTC
TiDi would not help with Jita traffic control, the gate not letting you through is, in fact, a form of server performance management.

The reason for this is because Jita is on its own separate node so you have to be transfered between nodes. Since TiDi only affects the local node putting Jita into TiDi does not help this.
Ali Aras
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#3 - 2013-08-28 13:47:10 UTC
Jita also *has* TiDi; it's a hell of a pain in the ass for people who're doing things. The cap on Jita is in place to prevent tidi from going beyond 85% every once in a while.

http://warp-to-sun.tumblr.com -- my blog

Muul Udonii
THORN Syndicate
Northern Coalition.
#4 - 2013-08-28 15:45:11 UTC
Why not change the 'you can't jump' or 'you cant log in' message to 'you are in the queue to jump/ login'?

All I do is spam jump until it works, which must surely have a worse impact upon performance.
Rengerel en Distel
#5 - 2013-08-28 23:08:47 UTC
Muul Udonii wrote:
Why not change the 'you can't jump' or 'you cant log in' message to 'you are in the queue to jump/ login'?

All I do is spam jump until it works, which must surely have a worse impact upon performance.

I doubt the server doing a math check is very taxing.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Oscha Esservic
Theta1
#6 - 2013-08-28 23:17:07 UTC
Muul Udonii wrote:

I like to think of it as an AFK check. Those people who autopilot in have a high chance of sitting on gate until those people willing to spam the jump button, like you and I Muul, finish up and head home. Plus I image it brings delight to many a ganker.
Oliver Stoned
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-09-13 03:09:52 UTC
While you are at it, you should impose a parking fee for pilots within 30km of the main trade hub.

Like a No Wake zone for boats, but if you remain too long, there is a fee deducted from you wallet.

That should change up peoples tactics.
Theon Severasse
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-09-24 11:03:56 UTC
The gate should let you jump, but you get stuck in the portal thingy until your turn in the queue is up.
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#9 - 2013-10-05 19:53:18 UTC
The pilot limit should be elevated. Let Tidi hit. It would strongly encourage more transactions away from Jita. CCP has been propping it up for far too long.
Kristoff Merkas
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2013-10-27 18:24:45 UTC
Having gone to Jita a few times, I do see this issue.
Imposing restrictions that cause Jita to become a less lucrative SPAM and Trade zone, would be very efficient, and allow for the vast flow of ISK to spread out to lesser systems. Notably the ones around Jita which rarely have people in them, OR the rest of The Forge for that matter.

It would be very economically sound, for Jita to be "lessened" as a Pull Factor for everyone, or atleast do something about the spammer bots, but hey.
That's just the opinion of an EVE Noob.
:)

TMC Contributor

LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM Forever!

I say this... We don't need to blame ourselves just because we've hurt someone, just like when you're walking you can't really blame yourself to crush some ants... that's what being stronger ones

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#11 - 2013-10-28 03:29:39 UTC
How about increasing transaction taxes by 1% for every 100 people in local over the current cap?

The problem will soon self-correct.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
#12 - 2013-10-28 13:33:43 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
How about increasing transaction taxes by 1% for every 100 people in local over the current cap?

The basic idea sounds pretty good actually.
Corp offices rise in price, too, when there's much demand.

It can even explained with lore.. high strain on system/station resources, docking ports messed up all the time..

One effect would prolly be a lot of trade moving to immediate neigbour systems.. which there are a lot of, due to the highway routes around Jita.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#13 - 2013-10-28 14:48:40 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

Yes, goons would log in 2,000 pilots in system just for the LOLZ. Lol

Anyway, I have a better suggestion: how about reducing server population? I am sure that with only 30,000 players logged in, Jita and most of TQ would work smoother.Cool

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-10-28 15:27:26 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

I would guess that a vast majority of people in Jita don't care about transaction taxes.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#15 - 2013-10-28 15:53:14 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

I would guess that a vast majority of people in Jita don't care about transaction taxes.

They will when they start hitting 10%. Or 20%.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#16 - 2013-10-28 23:33:05 UTC
Just have Jita's sec status drop to 0.4 whenever there's more than 1000 in local for an hour.

The problem would quickly become self correcting, as I don't think many people have their medical clone in Jita.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Be4st
State War Academy
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-11-01 03:05:05 UTC
I'm not sure if this would put more strain on the server but what about having the server check and automatically log people out in Jita that have been AFK for say 30 mins. I would say roughly 20% of the Jita population are AFK throughout the whole day. So many people set destination to Jita, hit that autopilot button and go to work/walk the dog/have dinner/bang their girlfriend, and don't come back to the PC for ages
Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#18 - 2013-11-01 13:11:53 UTC
It's Jita, who cares.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#19 - 2013-11-01 22:00:33 UTC
Be4st wrote:
I'm not sure if this would put more strain on the server but what about having the server check and automatically log people out in Jita that have been AFK for say 30 mins. I would say roughly 20% of the Jita population are AFK throughout the whole day. So many people set destination to Jita, hit that autopilot button and go to work/walk the dog/have dinner/bang their girlfriend, and don't come back to the PC for ages

AFAIK only people in space contribute anything of note to Ti-Di. Unless bumpers or gankers take corrective action they do no stay in space long.

AFK and orbiting 4-4 at 70 km in an interceptor, however...

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

David Kir
Hotbirds
#20 - 2013-11-05 21:33:16 UTC
Jita has had a special treatment for too long already.
Move it to a normal node, remove the population cap, let the problem sort itself out.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

12Next page