These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Extend small neut range.

Author
Koujjo Dian
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-09-21 14:13:58 UTC
I believe mid slots in frigate pvp are a bit too powerful compared to utility high slots. You see this a lot with fits like Web/TD firetails and Web/Rail incurses. These are very popular fits because there are few counters to them. If CCP would extend small neut range out to 8500 or so (closer to scram range) this would increase the value of utility high slots on frigates with few mid slots.

This could also be done through overheating by adding a range bonus along with the already present cycle reduction. Cruisers already do not suffer from this problem due to medium neut range being greater than both scram and web range so I don't see how it could be over powered.
Elvis Preslie
NRDS Securities
Apocalypse Now.
#2 - 2013-09-21 14:51:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Elvis Preslie
I dont know what happened to the nos and neuts. the neuts use to reach only 15km and nos would reach 30; now they are reversed and WRONG. If someone is able to neut you, you should be able to NOS them, as a counter defense. Plain and simple; this is why we put nos in the game, isnt it ccp?

PLEASE fix them back; at least make the nos reach the same distance as neuts.

Large bs fighting 100km from each other need to be able to neut each other, I do confess. Therefore, make the nos and neuts reach the same as guns, relative to the size of the ship.
Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2013-09-21 15:21:02 UTC
The ships you are looking for are the Dragoon, and the Armageddon.

You're welcome.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Koujjo Dian
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2013-09-21 15:59:17 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:

You're welcome.

Yeah because those are both frigates..........
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#5 - 2013-09-23 09:16:18 UTC
Koujjo Dian wrote:
Falin Whalen wrote:

You're welcome.

Yeah because those are both frigates..........

Perhaps we need a neut range bonused frigate?

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.