These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Killrights are useless when

Author
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-09-20 18:55:10 UTC
The person u have killrights on simply sits at a station on the dock ready to dock up and wait 15 mins till the kill rights expire. How do you counter this?
The Bounty Collector
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-09-20 18:58:03 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:
The person u have killrights on simply sits at a station on the dock ready to dock up and wait 15 mins till the kill rights expire. How do you counter this?

Petition him for griefing.
Donbe Scurred
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-09-20 18:59:18 UTC
Please insert tears here instead of starting a new thread. He would like the support.
Antony E Stark
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-09-20 20:49:09 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:

Activate them again at a later time?
or
Move neutral scout alt into system
Log off main
Wait until he does something
Kill
Report yourself for impersonating yourself
Get banned
???
Profit
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#5 - 2013-09-20 20:50:22 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:

They don't go away if they sit in station and let it expire. Just wait til they undock then do it again. If they're going to be that foolish as to not just get rid of them on their own, just camp them into station with it.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kahega Amielden
Rifterlings
#6 - 2013-09-20 20:56:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Kahega Amielden
OP has a point. Killrights are useless if activated when the target can simply leave. You should not have to put so much effort into killing a target once a kill right has already been activated

When killrights are activated, the following should happen on the target of the kill right:

-He should become completely stationary, unable to warp or otherwise move
-He should be unable to dock
-He should be unable to lock targets or activate modules
-He should be unable to be remote-repped
-The target should immediately be switched into his most expensive ship, with modules automatically placed into his hold until it is full according to ISK/m3
-If the target has not been destroyed after 10 minutes of the above, his ship should self destruct, awarding the KM to the person who activated the killright
-The target's pod should be destroyed
-The target's pod should be destroyed again, prior to the target waking up and being able to update his med clone
-Any lost SP should be transferred to the activator of the kill right.

Sound good, OP?
The Bounty Collector
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-09-20 21:56:00 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:
OP has a point. Killrights are useless if activated when the target can simply leave. You should not have to put so much effort into killing a target once a kill right has already been activated

When killrights are activated, the following should happen on the target of the kill right:

-The target should immediately be switched into his most expensive ship, with modules automatically placed into his hold until it is full according to ISK/m3
-If the target has not been destroyed after 10 minutes of the above, his ship should self destruct, awarding the KM to the person who activated the killright
-The target's pod should be destroyed again, prior to the target waking up and being able to update his med clone

Sound good, OP?

+1

CCP are you listening??
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2013-09-20 22:35:05 UTC
Kahega Amielden wrote:

Sound good, OP?

A bit over the top .
7'62 SKS
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-09-21 13:23:04 UTC
Or you could just wait until he is NOT sitting on an undock and THEN activate the KR.

KRs aren't useless. Station games are.
Alduin666 Shikkoken
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-09-21 17:36:51 UTC
The Bounty Collector wrote:
Bastion Arzi wrote:

Petition him for griefing.

Normally I would smack you around in your pod for saying that, but with the noob-friendly direction CCP has been taking lately they just might ban him . . .

I miss the pre-jetcan mining nerf days :''(

Honor is a fools prize. [I]Glory is of no use to the dead.[/I]

Be a man! Post with your main! ~Vas'Avi Community Manager

Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-09-21 18:03:38 UTC
maybe it should activate their aggression timer so they cannot dock...
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#12 - 2013-09-21 18:52:44 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:
maybe it should activate their aggression timer so they cannot dock...

But he hasn't aggressed anyone.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#13 - 2013-09-21 22:11:26 UTC
Just make the killright available to everyone for free. Someone will eventuall kill him.
Dave Stark
#14 - 2013-09-21 22:17:59 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Just make the killright available to everyone for free. Someone will eventuall kill him.

yeah because they're never going to undock in a noob ship and have their alt pop them to remove the killright... right?
Tho'mas
Nerds United
#15 - 2013-09-23 20:46:32 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

yeah because they're never going to undock in a noob ship and have their alt pop them to remove the killright... right?

This. It doens't even have to be an alt. Just undock at any trade hub station in a cheap frigate, someone will activate the right, blow their ship, and then they are in the clear. Discovered this the hard way. Had a killright on someone, made it public when they were in a trade hub, thinking "oh now they are screwed" watched them dock immediately, and undock in a cheap frigate, get blown up, and killright is cleared. You have to be careful about when you activate it/make it available.
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2013-09-23 21:58:31 UTC
its tru,

i found my target camping a station with several mates. he was in a stabber. i managed to get within 5km of him but then had no idea how to actually activate my killlright.

after a few minutes i must have spooked em cos they left the system.

after using several locates i found him again but he was onto me this time. I activated the kill right when i closed within 5k and he just zoomed off before i could lock ( scram and web was already hotlocked)

he then undocked in a noob ship and i killed it wasting my killright... oh well live and learn.

For those who dont know it the killiright activation button is in the top right of the selected item window.

Also if u have found ur target and you are within range still overheat the godamn modules cos he might be overheating his mwd just to zoom off when u activate the kill rights and p**s u off.

oh and maybe a sebo would help.

lolz
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#17 - 2013-09-23 23:32:58 UTC  |  Edited by: silens vesica
Bastion Arzi wrote:

Uh... Are you sure you don't mean GCC timer..? Or maybe Limited Engagement timer? IIRC, killrights last much longer than 15 minutes...

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-09-24 00:16:45 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Bastion Arzi wrote:

Uh... Are you sure you don't mean GCC timer..? Or maybe Limited Engagement timer? IIRC, killrights last much longer than 15 minutes...

When you activate the kr, it suspect flags the guy making it so anyone can shoot him. The suspect flag lasts 15min. If he doesn't die in that time, then the flag goes away and you still have a kr available. If he does die, the kr is cleared.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2013-09-24 11:01:53 UTC
thanks for the info. wish i knew that before i wasted it
Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2013-09-24 14:33:47 UTC

What are killrights and why do they actually matter?
12Next page