These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

WARNING: FAILED RANSOM DEAL

First post
Author
Axirillon Grinder
Brosefz
#1 - 2013-09-19 01:37:43 UTC
Be aware of the following people, they ransomed me and a friend for our ships, we paid the ransom then as we ejected (agreed in the deal to let them have a rookie killmail) "mislocated" the ships held for ransom. Also in the deal it was agreed on we would NOT get podded, only to get killed anyway. Our ships got stolen and I lost a set of implants.

Booster Mord - Dirt Nap Squad [D-N-S]
Crassadi Sinq Laison Happiness [HAPEN]
Cypir - Member of rules of aquisition [ROA-A]

Well hope someone will check their names and realise THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER ANYWAY, so don't try a ransom with them.

- Axi
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#2 - 2013-09-19 01:40:33 UTC
This belongs in crime and punishment.

Your crime was in believing. Your punishment lay in dying.
Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-09-19 01:43:24 UTC
Never pay ransom.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#4 - 2013-09-19 01:44:49 UTC
Sounds to me like you were trying to scam them. They did the right thing.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#5 - 2013-09-19 01:45:08 UTC
IB4L.

...on a personal note, I would never honor a ransom. ..so don't pay them.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Tuggboat
Oneida Inc.
#6 - 2013-09-19 01:45:18 UTC
Never trust a man that doesn't mine
Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2013-09-19 01:46:51 UTC
http://digit-8.com/wp-content/images/real-noob.jpg

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Axirillon Grinder
Brosefz
#8 - 2013-09-19 01:48:39 UTC
Yawn making a deal, then not sticking to it is wrong, I'd be okay if they rejected the offer of a ransom OR stuck to it. Doing neither is sad, but just by looking at the replies I got so far this community is what it is. Just hope someone else figures out that they will screw them anyways.

- Axi
BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#9 - 2013-09-19 01:48:53 UTC
Axirillon Grinder wrote:
Be aware of the following people, they ransomed me and a friend for our ships, we paid the ransom then as we ejected (agreed in the deal to let them have a rookie killmail) "mislocated" the ships held for ransom. Also in the deal it was agreed on we would NOT get podded, only to get killed anyway. Our ships got stolen and I lost a set of implants.

Well hope someone will check their names and realise THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER ANYWAY, so don't try a ransom with them.

- Axi

You may be quite shocked at such behavior but this is happening in Eve daily. It's a great way to get isk at very little cost for the ransomers.

welcome to the harsh world of EvE

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-09-19 01:50:44 UTC
Welcome to EVE, please leave your morals and trust in other human beings at the log-in screen.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#11 - 2013-09-19 01:51:08 UTC
Axirillon Grinder wrote:
Yawn making a deal, then not sticking to it is wrong, I'd be okay if they rejected the offer of a ransom OR stuck to it. Doing neither is sad, but just by looking at the replies I got so far this community is what it is. Just hope someone else figures out that they will screw them anyways.

- Axi

Maybe next time you'll get better responses by posting in the appropriate forums.

You seem to have expectation issues. You should have that checked out.
Axirillon Grinder
Brosefz
#12 - 2013-09-19 01:53:16 UTC
Yup a harsh lesson, had faith in humanity, got bitchslapped in the face with reality, too many sad people and then there are people that are actually surprised at homocidal maniacs. But hey it's a game, I learned something new.

- Axi
Ivan Krividus
No Time Needed No Rush
The-Expanse
#13 - 2013-09-19 01:53:49 UTC
Luckily, the one time i was ever in a ransom situation the ransomer let me go. In fact, i had forgot to update my clone and he and a friend had me pointed in a pod. I still get nightmares about that. Anyway, i would offer to pay them 1/3 before they let you go and 2/3 after. If they let you go, just dont pay em the rest. If they were lying about the ransom in the first place, they scammed you out of less, and you can scam them if they let you get away
BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#14 - 2013-09-19 01:55:45 UTC
Axirillon Grinder wrote:

- Axi

Making a deal and then not sticking to it in the real world is wrong in most cases. In this game it's just part of EVE because it is just a game. Your going to find many other things in this game that would be considered wrong in the real world, but allowed in Eve.

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

Tuggboat
Oneida Inc.
#15 - 2013-09-19 01:56:32 UTC
Its so sad you need another beer
Axirillon Grinder
Brosefz
#16 - 2013-09-19 01:57:25 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Axirillon Grinder wrote:

- Axi

Maybe next time you'll get better responses by posting in the appropriate forums.

You seem to have expectation issues. You should have that checked out.

appropriate forums? You kidding right? I don't expect anything to happen because in reality nothing will, what I hope for is for 1 person to read this and realise they this is screw me online rather than anything else, moral is "I will screw the **** outta my fellow players, just because I can" but hey I'm a naïve guy, I put trust in my fellow man, shame on me.

- Axi
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#17 - 2013-09-19 02:00:18 UTC
Those pirates are poo poo heads! This will be dealt with.

Who put the goat in there?

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2013-09-19 02:01:57 UTC
Axirillon Grinder wrote:

- Axi

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#19 - 2013-09-19 02:15:35 UTC
Axirillon Grinder wrote:

appropriate forums? You kidding right?

Nope. There's a forum for the kind of whining you're doing. It's called Crime and Punishment.

Quote:

but hey I'm a naïve guy

Yep. You are.
Axirillon Grinder
Brosefz
#20 - 2013-09-19 02:19:25 UTC
He he, guess we're at a difference of opinion, "whining" imho would be crying that it was unfair, all I am trying to achieve is to raise some awareness, crime and punishment imho would refer to something against the rules and thus punishable, this doesn't seem like it thus for raising awareness I'd guess general discussion would be the right place.

- Axi
123Next pageLast page