These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Kill right question's

Author
Mr Chili Palmer
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-09-17 19:10:05 UTC
Sorry if this is lame, but can someone tell me how i tell if someone has a kill right on them that i can activate? i know how to see my own on me and any i have against other players, but i am not sure how i look for kill rights on random players via the overview.

also if i sell/release a kill right to my corp how do other players in my corp find that kill right?

thanks

"If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried"

"If your boss is getting you down, look at him through the prongs of a fork and imagine him in jail"

Rengerel en Distel
#2 - 2013-09-17 19:40:21 UTC
Turn on the overview tag for killrights?

No clue about the corp part.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

SquirlRuler Cadelanne
Guilliman Initiative
#3 - 2013-09-17 19:41:58 UTC
Quote:
There are new overview background colours and icons for the new kill rights system, these are disabled by default. This means if you want to see if a player has an active kill right on him, you will need to enable these items in your overview settings. Firstly you need to be in space, then select your overview settings and select Appearance. Now you can enable the orange crosshair icon for kill rights in the color tag section. Then select Background and activate the orange kill right background color. You will now see people who have kill rights available for you to activate in your overview without needing to select them, I also hope this means they will have an icon beside their name in local chat.

Taken from here.

Slipping steadily into madness; now that is the only place to be free.

BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#4 - 2013-09-18 03:02:02 UTC
^^

happy hunting

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#5 - 2013-09-18 07:56:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Inxentas Ultramar
If you want to hunt down ("find") a specific player that has a known killright...

1. Add the person to your Watchlist to see when he logs on / off.
2. Start using Locator Agents.

If you click a player with an active killright on his head, the Selected Item panel will have an extra button (looks like a targetting reticule) in the top right corner. You need to click it in order to activate the KR. I don't think killrights set available for corp / aliance show up in any part of the UI, but lurk your Alliance channel for that intel. You can also deduct it somewhat from empire ganks on killboards etcetera, the obvious ganks often lead to usable killrights.