These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Competitive Gaming

First post
Author
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#321 - 2013-09-17 21:15:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
no gamer goes to a company and tells them what they want, except me... competitive gamers will love the pvp mechanics provided by eve, but only if they are fast accessible in leagues and arenas... I'm highly convinced that after they had their arena fun, they will hop into eves metagame and do stuff there as well

think of arena fights 1000 vs. 1000 ...accessible in an 1000 vs. 1000 matchup, all gamers out there would want to be part of this, and eve could provide it, every day
That's a great theory, but you have to PROVE IT. CCP aren't just going to implement a feature because some random new player says it will be a success. They need hard evidence that a change like this would bring in a population.

sure they would need to look into that, however I do not even think that the matchmaking system would be that hard to program, they could do a beta version pretty quick, and start testing it

What? Your response makes literally no sense in relation to the quote.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#322 - 2013-09-17 21:23:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Roime wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

there is no competitive PvP in this game, its all about shooting weaker opponents

It's full of competitive PVP, but it really appears that you are not competitive enough for EVE.

Quote:
competition only happens without loss

No, without losses there are no wins either. Competing is about winning.

Your output resembles that of a bot, you fail to read other people's posts and answer their questions, and keep repeating the same sentences over and over like that would make them somehow more valid.

gl, Harry o7

I reapeat it until you understand it, trust me its no fun explaining, you could get it after the first post already, but you don't want to understand

read the other post on or two up here, other people made the same suggestion like me already, gamers with competition in mind

there is no competition if you have to wait and grind 90% of the time, and at the end you just shoot one frigate 30 vs. 1 (a fight that is over in 30 seconds)

thast your gameplay, but not mine every day, I'm interested in something different in addition, and most gamers out there as well!
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#323 - 2013-09-17 21:26:12 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
no gamer goes to a company and tells them what they want, except me... competitive gamers will love the pvp mechanics provided by eve, but only if they are fast accessible in leagues and arenas... I'm highly convinced that after they had their arena fun, they will hop into eves metagame and do stuff there as well

think of arena fights 1000 vs. 1000 ...accessible in an 1000 vs. 1000 matchup, all gamers out there would want to be part of this, and eve could provide it, every day
That's a great theory, but you have to PROVE IT. CCP aren't just going to implement a feature because some random new player says it will be a success. They need hard evidence that a change like this would bring in a population.

sure they would need to look into that, however I do not even think that the matchmaking system would be that hard to program, they could do a beta version pretty quick, and start testing it

What? Your response makes literally no sense in relation to the quote.

the only prove is to get a early version out there and test it. they can provide that quick.
samualvimes
Brothers At Arms
#324 - 2013-09-17 21:28:52 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

there is no competitive PvP in this game, its all about shooting weaker opponents

It's full of competitive PVP, but it really appears that you are not competitive enough for EVE.

Quote:

Your output resembles that of a bot, you fail to read other people's posts and answer their questions, and keep repeating the same sentences over and over like that would make them somehow more valid.

gl, Harry o7

I reapeat it until you understand it, trust me its no fun explaining, you could get it after the first post already, but you don't want to understand

read the other post on or two up here, other people made the same suggestion like me already, gamers with competition in mind

there is no competition if you have to wait and grind 90% of the time, and at the end you just shoot one frigate 30 vs. 1 (a fight that is over in 30 seconds)

thast your gameplay, but not mine every day, I'm interested in something different in addition, and most gamers out there as well!

I really think it's you that doesn't understand. Your version of EvE PvP ISN'T EVE PVP!

Eve PvP relies on putting something on the line that you might lose. It's about planning that other hostile parties may arrive to stop you. It's about knowing you destroyed something of value. It's about the uniqueness of almost every conflict as they emerge.

Even the Alliance tourny have real ships.

Your suggestions are trying to fit a square pegged model into a Hugely dark and spikey EvE shaped hole.

It just doesn't fit in EvE

If you've never tried PvP in EvE it's quite possible you've missed out on one of the greatest rushes available in modern gaming.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#325 - 2013-09-17 21:51:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
samualvimes wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

Quote:

gl, Harry o7

I really think it's you that doesn't understand. Your version of EvE PvP ISN'T EVE PVP!

Eve PvP relies on putting something on the line that you might lose. It's about planning that other hostile parties may arrive to stop you. It's about knowing you destroyed something of value. It's about the uniqueness of almost every conflict as they emerge.

Even the Alliance tourny have real ships.

Your suggestions are trying to fit a square pegged model into a Hugely dark and spikey EvE shaped hole.

It just doesn't fit in EvE

its not eve right now, because its a new gamemode, you are pretty smart indeed

your sandbox won't be changed, this is a gamemode in addition to the sandbox

are your brains not able to proccess this simple information?

other eve players suggested this as well, it is what competitive gamers want, it won't holdup anybody from playing the sandbox part of the game, that is seperated from this new arena and league gameplay

if you don't want to play it just stick to the sandbox, or if you want both like me, then just play both

if you are just able to handle sandbox, then fine, let us true gamers handle all aspects of gaming, we are capable to do it

stop talking against ideas and holding up developement, you babies talking bad about new stuff just stop CCP from bringing new content
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#326 - 2013-09-17 21:56:12 UTC
^^ I guess bonehead missed the syndicate league right on the launcher.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#327 - 2013-09-17 22:00:05 UTC
Onictus wrote:

mister smarguy here missed the point that gamers want true leagues, and had to do it on their own on stupid sisi

smart dude up there is unable to understand that the client should be updated to assure matchmaking can take place ever day

mister smartkid also did not understand that we are using computers in our world who handle such things

samualvimes
Brothers At Arms
#328 - 2013-09-17 22:01:28 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Onictus wrote:

mister smarguy here missed the point that gamers want true leagues, and had to do it on their own on stupid sisi

smart dude up there is unable to understand that the client should be updated to assure matchmaking can take place ever day

mister smartkid also did not understand that we are using computers in our world who handle such things

Tell you what find quotes from 3 other people proving this is what real competitive gamers want.

The Onus of proof is on you as you brought the idea up.

If you've never tried PvP in EvE it's quite possible you've missed out on one of the greatest rushes available in modern gaming.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#329 - 2013-09-17 22:03:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
samualvimes wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
Onictus wrote:

Tell you what find quotes from 3 other people proving this is what real competitive gamers want.

The Onus of proof is on you as you brought the idea up.

look it up, buddy, its one or two comments up there, CCP also discussed about it, but people like you put it on hold like all the good stuff they think about, because if they add too much they fear they loose players because you babies can not handle more content
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#330 - 2013-09-17 22:27:49 UTC
That's not proof harry try again. Oh and still afraid to fight me?
supernova ranger
The End of Eternity
#331 - 2013-09-17 22:31:09 UTC
I think structure pvp is a good idea as it lets people put their money where there mouth is and in EVE where combat is the only way to shut people up. That said, everything that is a part of eve has to go with it.

Namely if you want to fight someone, expect repercussions and the possibility that the party you made can and probably will be crashed by a third party.

1. You risk your own assets
2. Others not in the match must have the opportunity to effect on-goings as is the nature of sandbox eve.
supernova ranger
The End of Eternity
#332 - 2013-09-17 22:32:50 UTC
Ustrello wrote:
That's not proof harry try again. Oh and still afraid to fight me?

I'll fight you.. if you come outta nullsec and actual go to a system I can make it too
Veritaal
Veri-Tech Tax Haven
#333 - 2013-09-17 23:39:09 UTC
The game already provides this in the form of SiSi.

If you don't like SiSi, then enter the Alliance Tournament.

Or if you want fights to be available all day every day, join RVB.

I won't join the majority opinion of "this idea would destroy EvE!", But I will say that it is unnecessary, and would be a waste of developer time. Plus, you're basically asking for the equivalent of WoW's battlegrounds/arenas. I know WoW has never been a real PVP game, but once these were released it killed most world PVP, which was something I thoroughly enjoyed.

I'd rather see the devs get around to balancing the darn pirate faction cruisers and buying some healthier hamsters for Tranquility.
supernova ranger
The End of Eternity
#334 - 2013-09-18 02:09:36 UTC
Veritaal wrote:
The game already provides this in the form of SiSi.

If you don't like SiSi, then enter the Alliance Tournament.

Or if you want fights to be available all day every day, join RVB.

I won't join the majority opinion of "this idea would destroy EvE!", But I will say that it is unnecessary, and would be a waste of developer time. Plus, you're basically asking for the equivalent of WoW's battlegrounds/arenas. I know WoW has never been a real PVP game, but once these were released it killed most world PVP, which was something I thoroughly enjoyed.

I'd rather see the devs get around to balancing the darn pirate faction cruisers and buying some healthier hamsters for Tranquility.

What about just empty sites called arenas with 6 acceleration gates that anyone can warp too? Instead of entering war they have the other option of entering tournament where they receive no sec status hits for 1v1 kills, give them the mechanics to set up a tournament where 2 wins increases your rank and 1 loss decreases it with a little more thought into it.

And not just anyone can join the alliance tournament... It's not a feature available to everyone in Eve.
Tel Perion
Hazy Services Incorporated
#335 - 2013-09-18 06:29:16 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
[quote=samualvimes]look it up, buddy, its one or two comments up there, CCP also discussed about it, but people like you put it on hold like all the good stuff they think about, because if they add too much they fear they loose players because you babies can not handle more content

I generally don't feel the need to post on the forums but I occasionally make an exception for a truly appalling poster.

Harry, you're a douche of the highest order. At worst you're on your own (and have been posting with alts) or at best you have one person who's with you on this. That means that you're in opposition to the rest of the players. Just in this thread you're opposed by a lot of different people. Your assertion that there are only 5 people who oppose you just goes to show how little you grasp.

You say this will be content but it won't. In no way will it add to the spiders web of interactions within EVE which means it won't be part of the game at all. No interactions, no losses, enormous expense of CCP dev time and therefore money. Why should CCP use valuable developer resource to build something just for you when you can build it yourself. Saying "I don't want to build it myself. I want CCP to do everything for me and make me and my ship safe because I'm too scared to use it in actual PVP" (paraphrased) simply isn't enough of a reason for them to do it. They will, in the end, use their development resources to either build what they think is best and/or what the majority of the community wants them to.

That isn't ANY of your proposals that I've read.

You say you're some elite pvp guy who's been picking on the goons? Well, from what I can see you've been killing pods and noob ships in a cov ops cloaked ship. Well done, Harry. That's soooo l33t. Try picking on a target that might actually shoot back and then come and tell the world you're a PvPer.

In conclusion: You're a douche, Harry.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#336 - 2013-09-18 06:40:05 UTC
Can't get fights in nullsec because he is a living joke. Can't get real fights on sisi, because to get into the Syndicate tourney requires you to have friends, and to not be terrible at the game. Chased out of GD (took me forever, but I finally did it).

Now, sits around in F&I with the rest of the bad ideas.

Seriously, Harry, quit this game, uninstall, and never entertain the thought of installing it ever again. Silly kiddy shooters like CoD are made for people like you. You want instant action, on demand, all day every day like the rest of the ADD generation? You will not, and will never find it here.

Enough with the lies, enough with the posturing, enough with blocking everyone who tells you how bad you are, and enough with the bad ideas. We. do. not. want. you. here.

Get out.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

samualvimes
Brothers At Arms
#337 - 2013-09-18 06:52:53 UTC
I really am starting to believe that Harry might actually be the alt of someone.

Raising all the worst ideas in the game one at a time so that they can be publically and openly shot down to try and destroy the idea once and for all.

Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#338 - 2013-09-18 07:34:50 UTC
At least he is entertaining the Forums and besides that even a bad Idea is an Idea.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#339 - 2013-09-18 14:59:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
good you guys are no developers, its hard enough to have you on the forum

you all got no clue about what gamers want these days, you got no clue about trends

you just know, what was 10 years ago and there you got stuck... you just live in the past and want to keep it that way

I'm sure you guys all still cook with fire

the funniest thing is that you play a futuristic game but you play and think about it like caveman
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#340 - 2013-09-18 15:15:16 UTC
I'm afraid you still have a lot of work to do convincing anyone that you have a clue about anything in general.

I have a microwave oven, btw

so there