These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

destroyers - gankers and high sec

First post First post
Author
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#181 - 2013-09-17 00:23:32 UTC
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:
MeestaPenni wrote:
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:
they aren't even playing the game.

For the life of me...I can't figure out why anyone gives a s**t.

Out of context quoting means you're cool.

Oh, and I give a hoot because I am tired of all the complaining from someone who didn't even bother to attempt to defend themselves, how I shouldn't have been able to kill them in the first place. Last I checked, I didn't sign up for Hello Kitty Online Adventure.

Maybe you need some "clarifications" as to how bad of a person you are.

Go for it. :P

It takes a gm to make massively sweeping changes that were always there and catch tons of "bad guys"

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Crimson Gauntlet
Six Gun Sound
#182 - 2013-09-17 00:39:12 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

It takes a gm to make massively sweeping changes that were always there and catch tons of "bad guys"

Wait, so you're telling me CCP isn't entirely populated and staffed by goons? Well, that broke my little bubble... now to hide in a corner and go gank miners because I'm really insecure irl and feel bad about myself.

Or not.
Number of times my posts have come in after the dev/mod locked the thread:  1
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#183 - 2013-09-17 01:01:48 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

Maybe you need some "clarifications" as to how bad of a person you are.

Should we be using faction fit T1 clarifications these days, or T3 clarifications with the Obfuscation Subsystem installed?
Lady Areola Fappington
#184 - 2013-09-17 01:18:57 UTC
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:

Wait, so you're telling me CCP isn't entirely populated and staffed by goons? Well, that broke my little bubble... now to hide in a corner and go gank miners because I'm really insecure irl and feel bad about myself.

Or not.

You forgot, you're also unemployed living in your parents basement. Most likely a kid too.

Don't forget sociopath.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Crimson Gauntlet
Six Gun Sound
#185 - 2013-09-17 01:22:03 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:

Or not.

You forgot, you're also unemployed living in your parents basement. Most likely a kid too.

Don't forget sociopath.

Ah, yes. A recent one also is that I cry myself to sleep at night clutching my huge, pink, fluffy teddybear whilst remembering how my parents molested me.

Not even a month in, and I have learned so much about myself.
MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#186 - 2013-09-17 01:32:59 UTC
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:
MeestaPenni wrote:
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:
they aren't even playing the game.

For the life of me...I can't figure out why anyone gives a s**t.

Out of context quoting means you're cool.

Oh, and I give a hoot because I am tired of all the complaining from someone who didn't even bother to attempt to defend themselves, how I shouldn't have been able to kill them in the first place. Last I checked, I didn't sign up for Hello Kitty Online Adventure.

Hard to be out of context when the quoted portion is the context of your post. It kind of looks to me like you are in fact playing a game much easier and gentler than Hello Kitty Online Adventure. You're playing a game against opponents that aren't even at the keyboard.

How much simpler can it get?

I am not Prencleeve Grothsmore.

Lady Areola Fappington
#187 - 2013-09-17 01:33:15 UTC
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:

Ah, yes. A recent one also is that I cry myself to sleep at night clutching my huge, pink, fluffy teddybear whilst remembering how my parents molested me.

Hey there's nothing wrong with having a huge fluffy teddybear, and nobody will think less of you for having one in bed.

RIght guys?

Shutup I've had it since I was little and it's comfy.

Kinda creepy to have in bed during sexual relations, though. The eyes, they watch.....

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Crimson Gauntlet
Six Gun Sound
#188 - 2013-09-17 01:39:01 UTC
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:

Hey there's nothing wrong with having a huge fluffy teddybear, and nobody will think less of you for having one in bed.

RIght guys?

Kinda creepy to have in bed during sexual relations, though. The eyes, they watch.....

Now I don't feel so bad that my retort about the teddybear thing was "hey, shut up! It's a kitty, I'll have you know!"
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#189 - 2013-09-17 15:31:17 UTC
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:

Or not.

Don't forget sociopath.

Are you still wetting the bed?
Georgina Parmala
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#190 - 2013-09-17 18:39:59 UTC
Angeal MacNova wrote:

All I know is when Aion came out, it went down hill fast and one of the biggest reasons was the ganking. You suicide yourself to lose xp and maintain a certain level, twink yourself out, and go through the portal to ambush unsuspecting victims as they try and fight pve mobs in their homeland.

You almost made me spit my drink at my monitor.

Significantly north of 50% of my Aion deaths were from falling damage. More specifically, falling to my death due to disconnections while flying between islands in the abyss. I and everyone I knew quit because of the usual asian mmo grind, because 2 out of 3 characters you ran into were blatant bots that were completely ignored by ncsoft, instability and disconnections, and the complete piece of crap lag fest it became with something like 50+ people on screen fighting over objectives.

Twinks ganking a poor solo quester? Please. Any time rifters showed up there would be 20 man zergs trying to whore the killing blow.

Unless you're not talking about, you know, when the game came out.

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=276984&p=38

Georgina Parmala
Caldari State
#191 - 2013-09-17 18:48:19 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

75% of players are in high sec. Don't tell me that they're 3 of the each null seccers alts because that's bs. PvE primarily is what keeps this game afloat.

Confirming I currently have 2 characters in null and 4 in high sec. So maybe more like 2 of the 3.

PvE is what gets people undocking to facilitate some measure of interaction and provide a monetary incentive for pvp conflict. So yes, it does keep the game afloat - regardless of the security status of the system where this activity takes place. That has nothing to do with High Sec, but at least you're right about something.

Science and Trade Institute [STI] is an NPC entity and as such my views do not represent those of the entity or any of its members

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#192 - 2013-09-17 18:51:37 UTC
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:

RIght guys?

Teddybear doesn't judge. Just wants you to be happy.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Georgina Parmala
Caldari State
#193 - 2013-09-17 18:54:00 UTC
Plastic Psycho wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
...see, I actually have a life.

You were doing great, right up this point. 'Tis a commonly-held but fallacious belief that gankers have no life. We do. Or, at least, most of us do. Just as most EVE players in general have a life.

We just play differently.

I (in a way) grind repetitive tasks at work. When I get home and finally put the kids to bed, I ...

Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#194 - 2013-09-17 18:54:22 UTC
Belana Mawr wrote:
Mizhir wrote:
You can make the gank cost more if you use a Skiff (I think thats the tanky barge).

Then they team up and 2 destroyers (6mills worth) will take out your skiff

and still have time to pop your pod,

I challenge you to kill my skiff with 5 destroyers before concord arrive.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#195 - 2013-09-17 19:07:53 UTC
Tippia wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
apparently for 3m isk you can get an 800 dps ship.

i didn't know about this, did you?

Must be the same place I can get my mega hulls with the power of a fleet of vindicators.

You're just bitter you can't fit a bomb launcher on your Mega.

Its one of my three big issues in life.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#196 - 2013-09-18 02:20:34 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Tippia wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
apparently for 3m isk you can get an 800 dps ship.

i didn't know about this, did you?

Must be the same place I can get my mega hulls with the power of a fleet of vindicators.

You're just bitter you can't fit a bomb launcher on your Mega.

Its one of my three big issues in life.

I hesitate to ask, but what are the other two?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Karrl Tian
Doomheim
#197 - 2013-09-18 03:40:22 UTC
Belana Mawr wrote:

Nice try, your original post was quoted.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#198 - 2013-09-18 03:53:54 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Belana Mawr wrote:

Even if you are not afk and aligned the speed these destroyers take out exhumers is scary, Insta lock and scram... game over

If you're not AFK, then you must notice that scanning ship or Venture with its nose crammed square up the ass of your mining ship at 0m, providing the warp-in for his gank buddies. That's your first indicator that it's time to GTFO.

The pro gankers use cloaked ships 10km away. Because you can warp to 10km if you want to.
Crimson Gauntlet
Six Gun Sound
#199 - 2013-09-18 04:06:36 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Belana Mawr wrote:

Even if you are not afk and aligned the speed these destroyers take out exhumers is scary, Insta lock and scram... game over

If you're not AFK, then you must notice that scanning ship or Venture with its nose crammed square up the ass of your mining ship at 0m, providing the warp-in for his gank buddies. That's your first indicator that it's time to GTFO.

The pro gankers use cloaked ships 10km away. Because you can warp to 10km if you want to.

And of course, you'd have to have ignored the reds in local too.

No amount of pedantic arguments get past that simple fact. If you die to someone who has been suicide ganking for a while, it was your fault for some reason, but it was always your fault. I suspect this is the primary reason that ganking causes so much anger/butthurt among the "victims". Because it is their fault, they know it is, and the desire to not admit this is just that strong.

It's not like they can hot drop you. They have to show up in local before anything happens. There isn't really any excuse.
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#200 - 2013-09-18 05:18:52 UTC
Crimson Gauntlet wrote:
now to hide in a corner and go gank miners because I'm really insecure irl and feel bad about myself.

Or not.

Don't forget sociopath.
A couple of days ago I learned that I'm "some skinny little guy in real life with a small man complex." Ugh

Who put the goat in there?