These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Competitive Gaming

First post
Author
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#281 - 2013-09-17 13:01:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Roime wrote:
You're not really making the slightest effort to read what people write or have a discussion. It's like you're covering your ears and just keep repeating the same argument over and over again.

Except you contradict your own arguments all the time.

Really man, if you want a game that is not connected to the EVE sandbox, there are millions out there.

no, I want the eve game engine be used for competitive gaming, in a seperate gamemode for leagues and arenas

I want big easy accessible fights with a matchupsystem over the client like starcraft, I want this within the eve engine because its the perfect engine for it and its the only engine to handle 1000 vs. 1000 shipfights and stuff, all EvE pvp mechanics should apply, the only thing needed is a seperate node or server for it to handle the fights and the league system and the matchmaking mechanic

just accept it, my opinion won't change and it does not harm you from playing sandbox because its seperated
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#282 - 2013-09-17 13:03:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
competitive gamers out there want to use their brain not do repetitive stuff for hours or wait for the 20 jumps

the arena should be accessible over every station, its a VR room completely seperated from the universe

it feels like all of you guys are stuck in the sandbox, this has nothing to do with sanbox, its a different gamemode

Its hard to understand why you guys can not vision this, because its easy to vision stuff like that for me

think about it like starcraft, this is not about organizing events in the universe, its about a gamemode just for leagues

they won't happen out there, they happen in a seperated area, without traveling time and all that stuff

its pure instant pvp... matchup is taken care by the client, no talking to you complicated people
It's not hard to "vision", it's just a terrible idea, which would pull people away from the main game in favor of lossless PvP. It's hard to understand why you can't "vision" the damage this would do to the economic structure of EvE.

you guys just keep playing in the sanbox and nothing will change

I will play in the sandbox as well in addition, however i will play leagues and arenas as well

you want just mining, go mining, let everybody decide for himself, you are not hte one who makes other peoples decision no matter how hard you would love to

thanks
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#283 - 2013-09-17 13:06:54 UTC
Well then you just have to do it man. Form a company, licence the engine code from CCP and get to work.

We don't want dev time allocated to this kind of feature, you just have to accept that your opinion doesn't matter.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#284 - 2013-09-17 13:09:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Roime wrote:
Well then you just have to do it man. Form a company, licence the engine code from CCP and get to work.

We don't want dev time allocated to this kind of feature, you just have to accept that your opinion doesn't matter.

you are the only one who does not want it, you and 10 other forum trolls

however thanks for bumping the idea with your responses all the time

at the end its you 10 people vs. 100 million competitve gamers out there

I'm sure CCP will make the right decision
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#285 - 2013-09-17 13:13:41 UTC
Maybe you haven't noticed but you are the only one who wants it.

Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#286 - 2013-09-17 13:16:06 UTC
Alice Saki wrote:
Princess Saskia wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Eve is an arena. In it's entirety. Intellect is your weapon, your ship merely the tip of the spear.

One of the statements I actually agree with.

Just the tip?

You want more than the tip? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TIP! lol. See what I did there.

I too agree with this statement though...EVE Online: The Intellectual MMO.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#287 - 2013-09-17 13:32:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Harry Forever wrote:
Roime wrote:

you are the only one who does not want it, you and 10 other forum trolls

however thanks for bumping the idea with your responses all the time

at the end its you 10 people vs. 100 million competitve gamers out there

I'm sure CCP will make the right decision

No, YOU are the ONLY ONE who wants this. Who else wants it? Where's your army of supporters?
Most people are smart enough to not want CCP to kill EVE just to appease you.

EDIT: Oh and don't worry, CCP will make the right decision. They will leave this crappy idea out.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#288 - 2013-09-17 14:40:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Roime wrote:
Maybe you haven't noticed but you are the only one who wants it.

most of those gamers are not in eve right now, and even less are on the forums

there are only 10 people here resistant to changes, thats all, you don't count

all people who play starcraft or leagues of legends would want this

a lot people from the FPS front would try it out...

even you support my idea by bumping it all the time with your comments

you just say no becaue you are angry about something and you unleash your anger on the forum

maybe you have a boss where you can't speak up, thats why you go to the eve forum to tell everybody:

"look, here I am, and I can say NO"

it has nothing to do with my idea, you just have fun saying no

however even at the forum many liked my idea already check it out, many more then you two guys that talk against it...
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#289 - 2013-09-17 14:53:05 UTC
Those who don't like EVE play other games, goes the other way around as well. Why don't you go to Starcraft, LoL or CoD forums and demand that they add single-shard, full loot open world sandbox MMO to their games?

That's why there are different games, something for everybody. EVE has a unique flavour of PVP, and it's the sum of several factors. Your idea would remove all the things that make it unique and interesting. Consequences and unpredictability for starters.

I say no to your idea because it's terrible, and you are really quite bad at presenting it and discussing it.

If I feel angry about something, I go shoot spaceships. You should try PVP some day too, you might like it!

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#290 - 2013-09-17 15:04:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Roime wrote:
Those who don't like EVE play other games, goes the other way around as well. Why don't you go to Starcraft, LoL or CoD forums and demand that they add single-shard, full loot open world sandbox MMO to their games?

That's why there are different games, something for everybody. EVE has a unique flavour of PVP, and it's the sum of several factors. Your idea would remove all the things that make it unique and interesting. Consequences and unpredictability for starters.

I say no to your idea because it's terrible, and you are really quite bad at presenting it and discussing it.

If I feel angry about something, I go shoot spaceships. You should try PVP some day too, you might like it!

like i mentioned it already, leagues and areans would not hold me back from playing the sandbox, thats where you miss two gamemodes vs. one... this is just to be seen as addition, if you don't want to play that part, fine

looking at your killboard shows me a lot, you got a k/d of 1000/100, that suggests you search only for the easy targets in the safety of your fleet or search for a newb who enters your system with way lower skilltrainingtime

you are not a guy who searches for risk and challanges, becaue if you would your k/d would be closer to 50/50

your style and gameply is just different, thats why you will never understand what is needed here

we want EvE gameplay in arenas, no other game, please understand and don't act so pigheaded

if you don't like arenas just don't play it, you would fail anyway because your type of gameplay would not be possible there

it would be more even matchups with bigger challanges, instead of your 30 vs. 1 pew pew
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#291 - 2013-09-17 15:05:48 UTC
Harry almost all of eve disagrees with you. If you want this so bad go make it yourself
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#292 - 2013-09-17 15:08:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Ustrello wrote:
Harry almost all of eve disagrees with you. If you want this so bad go make it yourself

5 people disagree, I already got more likes than you 5 who disagree with everything, nobody listens to people like you

you are just there to bump my threads, nothing more... its 5 against millions of competitive gamers out there
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#293 - 2013-09-17 15:10:38 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

5 people disagree, I already got more likes than you 5 who disagree with everything, nobody listens to people like you

you are just there to bump my threads, nothing more... its 5 against millions of competitive gamers out there

Is that an unironic I got more likes than you? Try harder harry you are terrible at pvp and won't amount to anything
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#294 - 2013-09-17 15:24:42 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Ustrello wrote:

Your arithmetic is as abysmal as your comprehension. Count it again. It's a hell of a lot more than 5 people who disagree with you.

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#295 - 2013-09-17 15:25:16 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
dude, create your own topic if you are unable to grow an existing one, I'm tired of you nosayers, all you do is say no, you people don't add **** to the game, you are just a pain in the ass man

come up with your own ideas, or grow out existing ones, don't holdup the conversation all the time

don't holdup progress and people who actually come up with something, you got no clue of developement process

no no no, yea we know your optinion, now leave!

How dare you to demand someone to respect your opinions and awful ideas when you have no respect for this game its community or its rules?

Start by respecting others opinions if you want yours to be respected or at least considered, even thou they're awful and you should feel bad for posting such nonsense in this forum and to finish my point, the only true disrespectful guy and pain in the ass here, is you.

you sure life in the rules somebody gives you, growup and life under your own rules and decisions

you mentioned that you don't agree, you can leave now, because with your mindset your are not able to add anything to the topic except holding up its developement

There's nothing else to add to your comments than what has been already said. You say you want to add "stuff", well your stuff or "horrible ideas" like we call them are like cancer for successful games like Eve that are not for all mindsets and specially not E-Sports dudes loving macros/add-ons (hacks mostly), they have nothing to add to this game but downgrade and devalue what makes this game so great.

Go on Sisi, make your own blog and invite dudes to also log in Sisi, participate to mass tests and get 3M free Sp to build your characters and play your arena thing.
Leave TQ as it is, we don't want it by any means and you have no idea how much this would cost to CCP but they already do what it means loosing 20% staff because of stupid decisions and ideas like yours.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#296 - 2013-09-17 15:52:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
Harry Forever wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:
dude, create your own topic if you are unable to grow an existing one, I'm tired of you nosayers, all you do is say no, you people don't add **** to the game, you are just a pain in the ass man

come up with your own ideas, or grow out existing ones, don't holdup the conversation all the time

don't holdup progress and people who actually come up with something, you got no clue of developement process

no no no, yea we know your optinion, now leave!

How dare you to demand someone to respect your opinions and awful ideas when you have no respect for this game its community or its rules?

Start by respecting others opinions if you want yours to be respected or at least considered, even thou they're awful and you should feel bad for posting such nonsense in this forum and to finish my point, the only true disrespectful guy and pain in the ass here, is you.

you sure life in the rules somebody gives you, growup and life under your own rules and decisions

you mentioned that you don't agree, you can leave now, because with your mindset your are not able to add anything to the topic except holding up its developement

There's nothing else to add to your comments than what has been already said. You say you want to add "stuff", well your stuff or "horrible ideas" like we call them are like cancer for successful games like Eve that are not for all mindsets and specially not E-Sports dudes loving macros/add-ons (hacks mostly), they have nothing to add to this game but downgrade and devalue what makes this game so great.

Go on Sisi, make your own blog and invite dudes to also log in Sisi, participate to mass tests and get 3M free Sp to build your characters and play your arena thing.
Leave TQ as it is, we don't want it by any means and you have no idea how much this would cost to CCP but they already do what it means loosing 20% staff because of stupid decisions and ideas like yours.

they would have needed to hire 100 people if they would have attracted the competitive gaming crowd, staff had to leave because your eve does not attract as much people as it should, thats why you need to add some stuff to fill the gap

all fine with the metagame, eve does a good job there, but you need to attract casual gamers as well, not just the ones you are talking about

you want to be special, don't hold back the game because of that

you missunderstand "the universe is yours" you see the universe more like a box, small and restricted

attracting and holding big masses of players will be key, and only be an advantage for the metagame as well

you are against more people in eve, thats your meain reason because then you would not feel special anymore

all parts who could bring more people you are extremely against, because that is how you people are

you ruined the WiS developement, you just ruin everything...

and you just say it to feel cool and be liked by the other stupid kids, thats your reasoning
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#297 - 2013-09-17 15:56:39 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:
they would have needed to hire 100 people if they would have attracted the competitive gaming crowd, staff had to leave because your eve does not attract as much people as it should, thats why you need to add some stuff to fill the gap

all fine with the metagame, eve does a good job there, but you need to attract casual gamers as well, not just the ones you are talking about

you missunderstand "the universe is yours" you see the universe more like a box, small and restricted

attracting and holding big masses of players will be key, and only be an advantage for the metagame as well

you are against more people in eve, thats your meain reason because then you would not feel special anymore

all parts who could bring more people you are extremely against, because that is how you people are

and you just say it to feel cool and be liked by the other stupid kids, thats your reasoning
No Harry. Wrong about literally everything.

Look, if thousands of people want this, why not get them all to come here and tell us. I'm sure if that happened, CCP would jump on making it straight away.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#298 - 2013-09-17 16:17:24 UTC
Harry Forever wrote:

like i mentioned it already, leagues and areans would not hold me back from playing the sandbox, thats where you miss two gamemodes vs. one... this is just to be seen as addition, if you don't want to play that part, fine

No, actually you said that arenas would take 30-40% of your EVE time. And most importantly, you want them because you don't understand or like the nature of open world PVP.

Quote:
looking at your killboard shows me a lot, you got a k/d of 1000/100, that suggests you search only for the easy targets in the safety of your fleet or search for a newb who enters your system with way lower skilltrainingtime

you are not a guy who searches for risk and challanges, becaue if you would your k/d would be closer to 50/50

your style and gameply is just different, thats why you will never understand what is needed here

50% efficiency means that someone is just hopelessly terrible :D

But yes, by comparing our killboards it's pretty obvious that I'm a horrible blobber and risk averse pilot who only kills noobs in noobships and pods, and you seek out risk and challenges, from places such as Couster.

Quote:
we want EvE gameplay in arenas, no other game, please understand and don't act so pigheaded

You want, there's no-one else supporting you.

Quote:
if you don't like arenas just don't play it, you would fail anyway because your type of gameplay would not be possible there

it would be more even matchups with bigger challanges, instead of your 30 vs. 1 pew pew

You mean like even matchups like destroyers vs Ventures? Or bombers vs cyno frigs? Sounds intriguing.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#299 - 2013-09-17 16:44:19 UTC
Roime wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

No, actually you said that arenas would take 30-40% of your EVE time. And most importantly, you want them because you don't understand or like the nature of open world PVP.

Quote:

50% efficiency means that someone is just hopelessly terrible :D

But yes, by comparing our killboards it's pretty obvious that I'm a horrible blobber and risk averse pilot who only kills noobs in noobships and pods, and you seek out risk and challenges, from places such as Couster.

Quote:

You want, there's no-one else supporting you.

Quote:

You mean like even matchups like destroyers vs Ventures? Or bombers vs cyno frigs? Sounds intriguing.

I'm soloing goonswarm, 90% of my kills are goons in VFK area, my K/D shows I'm winning every day, the challange and risk i take is close to 50/50... I'm playing 1 vs. 5000, you play 30 vs. 1

you just shoot inferiour players, you loose 1 ship a month because you don't take any risk, not try harder opponents

it is like it is... thats why you don't understand competitive gaming, you are no competitive gamer, but thanks for bumping the thread again
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#300 - 2013-09-17 16:46:55 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Harry Forever wrote:

No Harry. Wrong about literally everything.

Look, if thousands of people want this, why not get them all to come here and tell us. I'm sure if that happened, CCP would jump on making it straight away.

they play other games right now, first CCP has to provide something better to attract them from their stuff, it is very clear what those millions want and how you could bring them to the game, CCP know that already