These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

concord reaction question

Author
Aralissia
ImperiaI Militia
ImperiaI Fleet
#1 - 2011-11-14 19:45:43 UTC
Take the following situation:

1) Pilots Main (in an AlphaPest) and pilot Alt (in a reaper) warp together to a belt.
2) Alt ejects from his ship and stays close to Main.
3) Main alphas a hulk and immediately boards the reaper, before concord arrives. Main waits for concord to spawn.
4) Concord arrives and toasts Main's reaper (I guess?)
5) Alt boards the empty Pest (hoping hulkpilotinpod didn't do that yet)
6) ?
7) Alt is very happy he happened to be at the right time in the right place to find an abandoned Pest.

This is clearly not an exploit since Main did not try to run away from concord and got blown up.
Alt did nothing wrong, never assisted Main in any way. Alt just happened to find an abandoned ship.

... but somehow I have the feeling that someone else might have tried this already, and that it didn't quite work?
Or did it?
I would expect an hurricane of tears if this would actually work....
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#2 - 2011-11-14 21:23:45 UTC
Aralissia wrote:

1) Pilots Main (in an AlphaPest) and pilot Alt (in a reaper) warp together to a belt.
2) Alt ejects from his ship and stays close to Main.
3) Main alphas a hulk and immediately boards the reaper, before concord arrives. Main waits for concord to spawn.
4) Concord arrives and toasts Main's reaper (I guess?)
5) Alt boards the empty Pest (hoping hulkpilotinpod didn't do that yet)
6) ?
7) Alt is very happy he happened to be at the right time in the right place to find an abandoned Pest.

This is clearly not an exploit since Main did not try to run away from concord and got blown up.
Alt did nothing wrong, never assisted Main in any way. Alt just happened to find an abandoned ship.

... but somehow I have the feeling that someone else might have tried this already, and that it didn't quite work?
Or did it?

I haven't tried it myself, but I'm pretty sure this was used and nerfed ages ago.

Try it, report back. I'm guessing it won't work and you'll lose the pest.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Zions Child
Higashikata Industries
#3 - 2011-11-15 00:26:52 UTC
IIRC Concord arrives before you can eject, or the ship won't let you eject after committing a crime. Or, CONCORD still blows up your pest. It won't work (and yes, it would be an exploit if it did, as you are essentially evading the consequences relating to losing your ship for committing a crime, CCP would most certainly tell you this).

Realize that I adore ganking and would love to not have to lose my ship, but alas, that's how it works.
Jitas Prostitute
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4 - 2011-11-15 00:50:36 UTC
Zions Child wrote:
IIRC Concord arrives before you can eject, or the ship won't let you eject after committing a crime. Or, CONCORD still blows up your pest. It won't work (and yes, it would be an exploit if it did, as you are essentially evading the consequences relating to losing your ship for committing a crime, CCP would most certainly tell you this).

Realize that I adore ganking and would love to not have to lose my ship, but alas, that's how it works.

OK, so besides captain oblivious here... does anyone have any personal experience with this tactic or are you just repeating what you "think" you know.

I always have Sun Tzu and General Patton quotes close by when I PvP in this internet spaceship video game, eve online.

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#5 - 2011-11-15 00:59:01 UTC  |  Edited by: FloppieTheBanjoClown
30 seconds with Google:

http://skilltrainingcomplete.com/questions/will-concord-still-blow-up-your-ship-if-you-eject

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1449930

They'll destroy your empty ship if those are to be believed.

I still say, try it and see what happens. Best way to find out.

Do it quick, before the expansion hits and you lose your insurance :)

Zions Child
Higashikata Industries
#6 - 2011-11-15 03:18:39 UTC
Jitas Prostitute wrote:
Zions Child wrote:

OK, so besides captain oblivious here... does anyone have any personal experience with this tactic or are you just repeating what you "think" you know.

Captain Oblivious is not arrogant enough to think that after 8 years of ganking people haven't thought of a rather simple way of avoiding the consequences of CONCORD. Its been a while since I tried something like this, but I distinctly remember trying to eject to save a ship for the lols and it not working, I didn't remember the exact mechanic as to why it didn't work.

So no, I wasn't repeating what I "think" I knew, I was repeating what I knew from personal experience and could not recall perfectly from memory. I would call you a whore, but your character name already mentions that. Have a good day!
Lord Wiggin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-11-15 05:36:55 UTC
Aralissia wrote:

Snip*****

Or did it?

Goon alt detected....

How is avoiding the real ship loss not an exploit? Roll

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2011-11-15 11:33:25 UTC
I can confirm that it does not work.... Tried it with my suicide alt.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2011-11-15 11:52:21 UTC
Lord Wiggin wrote:

Goon alt detected....

it's not like we have our own forums or anything

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Aralissia
ImperiaI Militia
ImperiaI Fleet
#10 - 2011-11-15 20:51:34 UTC
Thanks for the comments, Gents.

Change of tactics then:

1) Alt in Pest, Main in -whatever cheap ship that locks and alphas a pod- warp to belt
2) Alt kills hulk (concord blows pest)
3) Main locks Hulk's pod (he has plenty of time, since hulkpilot is probably macroing anyway) and kills it
4) Main collects a seventeen-inch long implant-killmail
5) ??? (maybe a 2nd alt comes to loot/salvage?)
6) TEARS!

Probably, in 0.5/0.6 Alt can also use a brutix

Clearly, no exploit here, since both the ships that did the actual shooting got destroyed
Or am I wrong again somewhere?

Alt didn't podkill so sec-loss can be recovered reasonably fast
Main will have a sec-problem fast, but he can stay in a pod and have his gank-ship delivered at a SS in the system where the gank is to take place... I think.

BTW, Yes, I confirm Goons are my alts :-)
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#11 - 2011-11-15 21:20:32 UTC  |  Edited by: FloppieTheBanjoClown
Be aware that all indications are that you'll be losing your insurance payment on that Brutix in a few weeks. But yes, you can gank the hulk and then use an arty thrasher (fit it with sebos for the fast lock) to volley the pod into oblivion. For lols you could get your thrasher on the hulk killmail too, just need to be sure your guns are done cycling when the pod comes out.

edit: if they're bot mining, a lot of the bots will log off if they hit a certain percentage of armor. You might not be able to catch the pod if that's the case. Though if you bring a scanner and get your probes in position first, you can chase down that pod and blow it up before it disappears.

Zions Child
Higashikata Industries
#12 - 2011-11-16 01:17:51 UTC
No problems with the above tactics, and yes, arty thrasher is death to pods. Even more so after the expansion.