These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

destroyers - gankers and high sec

First post First post
Author
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#21 - 2013-09-15 15:46:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Domanique Altares
Jim Roebuck wrote:
I did a quick EFT fit for a Catalyst going for 800 DPS, highest I've managed to get was 612, so you sir are wrong about an 800 DPS Catalyst fit.

You can push 700 on a max skills gank fit with cheap implants, Void, and preheating your guns.

Edit: Still wrong about 800 though. That'd be a pricey damned fit if it's even doable.
Dave Stark
#22 - 2013-09-15 15:47:18 UTC
Belana Mawr wrote:
ok I may have exaggerated at the cost of the ship but as this link shows

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=20539008

this fit can take out a hulk and pod for only 11mil

Liar
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#23 - 2013-09-15 15:48:23 UTC
Jim Roebuck wrote:
I did a quick EFT fit for a Catalyst going for 800 DPS, highest I've managed to get was 612, so you sir are wrong about an 800 DPS Catalyst fit.

Was that overheated? I can get 685 by cooking all the things and all skills 5 with EveHQ

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Dave Stark
#24 - 2013-09-15 15:48:31 UTC
the OP made 2 claims.

800 dps from a catalyst.
it costs 2m.

both have been proven false.
therefore i do believe this thread should be locked for rumour mongering
Jonah Gravenstein
#25 - 2013-09-15 15:50:34 UTC
Belana Mawr wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Best I've ever gotten is 500ish DPS range off a Catalyst.

It takes more like..10-12 Cats to drop a Skiff, not 2.

ISK tanking is an awful idea. Ship worth should have no bearing on it's survivability.

Your wrong

8-10 could near on take out an orca with the response times in 0.5

Bear in mind that some of the people you're saying are wrong, gank barges and Orcas all day long and generally know what they're talking about. You've just painted a very large target on yourself, I hope you posted with an alt Twisted

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Jim Roebuck
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-09-15 15:51:46 UTC
Well damn me, I forgot all about implants and overheating.

When Bon Scott died and he appeared before St. Peter at the gates of Heaven, St. Peter looked at his record and told him he couldn't get in. Just then, God screams at Peter, "Let him in, Karen Carpenter is driving me nuts. I want to hear some music with balls. We'll haggle over the paperwork later." At least I hope that's what happened.

Donbe Scurred
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-09-15 15:51:53 UTC
Is that you Aldus? If not post in his thread he doesn't have many supporters over there, he could use your help.Roll
Alavaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2013-09-15 15:53:09 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Belana Mawr wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Best I've ever gotten is 500ish DPS range off a Catalyst.

It takes more like..10-12 Cats to drop a Skiff, not 2.

ISK tanking is an awful idea. Ship worth should have no bearing on it's survivability.

Your wrong

8-10 could near on take out an orca with the response times in 0.5

Bear in mind that some of the people you're saying are wrong, gank barges and Orcas all day long and generally know what they're talking about. You've just painted a very large target on yourself, I hope you posted with an alt Twisted

Highsec is dangerous, nerf gankers

Loyalty is a virtue, participation brings reward.

Jonah Gravenstein
#29 - 2013-09-15 15:55:32 UTC
Alavaria wrote:

Highsec is dangerous, nerf gankers

Post with your main P

*Been wanting to do that for a couple of days Lol

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#30 - 2013-09-15 15:55:54 UTC
CCP buffs the tank for all barges and exhumers nerfing forever the idea of a Hulkageddon...........and "they" still complain.Roll

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#31 - 2013-09-15 16:00:02 UTC
Belana Mawr wrote:
I am seeing gankers kill ships on 0.5 every 20 minutes. They use 3mills isk worth of destroyer that packs an 800dps hit and is more than capable of taking down 250mill worth of hulk tanked or otherwise.
No, they really aren't.

Quote:
They sit at safe spots and have alts deliver destroyers to them then bookmark and warp in on there targets often snagging the pods too because of the concord response times.
Have you tried hunting down and killing them?

Quote:
What can we suggest to CCP to implement and make ganking more cost worthy?
A better question is “why?” Why should it cost more?
Falin Whalen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-09-15 16:02:22 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
CCP buffs the tank for all barges and exhumers nerfing forever the idea of a Hulkageddon...........and "they" still complain.Roll

Well yea, they buffed the tank so that they don't have to tank their Hulk/Mackinaw, and instead concentrate on max yield. Sheesh, get with the times man.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#33 - 2013-09-15 16:02:38 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Unfortunately, CCP hasn't built the tank directly into the hull yet. Look for mining barges and exhumers to be revamped to be almost exactly like freighters in the near future. Mining vessels will have max mining output rolled into the hull, as well as the resists, and resultant EHP of a DCU, invuln, and shield extenders/rigs, leaving only high slots for the chosen mining modules.

Or course, they will still scream like babbies fresh off the teat when their crap continues to be ganked.
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#34 - 2013-09-15 16:04:10 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Good morning, Tippia. I see that you've brought your sense of humor today.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#35 - 2013-09-15 16:06:52 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Well yea, they buffed the tank so that they don't have to tank their Hulk/Mackinaw, and instead concentrate on max yield. Sheesh, get with the times man.

Some yes. Others no. Generalizing about 'everyone' is always a bad idea.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#36 - 2013-09-15 16:08:12 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Look for mining barges and exhumers to be revamped to be almost exactly like freighters in the near future.

Oh yes, that would be 'helpful' since Freighters never, ever get popped. Roll

Ghost Phius
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-09-15 16:08:18 UTC
I think I'll tell my ganker friends about this thread. They might find an interesting target.Twisted
Dave Stark
#38 - 2013-09-15 16:09:12 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Falin Whalen wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Some yes. Others no. Generalizing about 'everyone' is always a bad idea.

you don't understand scarcasm do you?
Jonah Gravenstein
#39 - 2013-09-15 16:10:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Ghost Phius wrote:
I think I'll tell my ganker friends about this thread. They might find an interesting target.Twisted

You should check out this thread for a couple more to play with.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#40 - 2013-09-15 16:10:54 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Good morning, Tippia. I see that you've brought your sense of humor today.

Rumour has it that the new scanning system is severely dumbed-down and automated these days. Surely even a miner can make use of it?